Apologies

Words of Regret and Love

*Sirens*

I’m sorry. Please… Don’t leave me. Please…

.

I’m so sorry.

.

.

.

Beep.

.

Beep.

.

Beep…

.

“Ughhh”

 

“Taeyeon?... Tae? Can you hear me?”

A gentle voice whispers in my ear. I’m struck… so soft, so beautiful…but why does it sound so broken? The pain in the voice hurts me more than the aches I begin to feel as I slowly come to. My eyes flutter in beat with my heart, but they won’t open. The monitor goes wild, registering my palpitating heart patterns until I feel your hand on mine. It calms me…

“TaeTae? Can…can you hear me?” you repeat again, voice trembling.

I force my eyes open. I have to see the face that accompanies that broken voice. A bright white light greets me. I squint, eyes straining against the background lights and through it, I finally see you.

“Tiffany” I croak out, my voice hoarse from lack of use. “Don’t cry…” My hand reaches out to wipe the tears from your face but it’s stopped. I notice the tubes hooked up to my arms and being to pull at them. I try to sit up, only to feel sharp pains in my sides.

“Don’t move!” Even when I’m hurt, you’re not afraid to scold me for being stupid. I laugh lightly, noticing how even that slight movement makes me ache. I ignore it and once again reach out for you. You’re still holding my hand. It’s cold. How long have you been waiting here, Tiffany? I sigh, and carefully lean out, wary of all the lines around me. You save me the trouble and meet me halfway.

 

“Tiffany” is all I can gasp out as I hide my face in the crook of your neck. I breathe deeply, inhaling the slight scent of strawberries and vanilla that naturally radiates off your skin. I grasp onto you with all I have, relying on your steady weight can anchor me and bring me back to reality. A warm wetness softly lands on my cheek. I breathe deeply again. You’re crying. I can feel it; I can feel your body begin to shake with the sobs, I can feel it within my own being. I hold you tighter.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry. I love you.”

 

This time it’s my voice that utters those bittersweet words of regret and love.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N:

Hey everyone! So this is pretty much my first little Taeny drabble. Decided to test out my first-person writing skills and see how well I could portray emotion. Sooo tell me what you think! Like it? Hate it? Let me know! I'm open to all constructive criticism =D. Should I write more little drabbles like this??? Hmmm....

*Oh! Also, question for those who know. If I write "You" will it atomatically enter the reader's name into the story -__-? I really hope not. I actually want it to say you. If this is the case, is there a way to keep that from happening?? Thanks!!