Prologue

Latte Couple

Prologue.

(Listen to this http://chang-joe.tumblr.com/post/51779439251/chang-joe-exo-my-lady)

[Hyeri’s POV]

It has been the umpteenth time I visited Kris’s grave.

Unlike before, the weather’s nice. As usual, I put flowers and cleaned up his grave. But I feel a little uneasy, whenever I went here.

“I’m sorry, Kris” I said to his grave. “Its hard to be happy for now. I haven’t found my true happiness...”

Do you think I’m still crying over him?

Nope, I’m not crying anymore. 

But my heart did.

I looked back once again before I left the cemetery area. Today, its been three years since he closed his eyes for eternity. I still remember that night very well like it was yesterday. Though I tried a thousands time to forget him, I instead still missing him. Even nightmares always haunted me almost every night. But I thought again, maybe my heart is not ready to forget him, not ready to lose him. 

Not ready to face the reality.

Maybe I haven’t find someone to move on.

I hate to admit that. Although I was reminded many times, especially by that ahjumma who is none other than my bestfriend, Sujin.

“Well, if you want that happy ending, don’t commit suicide and find it from someone else”

Somehow, her words had been echoing in my mind around these days. Kris words, was replaced by hers.

Maybe Sujin is right.

Speaking of her, my phone suddenly ringed. Its a text message from her.

from:Sujin~

yah! Where are you? Im already here><

 Shoot, i almost forgot I had an appointment with Sujin.

hey! You said today at 1 pm. Do you know what time is it?!” Sujin screamed as soon as I pressed the green button. I

“Okay, okay. I am so sorry, I’m on the way─”

stop saying on the way or I’ll burn your house!

`Burn my house? No way. I’ll burn your favorite LV Bag then.`

 “Yes ma’am. Bye!” I said as I stopped my evil thoughts and ran to the nearby bus.

As soon as I hopped off from the bus, I started to run to that cafe. But I was unlucky. I slipped and bumped oto someone. I cursed to myself and tried to stand up but I slipped once again. I can feel my face now as red as tomato. The person who bumped to me was laughing softly. I look up and saw a guy. Or maybe a girl. A very tomboy one.

 He’s too good to be true for a guy. He’s too pretty....

“Hey, are you alright?”

I tried to stand and ignoring him but slipped once again. Shoot.

“Here, let me help you” he took my hand and helped me stand up.

“Sorry...” I finally said after I stood up.

“No, no problem. Its quite funny, haha~” he answered as he laughed. Ugh, he’s embarrassing me.

“N─no! I’m really sorry, I didn’t see you’re coming.” I stuttered but he suddenly straightened his face.

“Geez, stop saying sorry to me...” he said in a friendly tone, running his hand to the back of his neck. “By the way, I’m....”

His words was interrupted by the ring of the phone.

Geurae wolf, naega wolf, auuuu, ah saranghaeyo~

I feel so sorry for that guy. I quickly answer the phonecall from Sujin.


 

[Luhan’s POV]

She was about to know my name when suddenly, her phone was ringing.

 

In a funny way. Never thought someone can use that wolf-like song for a ringtone.

 

“Wait a minute! Yeah hello?....can you stop shouting at me?! My ear is hurts!...yess yess im on the way....!%@#$^ shut up, bye!”

 

I wanted to laugh on how she spoke on the phone. I smiled as I watched her, and she’s not noticing me. After she finished her phone call, she turned to me and said her last words.

 

“So sorry but i have to go now! Oh and I’m Hyeri! Nice to meet you, bye!”

 

“Luhan” I waved as I sighed, I even murmured, how the hell is she going to hear my name? I looked to my phone, and a text message popped up in all of sudden.

 

From: Suho

Yah, Xia Lu! CAFE. NOW.

 

 

“There he goes again with the capslock text messages” I mumbled. I’m too lazy to go to the cafe now. But not forgetting his surprises.

 

“I heard that, Luhan” Suho suddenly called. “Thank god you’re close to the cafe. Don’t think of running  away again, arraso?”

 

“Its not like I’m really gonna run away” I lazily answered. “Not on your watch”

 

“Not on my watch” Suho smirked before he put his arm on my shoulder and walked back to the cafe, or in my case, my workplace.

 

“Come on, dude” Suho laughed. “We need you and your magic touch. Our latte is signature, well known because of your magic touch”

 

“You’re saying as if I’m Fairy Godmother with her bibbidi-bobbidi-boo” I replied. Suho laughed as we walked into the cafe.

 

First Class Boulangerie.

 

I’m not sure who named this cafe, probably Suho’s grandpa. It was my workplace all along, and my second home. So I wouldn’t run away from a place like this. Its a cafe, where we sell cakes, snacks and coffee.

 

The cafe was made with a theme of classic cafe. We wrote the menu with blackboard and chalk, also, everything is wooden. But not seemed old, it seemed like a wooden school canteen. Suho had this crazy idea, turning the cafe into a school canteen. But it doesn’t seemed much like it. There are some caricature that is also school-related, like books, pencils, even Einstein caricature was plastered on the walls. Not to mention us, who’s in the caricature as well. Suho is secretly an interior designer.

 

Consist of eleven employees. The manager was Suho, and divided into a few stations. First, the cashier and the waiters. Xiumin, has always been the cashier since First Class was made. I don’t know why. He also the math geek between us, who’s full of calculation. And the waiters are those who are good looking, such as Kai, Sehun and Tao.

 

Next, the cooking stations. All who worked in here smelled like cakes. They’re Baekhyun, D.O. and Chen. They’re talented in making cakes, and the whole cafe was amazed of their cakes. There was once a neighbor cafe challenged for a pattisserie competition, and these three pattissiers with flying colors.

 

Last but not least, the coffee station. Consist of Lay, Chanyeol and me. Nothing much, we just made coffee. And we always confused of people compliments. Sometimes, I found a girl sitting on the bar just to see me making coffee and playing with creamer. Meanwhile, Lay is good at making chinese tea and matcha, and Chanyeol is good at making anything but cold beverage. The three of us are barista with different skills on certain beverages. Suho sometimes over complimenting my coffee, while Lay’s matcha and chinese tea was raising the sales. Also, not to forget Chanyeol’s addictive bubble tea and milkshakes. He also made ice cream.

 

“Dude, you’re late” Kai said, giving me a tray of two lattes.. “I’m sorry to bug you, Lu, but my professor has been calling me for ten times. Please bring this order to the table 25, upstairs”

 

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “I’m not even wearing my uniform yet!”

 

“Here, wear my apron” he s his arms to my waist, trying to wear the apron on me. “Just bring the coffee. Easier than you always do, arraso?”

 

“Why don’t you–” I called him but he already ran. The bell rang followed by the closed door. I sighed as I walked to the balcony. I looked to latte. There’s no creamer on it.

 

“Who the hell made this latte...” I sighed as I walked back to give some creamer. I don’t just pour it, but I have to make a good creation.

 

 

After five minutes of playing with the creamer, I walked upstairs and found no one.

 

The customer was outside, at the wide balcony. That balcony that looks like a patio combined with school-field. Ten tables with umbrellas are located near the railings, so the customer can see a good view of the city. But it was above a basketball field. In the middle, there’s a fountain with flowers.

 

“Here’s your order” I said to the customer. They stopped talking and looked at me. The first girl was normal, but when I looked to the second one, there comes this familiar feeling.

 

It was Hyeri, sitting with her friend at the patio. She stood up and took the tray, smiling at me who’s frozen in front of her. Why I turned into a statue in all of sudden? This is stupid.

 

“Ah, it was you” Hyeri smiled. “I didn’t know you work here... Kai”

 

Damnit.

 


Author's Note:

What I realized from this is, my writing style. It has gone way much different. Maybe because its romcom?

Yeah, I know. But maybe if the story gets gloomy, maybe it'll be the same writing style like in Just A Second.

Well this is just the prologue. The chapter was short because prologue was supposed to be short.

And I gave you the explanation of First Class Cafe because its a guide for the next chapters. 

So, what do you think?

Subscribe and comment!!