OSL - Chapter 21

Oath to a Secret Lover

Chapter 21

The evening was getting darker and Suzy just hopped off from her bus stop. “See you tomorrow.”

Myungsoo waved for the last time and the bus drove off.

As Suzy was walking home, she saw Kai. “Hey, where’s your lover?” Kai teased with a chuckle. “I’m just kidding. Don’t look at me like that.”

“It’s getting late. Aren’t you going home?”

“I need to earn some money. I’m working part time at a café.” He smiled. “Go now, your mom must be worried if you go home late.”

She nodded and they started walking on their own ways. Suddenly, Suzy turned back to him. “Kai.” He turned. “Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.”

“I will. Thanks.”

And with that, they parted ways.

She got home and climbed upstairs to her room. Looking at the mirror, she remembered the necklace and saw nothing around her neck. Furiously, she tapped her pockets and removed all the things from her backpack. “Where is it?”

Getting worried, she ran her fingers to her hair in irritation and sat on her bed. “What am I going to do?”

Without changing, she goes outside to search for her necklace. Inch by inch she walks on the places she went and half an hour had passed but still nothing was found.

Giving up, she dropped down to her knees and let out a big sigh. “Myungsoo will get angry at me.”

“Suzy, what are you doing here this late? I thought you went home?” Kai asked as she looked down at her. Suzy sighed and Kai gave her a helping hand to stand up. “I lost something.”

“What is it?”

“Oh, it’s nothing ... but I hope I’ll find it soon.” Smiling, she waved her hand at him and bid goodbye. “I’ll go now, mom might be worried.”

“Yeah, you go now.” Kai nodded and waved back.

Afterwards, Kai’s phone rang. A message envelope popped out from his phone and he opened it. It was from Krystal telling him to meet up. As he reached the café Krystal told her to go, he pulled the glass door and entered. He searched for Krystal and saw her playing with a necklace, Suzy’s necklace.

“Hey, what’s that?” Kai pulled the chair across her and sat.

“Something precious to Suzy.” She smirked making him in confusion. She slid the necklace towards him and let him look at it. “Myungsoo gave that to her. What are we supposed to do with that?”

Kai took the necklace and hang it in the air. He checked it and saw a letter M and S on the inside with a heart on it. “You just give it back.”

“What?” She scoffed. “Yeah right, I had a difficult time planning how to get that and you just told me to give it back? Give me a break.” She leaned back on her chair and rested her arms on both sides of the chair.

“This isn’t yours. You shouldn’t have stolen it from the first place.” Sliding it back to her, she slammed her palms on the table and glared at him.

“You’re no good at this. I thought you like Suzy? Get rid of it. Throw it or give it to your girl friends.” She crossed her arms and sipped on her frappe.

Kai rubbed his forehead and sighed. “For you to know, I don’t have girl friends. You’re lucky I’m talking to you, I dare no one to talk to me.”

“Tch. Whatever dude! You’re lucky I’m talking to you.” She bit her lip and stood up. “If you’re not going to do anything, then I will.”

Passing by him, he grabbed her arms. “Just … give it back to her. Stealing that necklace won’t do anything. He can just buy her another one.”

Krystal pulled her arm back and stomped her feet. “Then what am I supposed to do to break them up? Should I just be the one to use my brain here? You’re no help.”

Kai stood up and dragged her out of the café. “YA! DON’T TOUCH ME!”

Reaching the sidewalk he let go of her hand. “Let’s not be stupid here.”

“Are you calling me stupid?”

I saw Suzy looking for that necklace a while ago.”

“And so? Am I supposed to pity her?”

He reached his palms to her and looked at her seriously. “Give me the necklace. I’ll be giving that back to her.”

“NO WAY!” Hiding it on her back, he tried to get it. She tried to escape from him by running but he chased her first. With his aim to get the necklace, he didn’t realize he was already hugging her freezing Krystal into place.

“Got it!” He exclaimed and took one step away from her. He smiled and Krystal pushed him dropping him on the ground. “AISH! Do whatever you want! Such an idiot!” And with that, she stomped her feet and walked away.

That girl surely has no temper!” He shook his head and stood up. Standing up, his foot ached making him throb from pain. “Aish! YA!”

Later that night, a large knock on Suzy’s window was heard. To know, it was Kai who threw stones on it. Surprisingly, he was about to throw when Suzy popped her head outside the window. It was a relief he didn’t continue.

“What are you doing here?” She angrily said with a soft voice, afraid that her mother might hear her. Slipping the necklace from his palms, he smiled and Suzy pointed at it. “That’s my necklace!”

Quickly, she went downstairs happily. Arriving outside her house, Kai gave her the necklace.

Thank you so much for finding it.” Suzy smiled and suddenly hugged him leaving Kai in shock.

Without noticing the person looking at them, Suzy freed him happily.

“Suzy-ah.” As they both look at the person who spoke, Suzy’s smile faded.

“Myung, ... it’s not what you think.”


Auhor's Note: Another update :)

Comment below beloved chingus! ^^