The Tale of Princess Eunbee

Princess Eunbee

 

*Click Clack Click Clack*

 

Rachel’s heavy footsteps echoed in the mostly empty street. After a long day at her job as a ferret store manager, she was heading home. As she lazily checked her phone for any new messages, a tall mysterious man ran into her, knocking her down to the ground.

 

“Ah!” Rachel cried out as she made contact with the concrete floor.

 

“GET UP! GET UP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” the tall man harshly pulled Rachel up from the ground.

 

“EXCUSE YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU-“ Rachel stopped midsentence when she caught a glimpse of the man’s face.

 

He had jet-black hair with soft brown eyes that seemed to be almost childlike in their innocence, his ears stuck outwards but Rachel found that cute, in fact, she found everything about him cute.

 

“HELLLLOOOO??? GIRL!! HELLO? IF YOU KEEP STANDING THERE, YOU’RE GONNA DIE!!!” the mysterious man shrieked.

 

“Huh?” Rachel cocked her head to the side in curiosity and slight confusion.

 

“Ugh. Just follow me.” The man said exasperatedly and began to drag her away.

 

Rachel should have fought back, she shouldn’t have followed a complete stranger, but she was love stricken and he seemed trustworthy enough, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After what seemed like hours of awkward silence and hurried walking, they arrived at an old abandoned warehouse that seemed to have come straight out of a horror film.

 

“…Where are we?” Rachel said, clearly terrified.

 

“You’ll see soon enough.” The man whispered ominously

 

Rachel looked down to see that their hands were still intertwined; the man soon followed her gaze and immediately let go of her hand while clearing his throat awkwardly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What is this place?” Rachel asked as she followed the man down what seemed to be, a never-ending corridor.

 

“You ask too many questions.” The man snapped back.

 

“Sorry…just curious.” Rachel shrugged.

 

“Oh, I never got your name.” Rachel cautiously spoke.

 

“.... Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” The man hesitantly replied back.

 

“I’m Rachel.” Rachel cheerfully spoke.

 

“Korean name?” Chanyeol questioned.

 

“Eunbee.” Rachel simply replied.

 

“Hmmm.” Chanyeol only nodded.

 

They soon arrived at a door that seemed to be out of place in this spooky house. It was white and seemed to give off an eerie glow, it almost seemed to lead to a different world.

 

“Eunbee-yah. We’re here to take to back to EXO planet. I know that you probably don’t remember us but we had to leave you behind 3 years ago in order to save our troops during the intergalactic war. The earthlings have erased your memory in order to make sure that you don’t find your way back to EXO planet, thankfully, the royal court of EXO planet sent out troops to look for you and finally, I found you!” Chanyeol spewed information that Rachel couldn’t process this all at once so she simply nodded and gave him an uncertain smile.

 

Chanyeol heaved a relieved sigh and held Rachel’s hand tight.

 

“You ready?” He questioned with a determined gleam in his eye.

 

“Wha-what where are we going?!” Rachel finally realized the seriousness of the situation.

 

“To EXO planet.” Chanyeol flashed a bright smile and with that, they were rushed through the door.

 

As soon as she crossed the threshold of the doorway, Rachel was propelled forward into an abyss of color. She didn’t know what was going on but Chanyeol suddenly connected his lips to hers. Rachel’s eyes widened at the sudden kiss and she felt her body go numb with happiness.

 

Just keep your lips on mine and we’ll make it safely to EXO planet.” Chanyeol communicated his thought to Rachel.

 

“HOW-HOW CAN I HEAR YOU WHEN YOUR LIPS AREN’T MOVING?” Rachel whispered against Chanyeol’s soft lips.

 

Telepathy. It’s a trait given to the royal court of EXO planet to communicate secret information” Chanyeol simply replied.

 

Rachel’s body suddenly felt heavy and her eyes began to close and she heard Chanyeol whisper, “We’re here.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Rachel woke up in a grand room more dazed than ever, when she saw a peculiar man enter the chamber.

 

“You’re awake?” He questioned, raising one thick eyebrow upwards.

 

“Yeah… Not to be rude or anything but, who are you?” Rachel softly spoke.

 

“You don’t remember you old boyfriend, Eunbee?” The man chuckled.

 

“BO-BOYFRIEND?” Rachel cried.

 

“Haha, the name’s Kevin. Kevin Li. You’ve changed quite a lot, Eunbee-ah” The man gently said while examining her face closely.

 

“Kevin. Hm…” That name seemed so foreign, almost as if she had never had a connection to it.

 

“We need to get you to the royal hall to have you reinstated to the royal court, princess.”

 

“What? HAHA PRINCESS? ARE YOU PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR MIND? I DON’T KNOW ANY OF YOU!! WHAT IS THIS PLACE?? WHO ARE YOU? TAKE ME BACK TO EARTH YOU WEIRDOS! WHERE THE HELL IS THAT STUPID DOOR? CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL! TAKE ME BACKKKKKK!!!!” Rachel finally lost her cool and had a full blown meltdown, much to Kevin’s amusement.

 

“Calm down, Eunbee. You’ll get your memory back slowly, after you visit familiar place.” Kevin tried to calm down the hysterical girl.

 

“NO. JUST. TAKE. ME. BACK.” The girl said with a clenched jaw.

 

“Eunbee, listen to me. This is where you- ARG!!!” Kevin suddenly writhed in pain.

 

Clutching his side, he fell to the ground and started groaning in excruciating pain.

 

“KEVIN! WHAT THE HELL? WHAT’S WRONG???” Rachel desperately asked the man.

 

“IT’S THE CANCER. LEAVE ME BE. GO. GO TO THE ROYAL COURT AND CLAIM YOUR CROWN. PLEASE. GO.” And with that, Kevin went limp.

 

“KEVIN, WHAT THE HELL? I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. SOMEBODY PICK THIS HOBO OFF THE ING GROUND AND GIVE HIM SOME CHEMOTHERAPHY OR SOMETHING.” Rachel was beginning to get frustrated.

 

A few hooded members emerged from behind the curtains and dragged Kevin’s body away.

 

“Eunbee, it’s time to go to the hall.” Chanyeol stood at her doorway with his hand held out.

 

“CHANYEOL! TAKE ME HOME! PLEASE, TAKE ME HOME!” Rachel pleaded.

 

“Just come with me.” And with that, Eunbee was dragged away.

 

 

“I WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE CITIZENS OF EXO PLANET FOR ATTENDING THE CROWNING CEREMONY OF OUR BELOVED PRINCESS, EUNBEE.” An old-looking man boomed into a microphone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“LET THE CROWNING BEGIN!” The crowd cheered.

 

“State your position.” A monotonous man spoke with his head directed towards Rachel.

 

“Uh, princess?” Rachel replied hesitantly.

 

“State your full name.” The man spoke yet again.

 

“Kim Eunbee.” Rachel snapped back.

 

“State your- wait… KIM Eunbee?” The man put emphasis on her last name.

 

“…Yes. Kim Eunbee.” Rachel clarified.

 

The entire crowd fell silent and all eyes were on Rachel.

 

“Holy...crap.” The monotonous man suddenly paled and turned his head to the royal court that sat behind Rachel.

 

“What wrong?” Rachel seemed really confused at the reaction.

 

“Rachel, you’re last name is Kim?” Chanyeol’s voice echoed.

 

“Yes. Why?” Rachel turned to face the tall man.

 

“Holy .” Chanyeol suddenly blurted.

 

“Chanyeol, what’s going on?!” Rachel questioned, clearly frustrated by the lack of response to her previous questions.

 

“I brought the wrong Eunbee.” Chanyeol’s voice was barely a whisper.

 

“What?” Rachel was more confused than ever.

 

“I was supposed to bring LEE Eunbee. You’re KIM Eunbee.” Chanyeol’s voice was diminishing due to the shock.

 

“Well, .” The King suddenly blurted.