Fin.

Steternation

Achoo!


Luhan sniffles a little, wiping under his nose with the soft sleeve of his cotton shirt.

“Bless you,” Everybody choruses in perfect unison. Luhan’s continual sneezing had become part of the background noise at that point , and the words leave their mouths without a second thought, almost as a reflex. Their attempts at enjoying their pitifully short but well earned break from dance practice were constantly being thwarted by Luhan's Chihuahua like sneezes; they were loud, nasally, high pitched, and annoying as hell.


“Urgh, why can’t I stop sneezing? I know I’m not sick, because I’ve been this way for a freaking month.” Luhan moans, rolling around on the hardwood floor where he is lounging by Sehun.


“Maybe you're dying and you just don’t realize it yet.” Chen offers cheerfully, his attention focused on his phone, because obviously Angry Birds is more important than Luhan's well being.


Luhan looks visibly taken at Chen’s suggestion.


The group rolls their eyes at Luhan, who so foolishly listens to everything Chen says. If there’s one thing they all know—even Tao, who still has a language barrier—it’s not to trust a word that comes out of Chen’s mouth.


“When will I kn- achoo!” Luhan doesn’t actually get a chance to finish his panicked thought as he lets out another high-pitched yip. Chanyeol decides that right then is a good time to ask Luhan if he can communicate with dogs, to which Luhan forgets his panic for a minute to indignantly hiss no thank you very much.

Chen waits for the two to stop their bickering before he continues, “It's simple really. There are some tell tale signs: you begin sneezing so much, you can’t breathe. Your eyes water up and you can’t see. Your nose gets so plugged up, you can’t smell.  Your head throbs horrible. Then you know you’re done for.” Chen finally looks up from his phone to give Luhan a solemn look, and his face is a blank mask of seriousness.


“That sounds more like an allergy than anything else.” Kris points out sarcastically, the flaws in Chen's logic obvious to everyone but Luhan. (Luhan’s ignorance is one of the things Sehun has always found endearing about his older boyfriend. On the other hand, sometimes it was this same naivety that made Sehun want to bash his head into the nearest brick wall.)


“I happen to be an expert when it comes to thing-” “Achoo!”  Chen is cut off by another obnoxious squeak.


"Right as I was saying I am an exp-"

Yet more whining escapes from Luhan, broken and annoying as ever.


"Anyways like I-"


(Another sneeze)


"AS I WAS-"


This time when Luhan cuts him off, Chen just gives up, sighing loudly and throwing his hands dramatically in the air to show his defeat.


--


As Luhan fishes for a tissue in his practice bag—he could feel another big sneeze coming on—he hears something vibrating elsewhere, and a minute later Sehun leaves the room with a mumbled be right back; the rest of group disperses to do other things.


It's about a minute later when the building pressure from before slowly begins to recede. Luhan wipes at the fluids that were beginning to drip out of his nostrils and settles back down on the ground, sighing in relief now that his eyes have stopped watering too.


"Hmmm. I knew it! Just as I suspected." Chen declares, his chin thoughtfully as he comes up from behind Luhan.


"W-what?" Luhan stutters a little, nervous to hear what the all-knowing Chen had to say.


With no Chihuahua noises or pesky band members to interrupt him this time, Chen (gleefully) motions for Luhan to lean forward, into earshot.


"Well. I didn't want to say this in front of the others...especially Sehun." Chen begins, voice low and cautious. Luhan is too scared now to notice the mischievous glint lurking in the recesses of Chen’s eyes.


"Why? Is there something wrong with Sehun?" Luhan whispers back, concern replacing the usual playfulness of the doe faced boy.


"I don't know how to say this to you Luhan." Chen looks down to build more suspense, but to Luhan it appears to him that it's because the situation is very, very grave.


"What, what is it Chen!?" Luhan demands frantically, the silence fueling the flames of his fears even more.


Chen draws in a deep breath, and exhales the verdict slowly, "It is quite obvious that you are allergic to your beloved Sehun."


Chen leans back to allow Luhan to process his words.


Luhan's face remains unchanged, besides the glassy sheen that overtakes his eyes.


Chen pulls his lower lip between his teeth, afraid that maybe, just maybe, Luhan was finally putting his brain cells to good use.


But much to his amusement, he finally gets the overly dramatic yet slightly heartbreaking kicked-puppy-reaction he had been aiming for when Luhan's delicate face finally crumples and his eyes begin to well with fresh tears.


"B-but how? W-why Sehun?" Luhan wails quietly, so not to draw the attention of the others.


"Well, it's not uncommon for this kind of thing to happen. Especially in relationships that are uh, rather physical." Chen smirks at the Chinese boy because he knows how uncomfortable it makes the elder to talk about his ual relations. Luhan makes no effort to deny Chen's assumption, instead choosing to puff his blush-ridden cheeks out, impatiently waiting to hear the rest of what Chen had to say.


"You see, your body has had so much contact and exposure to your boyfriend that your immune system has built up a sort of resistance to him. Therefore, your antibody mediated response—"


"I don't care about why!! Just tell me how fix this!" Luhan interrupts Chen's rather convincing (and thoughtfully planned might he add) explanation with an uncontained screech of emotion. (Luhan has always been a little over emotional Chen notes). He harshly tugs on Chen's baggy sweatshirt to express his distress.


"Ok, ok, calm your ."


Luhan just whimpers, not releasing the vice-like grip he still has on Chen's sleeve.


"So first off, you need to avoid all contact with your precious Sehun ah. Touching is a big fat no-no." Chen looks at him expectantly, all the while fighting to bite back a grin.


Luhan's pout transforms into a scowl upon hearing this, but he still unhappily nods in agreement.


"Ok. Number two: no eye contact. Whatever you do, do not look directly his eyes." Chen pauses again to make sure Luhan is still following.


Chen receives another angry pout and silent nod before he continues on.


"Alright. Number three: every time you engage in a conversation with Sehun and there are others around, you must link arms with the nearest person. It's for their own safety though. You don't want anyone catching what you have. Then everybody would be allergic to Sehun. Heck, even Sehun could become allergic to himself. You wouldn't want that, would you?"


Chen wonders if he has pushed his luck with this one—it seemed so far fetched and who would actually fall for something that was so obviously un-


"Alright, alright fine." A single tear is trailing its way down Luhan's left cheek.  Something stirs in Chen's heart at the sight. (Is it guilt?)


"So I guess I should tell you the most important condition now: you must not tell anyone else about this. Not Duizhang, not Jongin, not Yixing, not Minseok, and especially not Sehun." Chen finishes feeling satisfied with his conditions, most of which he basically pulled out of his .


“And what if I break one of those rules?” It would have sounded defiant if Luhan’s voice hadn’t cracked awkwardly at the end.


“Well then.” Chen doesn’t trust himself to say it with a straight face so he just gestures at his neck, making a slicing motion back and forth right below his extremely prominent Adam’s apple. (Because of course the possibility of imminent death has to exist for this to actually be amusing for Chen.)


Chen can’t help but imagine Sehun’s face upon seeing his dear boyfriend clinging to someone else. He doesn’t bother trying to hide his smile now, but Luhan is too busy angsting to himself to notice.


Luhan's face is glistening with tears at this point, and Chen thinks he looks like a fairy or something, with his face and eyes sparkling, and his pixie pink hair—oh, and that he should probably feel bad; and yet somehow, he doesn't.


That's when he realizes it wasn't guilt he was feeling, but the satisfaction of a trolling job well done. Ok, maybe there’s a little bit of guilt, but like a pro, he’s able to ignore that.


--


"Luhan, I have to go now. Suho hyung wants us all back at the dorm for some meeting thing." Sehun announces when he finally returns.


Luhan almost looks up, so he can look into Sehun's eyes and wish him the usual "Bye, I love you Sehunnie~", but he thankfully catches himself in time. That was a close call, Luhan thinks as he clutches his nervously palpitating heart.


"Ah, ok, bye Sehun ah." Luhan bids his boyfriend farewell quietly, face tilted towards the ground the entire time.


Sehun leans closer to pull Luhan into a good-bye kiss, but Luhan instantly jumps back a good foot and a half before he can get close enough.


"Hyung, what's wrong?" Luhan can hear the confusion in the younger's voice.


"Nothing. I'll see you later ok?" Luhan finishes quickly, scurrying off to where Jongin and Yixing are squawking about soccer. Or maybe it was dance. Luhan can never tell with those two.


Sehun just stares after his boyfriend, even more confused than before.


--


Avoidance can only go on for so long, and Luhan's luck runs out as soon as they get back to the dorm. Luhan had managed to avoid being near the maknae for as long possible, but now, as they are all sitting in the dorm kitchen for a group meal, Luhan has no choice but to face him.


Sehun moves to sit down next to Luhan, only to see the other scurry next to Jongin as he sits down. He throws his boyfriend a look, but opts to say nothing.


Luhan frowns at the paradox; he wants to sit next to Sehun and feed him like he always does, but he on the other hand, he doesn’t want to die. Using what self restraint he has , he stays firmly planted next to Jongin, who is busy showering Kyungsoo with compliments about his cooking and his face and basically his very existence on the planet.


Dinner starts off fairly normal; well as normal as it can with Chanyeol attempting to play footsie with what he thinks is Baekhyun but is actually just the table leg. Things only start on a downward slope when Sehun asks Luhan—of all people— to pass the rice.


Luhan nervously reaches toward the large white bowl of rice, taking extreme caution to keep his eyes trained on his hands that are gripping the bowl abnormally hard, and he goes about it slowly, passing the bowl at an obnoxiously sluggish pace.


Luhan can feel everyone’s eyes watching the two of them now: Sehun with his outstretched hands, impatiently waiting for Luhan to hand him the bowl, and Luhan, who is looking down, while handing the bowl over at a ridiculously slow pace. The whole thing was comical almost, as though the older of the two was trying some new and strange form of seduction.


Sehun, who is finally looking exasperated, tries to grab the bowl from Luhan, and in the process, brushes their hands together ever so slightly. The loud clatter the bowl makes when Luhan drops it is startling, and everyone at the table is shifting their eyes between Sehun and Luhan, as though it will help them decipher the abnormal exchange. There is an awkward silence that follows as Luhan mutters an apology with heated cheeks, head still ducked down as he begins cleaning up the mess. Sehun makes no effort to help him cleanup, instead choosing to look confused again, still trying to figure out what had just happened. Kyungsoo exchanges a glance with Jongin before he joins Luhan in cleaning up.


Of course, nobody seems to notice that Chen is the only one to spare the distraught couple nothing more than an impish smile, before continuing to eat his dinner happily. Although, he is a bit disappointed that he wouldn’t be getting any rice tonight.


--


“Yah, where do you think you’re going?”


Luhan flinches when he hears his boyfriend’s irritated voice calling after him. He was hoping to escape to their room before Sehun could confront him, but alas, he seems to be out of luck again.


A response is on the tip of his tongue, but Luhan notices Jongin enter the room. Remembering Chen’s warnings, he leaps at Jongin, quickly hooking his arm through Jongin’s. Jongin is obviously surprised, and he flinches when he sees Sehun glowering at him like an angry rainbow colored pitbull.


“Hi Luhan hyung?” The way Kai’s voice falters makes the greeting sound more like a question than a salutation.


“Ah. Hi.” Luhan isn’t really sure how to explain this to Sehun. So he doesn’t.


“Can I help you with something hyung?” Kai seems to be directing the question down to where Luhan has his hands wrapped around his arm.


“Nope. Everything’s cool. Yup.” Luhan tries to sound casual, as though he hadn’t just basically thrown himself at Jongin like the fangirls do when he does that thing with his crotch.


“Alright. Awesome.” Luhan receives a stiff thumbs up.


Jongin, wanting nothing more than to escape from the stink eye his rainbow haired amigo is giving him, begins to shuffle off toward his room. Much to the Jongin’s dismay however, Luhan continues to koala cling to his arm, and when he moves away to free himself from the other’s grasp, Luhan clutches onto him harder.


Sehun’s piercing gaze is more apparent than before, and if looks could kill, Jongin swears that he would have died at least 5 times by now.


“Eheh. Hyung, what are you doing right now?” Kai grits out between clenched teeth. The dancer flits his field of view from Sehun’s smoldering glare to look at Luhan with questioning eyes.


“N-nothing. I just haven’t talked to you in so long Jongin. How have you been? Good? That’s good.” Luhan babbles to himself. The least he could do is let Jongin answer him.


Sehun clears his throat, causing both his boyfriend and the brunette to turn their attention to the visibly unamused mankae.


“Luhan hyung, tell me what’s going on.” Sehun narrows his eyes at his boyfriend, who is once again avoiding his gaze.


“What do you mean? Everything’s fine.” Luhan, with arms still linked with an uncomfortable looking Jongin, rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet, in an attempt to seem indifferent to everything.


“Really, nothing at all?” Sehun asks finally, offering one more chance for explanation.


Luhan swallows gingerly, nodding shallowly to show that he has nothing more to offer.


Sehun, clearly disappointed in his answer, or therefore lack of, turns to leave, but not before unmistakably mouthing the words “I’m watching you” to a disconcerted Jongin. He even does the threatening hand to eye motions to let Jongin knows he means business.


--


A few days later, during a rehearsal for Music Core, Sehun somehow manages to trip over one of various wires littering the floor. Luhan sees of course, and out of instinct, he starts to rush over to the younger, worry for his well being obvious in the way his slender frame is rigidly tensed. But he stops abruptly, right before his trembling hand makes contact with Sehun; he hears the ominous warnings ringing loud and clear in his head once again.


Sehun, in obvious pain, judging by the way he is biting his lower lip and rocking his twisted ankle back and forth, eventually seems to register his boyfriend’s abruptness; how he had pulled away as though Sehun was infected with a terribly contagious disease (this makes his heart hurt worse more than his probably sprained ankle). He sighs, and though he has plenty to say, he decides to stand up and hobble away awkwardly, thankful for when Tao sees him and offers to assist him (Tao, too, throws a look at Luhan who is sitting on the floor where Sehun had left him)


--


Luhan’s hands still tremble a little after the show, probably in relief because it turns out Sehun only twisted his ankle and needed to ice it a little before performing, but he feels worse now than when he was stuck with his bothersome Chihuahua noises.


--


Luhan comes to the conclusion that despite the fact being near Sehun would just increase the incidence of eye contact or touching, he couldn’t help but be at a reasonably close distance to him. He still tries to stand next to him during performances if he can, doing so in a way so that hopefully none of the fans will notice how there always seems to be a little bit more of a distance between them now. Thankfully, there hasn’t come a time yet, in which Sehun decides to directly address him publicly.


--


“Hyung, you haven’t touched me in almost three weeks.” Sehun’s voice, loud and dripping with accusation (maybe a hint of sadness is there too), rings throughout their bedroom, causing Luhan to shift uncomfortably under his comforter.


“I know. I wish I could. I wish I wasn’t al-” Luhan lets his sentence trail off into silence, remembering that he isn’t supposed to tell anyone, especially not Sehun. (That’s right, imminent death, blah blah blah).


“You weren’t what?” The familiar sound of confusion is back in Sehun’s voice.


“Nothing Sehunnie, nothing.” Calling Sehun by his nickname helps Luhan feel a little better about himself. That and crying himself to sleep. The former just happens to be less embarrassing.


“You’re really not going to tell me anything?” Sehun sighs, something Luhan notices that he has been doing more often than not.


“I guess all I can say is that no matter what, I’ll always love you Sehunnie~”


Even if it’s all he can offer at the moment, at least it’s absolute honest truth.


--


“Wow, Lukai has been getting more popular lately.” Chanyeol loudly announces to the entire dorm one day, scrolling through the most searched things for the month, and then switching to the Lukai tag on tumblr.


Luhan flushes pink upon hearing this, and Kai coughs awkwardly; both can feel the burning gaze Sehun is directing towards them. Add in Kyungsoo’s burning glare and there’s enough heat for them to burn a hole through the couch.


“Whoa, look at all these edits. Reblogging these. And those too. And these gifs for sure because wow look at Jongin’s face in the third one. Aww, Luhan, you're like a koala, always clinging to Jongin! At the airport; Oh and at that concert, oh and that concert. And that interview too. Aish, so cute.” Chanyeol continues to gush, completely unaware of the disharmony that has overtaken the room. Suho and Kris, who were busy playing a rousing game of strip poker at one point, stop to watch the unfolding drama; Baekhyun face palms at his boyfriend’s social ineptness, while Minseok and Yixing just shake their heads at the lanky rapper who had just opened the forbidden can of worms; Kyungsoo looks down right pissed at it all, grumbling something vaguely resembling, “Kaisoo is better”.



And once more, nobody seems to notice a cheekily grinning Chen who continues to play Temple Run without giving a second glance to the rest of the dorm.


--


“I’m so done with those two.” Jongin makes no effort to stop himself from flopping face first onto his neatly made bed, courtesy of Kyungsoo.


Kyungsoo only snorts in response, forcefully flipping the page of Cooking Monthly that he was currently skimming; very aggressively one might add.


“What should I do Kyungsoo ah.” Jongin’s voice is muffled by his plush comforter, but Kyungsoo can still understand his roomate’s words.


“I don’t know, maybe you should go ask your Luhan hyung or something.” Kyungsoo says it accusingly, challenging Jongin to prove all of his suspicions right.


“Ugh Kyungsoo not you too. Can’t you see that Luhan hyung is throwing himself at everyone, not just me? He’s been acting weird for the past two months.”


Kyungsoo, being the honest person that he is, begrudgingly admits that something is indeed fishy.


“We better do something about this before things get even more effed up.”


Kyungsoo murmurs words of agreement, but neither of them is sure what either of them can really do to fix said problem.


 A whimper from under the bed seems to agree with them.


--


“Kyungsoo hyung, can you help me lace up my boots?” Sehun calls out to the singer in a sickly sweet voice, one that was so far removed from Sehun’s typical stoic personality, that even their manager is visibly disturbed by it.


“S-sure.” Kyungsoo, never one to deny the request of others if he can, shuffles over to where the youngest is seated, but not before giving the coordinoona who normally helps Sehun a “I-have-no-idea what the hell is going on” look.


When he’s finally done tugging the laces and tying them in neatly done bows, Sehun grabs Kyungsoo’s sleeve, pulling him up to eye level.



The sudden closeness between the two of them causes Kyungsoo to blush an embarrassing shade of pink, and to Sehun’s delight, Luhan and Jongin both gape at the two. Kyungsoo is about pull away, so not give the others the wrong idea, but stops when he notices Jongin watching them jealously. Also not one to miss on some well deserved revenge (at least to him it was), he instead moves closer to Sehun, tentatively reaching up to brush some nonexistent thing out of his high lighter hair.



“Thanks hyung.” Sehun gives him an exaggerated smile; one that is painted and obviously forced, but it doesn’t matter because both Luhan and Kai are too busy eating it up, reeling at the exchange in disbelief.



“Anytime Sehun ah.” Kyungsoo returns the maknae’s smile with his own warm smile, the one that he usually reserves for Jongin, and Jongin only.(With his eyes bulging the way they are at that moment, Jongin almost resembles his boyfriend.)



A faint question of “since when were those two so close?” followed by a “ten minutes till show time” can be heard floating throughout the room, and yet still, in the almost silent room, nobody seems to notice the stifled laughter coming from Chen.



--



Luhan feels the all too familiar smile that he always breaks into when he sees Sehun walking toward him. He looks down before he makes eye contact with the other, but he can feel Sehun’s eyes on him as he continues toward him.  It has been a rough two months, one lacking in intimate touches with that who mattered most, but they were still hanging on. Sorta.



He is ready to greet his boyfriend in the awkward, practiced manner he has been using for the past eight weeks, when suddenly, his target is intercepted by a short head of brown hair. Kyungsoo’s hair to be exact. Luhan feels his cheeks heat up, in what probably is anger, and mostly childish jealousy.  He can hear the two laughing about something; exactly what, Luhan can’t tell, nor does he care.



Sehun—who was obviously on his way to talk to Luhan—graces Luhan with a semi-apologetic smile before turning to backtrack in the direction he had just came, Kyungsoo closely at his side, so that their shoulders almost brush.



Luhan wants to be angry, but he has nobody to blame but himself (he would never think to suspect Chen or his motives. Most certainly not.)



--



“Yah, guys, check this out! The Kyunghun tag is on fire. There’s so much stuff! I don’t even remember half of this stuff even happening. Psh, I didn’t even realize you guys were an actual ship until now.” Chanyeol is, chattering incessantly to himself as per usual, but it is loud enough for the other boys to hear him too. Luhan lets out what seems to resemble a hiss, while Jongin sits on the couch pouting, unhappy but unwilling to do anything that will piss off Kyungsoo even more. Baekhyun finally takes to smacking his boyfriend upside the head for his obliviousness, and Sehun and Kyungsoo look oddly satisfied with themselves as they sit on a different couch together.



Chen pouts, though glad that his plan is still going smooth as ever, is starting to feel a bit neglected, as nobody ever seems to notice him. Ever.



--



“Psst. Luhan.”



Luhan looks around to try and locate the source of the low, raspy voice, but he turns his attention back to his phone when he doesn’t see anyone.



“PSST. LUHAN.” The voice is a bit louder now, and Luhan looks around once more, again, seeing nothing.



“YAH LUHAN.”



Luhan cringes and finally sees Chen leaning (rather shadily) against a wall on the far side of the dance practice room.



Luhan points to stupidly to himself, as if to confirm if it was really him that Chen wanted to talk to, even though they were the only two in the room anyways. Chen rolls his eyes (he forgot how much of an airhead the Chinese boy was sometimes) and gestures impatiently for Luhan to join him in his corner of shadiness. Luhan begins to slowly shuffle his way over to Chen, a bit hesitant as he recalls the last time he had been called to said corner.



“Yes?” Luhan feels compelled, for some reason, to whisper.



“So, I noticed you haven’t been sneezing as much anymore.” Chen has a sly grin stretched across his feline like features.



“Mostly, yea.” Luhan nods in agreement.



“But not entirely?”



“Unfortunately.”



“What if I told you that I know how to fix your little problem. Forever.” Chen’s sly grin turns even wider as he sees Luhan’s eyes practically sparkle at the words.



“Really!? How!?” Luhan is practically bouncing as he grabs Chen’s arm in excitement.



“It’s actually really simple, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it earlier!” Chen (evil music is playing in his head as he plays with the putty he likes to call Luhan, in his hands) leans over to whisper into Luhan’s ear,



“You see all you have to do is...”



--



“PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.” Luhan pleads, moving closer to Kai, who is currently backed up defensively against the cold metal of the fridge.


“Are you out of your pretty little MIND?” Kai jabs the broom he had managed to snag from the pantry at Luhan, attempting to force the older as far away as humanly possible.


Luhan pauses for a moment, “You think I’m pretty?”


“NOT THE POINT.” Jongin continues his retreat.


“PLEASE, I NEED TO DO THIS.”


“I will NOT kiss you, no matter how much you pay me or beg me or blackmail me!” Jongin hisses, broom still poised and ready to strike should he feel the need to. The others were only out to get the ingredients for dinner that night, and would be back at any given second.


“Do it for me, for SEHUN.” Luhan flings himself at Jongin’s feet, a mess of pink hair and sprawled limbs.


“I-I- what? What are you even talking about?” Jongin struggles to remove the grip Luhan has on his legs.


“Don’t ask, just, DOOOOOOO.” Luhan, in a moment of courage, is suddenly off the floor and at eye level with Jongin and his precious, unprotected lips. He’s just about to go in for the kill when he realizes they have an audience: an especially pissed looking Kyungsoo and an estranged looking Sehun. The past two weeks has him cold and distant, and Luhan wants nothing more than for things to go back to the way they were before he was ‘sick’. Luhan is too shocked to make an actual move or say anything, and Kyungsoo wordlessly leaves the kitchen for the safety of the living room.


Taking advantage of the fact that Luhan has been stunned into surprise, Jongin roughly shoves Luhan off of him so he can follow after his distraught boyfriend who had, as per usual, ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time.


Now it’s just Sehun, Luhan, and a silence so thick they could practically cut the tension with a knife. Luhan sighs, weary and tired, but before he has a chance to even think about saying anything, Sehun just shakes his head back and forth slightly before leaving to join the others in the other room, leaving Luhan on the cold kitchen floor to wallow in his own grief.


--


“Alright fellas, Chanyeol is finally in the house. Let’s get this movie started!” Chanyeol’s brassy voice suddenly disrupts the cheery jingle for magic chocolate that supposedly makes you younger that was currently airing on their T.V.  The members all grumble, because finally, they were all here and they could start watching Iron Man after almost an hour of waiting for Chanyeol to go and grab snacks from the local convenience store. Chanyeol drops their snacks on the coffee table before he plops himself on the vacant seat next to Baekhyun, and he is promptly met with a set of outstretched arms and a shy, welcoming smile. The rest of the members scramble to claim what is rightfully theirs, and then settle back into their previous positions, either cuddled up with another, or in the case of Luhan and Jongin, awkwardly next to the last person in the world you’d rather be next to at the moment. Luhan still needs the kiss from Jongin, but it could wait; at least until he finds a way to do it without Sehun misunderstanding (actually, Jongin is huddled up in the corner of the couch, making it almost impossible for any kissing to occur, but still).


They pop the dvd in, the movie starts, and soon bright flashes of light fill the room as Tony Stark goes about being the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that he is.


Things are almost too peaceful and quiet, save for the movie. (Luhan, on the other hand, is a little more focused on his boyfriend and bandmate who are currently curled up on their sides under a blanket on the floor, instead of the movie.)


Of course, it wouldn’t be interesting for things to stay this way for too long.


It’s as Sehun, who, after politely being asked by Tao to pass the remote, is leaning over Kyungsoo to search for the plastic bundle when he loses balance on his right side, causing him to fall haphazardly onto Kyungsoo, unintentionally pinning the elder to ground, that the pieces fall into place, right where Chen had wanted them to.


Kyungsoo is obviously caught off guard, as is Sehun, yet neither makes an effort to move off the other. The two are very much aware that everyone in the dorm has their eyes on them, Kai and Luhan included.


(Chen sees Luhan shift toward them, and he tenses, waiting in excitement for the grand finale he expects for his beautifully put together masterpiece. Yes he could see it now: Luhan, in the heat of the moment would lunge at Jongin, kissing his lips and then the fun would really begin).


However, much to Chen’s chagrin, his finale screeches to a halt as an unexpected plot twist sends all his plans askew: a moment of awkward silence and utter stillness ensues, and suddenly Luhan is flinging himself at his two younger bandmates who are still laying on top of one another, unmoving.


“NOOOO! Youcan’tkisshim!” A garble of words leaves Luhan’s mouth as he barrels himself headfirst at the maknae. Luhan isn’t even sure if that is what Sehun was going to do, but he wasn’t taking any chances.


Luhan hits the other with such force that it knocks the wind of both of them, all the while tugging harshly on Sehun’s shirt to connect their lips into a sloppy kiss. Sehun stiffens at first, not quite sure what’s happening, but soon enough, he’s pressing back, caution soon replaced with eagerness.  Kyungsoo, who somehow managed to end up underneath the two, groans as they both weigh down on him. He attempts to wriggle out from underneath the impassioned couple, but it’s useless as they are obviously too caught up in their own little world to notice a helplessly writhing Kyungsoo. The making out (“Face eating actually,” Kris mutters) continues on for a bit longer, only coming to an end when Luhan is forced to pull away when he feels the tell tale pressure in his sinuses building up.


Achoo!


Everyone in the dorm groans, and Luhan looks absolutely crestfallen when he realizes that it hadn’t worked, that he was still sick. Even worse, it hits him that holy he is going to die now. Eyes shining with fresh tears, Luhan pulls his legs into chest, waiting for his impending death.


“What is going on here?” Sehun’s face is crossed between a look of confusion and concern, with maybe a smidgen of anger.


“I’m sorry S-sehun ah. I wish it didn’t have to end this way.” Luhan whimpers, crawling under the nearest pillow.


The rest of the dorm is starting look very uncomfortable, sans Chen.


“Sorry for what? End what way?” the pent frustration of the past month creeps into Sehun’s voice but despite this he still creeps a little closer to Luhan.


“Soooorry for being all-”  Luhan starts dramatically, but Chen cuts him off,


“Being such a terrible boyfriend! He wants to tell you he is sorry for being such a bad boy friend. Right Luhan?”


“No Chen, I can’t go on- I just-”


“Luhan, Luhan, Luhan; You're making a big mistake-”


The dorm looks interested now, even Kyungsoo, after Jongin had finally pulled him out from under them.


“Would somebody please explain to us what is happening?!” Kris is beyond irritated, never having been one to be out of the loop. His impatience was never one of his better characteristics.


“I’m all-”


“He’s not feeling very well.” (Annoyance stings in Chen’s chest. Where is the finale!? He wants his goddamn finale!)


“No you see-” Luhan frowns upon being interrupted yet again.


“Oh boy that sneeze really just-”


“Listen I’m a-” The frown deepens.


“Wow, Luhan you should really get that sneeze checked out.”


“Wait I still don’t get what’s going on-” (Baekhyun is just as curious as Kris)


“I can’t hear myself think with all you people talking-”


“Nobody is talking to you Kris!”


“Excuse me? Say that again Zitao-”


“Chanyeol!”


“Chanyeol why are you just randomly saying your name-”


“Because I can; do you have a problem with that Baek? You always seem to have the need to control everything I do-”


“Wow this is why 12 grown men can’t live together in a confined space-”


“Ha! I would hardly call any of you children grown men,” Suho laughs because he loves a good fight.


Amidst all of the chaos that has broken out in the group, Luhan still lay under the pillow, sniffling, until eventually it comes back again; the building pressure, pushing and pulling in his nose, one that finally just-


Achoo!


Not exactly the most graceful way to get their attention, but it definitely shuts the rest of the group up, Chen included.


Luhan moans, automatically wiping his nose with the back of his hand. He feels tired, his head is throbbing from all the noise, and he feels stuffed again. “Ughhh. Look everyone just shut up ok? It’s nothing serious alright. I’m just allergictosehunandhenowI’

mgoingtodieanditsallmyfault.”


It takes a minute for his bandmates to decipher his words, but when they do, they all burst into fits of unrestrained laughter, because allergic to his boyfriend?



“Hey, stop laughing! It’s true.” Luhan pouts, feeling self conscious enough with his red nose and heated cheeks; it doesn’t help that even Sehun is laughing.


“Allergic to,” Kris chokes out, “to”


“Sehun” Jongin finishes, tears gathering in his eyes from laughing so hard.


Sehun is laughing almost as hard, to the point where he needs to use Jongin’s forearm to steady himself.


“Oh silly Luhan what could he be thinking.” Chen casually chimes in, but with lips pulled together a bit tighter than usual.


Luhan’s face twitches in annoyance, despite the tears in his eyes, “Hey you’re the one who told me I was allergic to him in the first place! He told me a bunch of rules that I had to follow or else I would die! Even worse he told me that I had to kiss Jongin to cure myself,” he throws an unforgiving glare at Jongin as though it was his fault (“Hey! Don’t look at me like that. He tried to kiss ME first.” “It’s still your fault.” Kyungsoo shakes his head, even though he knows the truth.), “but it didn’t work and now I’m still allergic to Sehun and does anyone even care that i’m gunna die and everyone should just stay away from me before I infect you all.” He buries his head back under his pillows as soon as he’s done talking.


“Would you look at that? I never thought I’d see the day where someone was actually dumb enough to listen to Chen.” Kris, once he has calmed down enough to speak, sighs in amusement, before exiting to his bedroom to turn in for the night. Kris doubts that they will manage to get around to finishing Iron Man. Zitao trails after him like a lost puppy; he had laughed along with the others but the truth of it all was he probably had no idea what was even going on.


“Yea Sehun what have you been teaching your boyfriend.” Chanyeol (Baekhyun laughs at the irony) adds as he pads away to the bathroom to wash up, having had his share of fun for the night.


“I’m SORRY.” Luhan whimpers from beneath the cushions. He’s not really sure why he’s apologizing.


Sehun finally manages to collect himself, and he pulls the older boy into his arms, wrapping Luhan into a tight hug as he settles his face into the crook of the other’s neck. He doesn’t say anything, choosing instead to just hug him tighter.


“NoOoO. Sehun stop I’m going to die if you keep touching me I don’t want to die Sehun ah and then I’ll infect you and you’ll die-” Luhan starts squirming around in his arms.


Sehun pulls back to give him a stop-being-an-idiot look just as he leans forward to press a chaste kiss to Luhan’s lip for good measure, just to make sure he won’t try to keep talking.


“Hyung I don’t care if you're allergic to me or if I’m allergic to you; I would kiss all day everyday until the day I die and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect way to die~” Sehun mumbles against his lips, loud enough for the remaining members who were still in the room to groan in second hand embarrassment and hastily retreat to their respective rooms.


Luhan colors a darker shade of pink than before, and mutters for Sehun to stop being so embarrassing. Sehun just laughs at his boyfriend’s sudden bashfulness and pulls him back into his arms once more.


Achoo!


“See Sehun I really am allergic to you! I only sneeze when I’m near you.” Luhan wails again, on the brink of tears for what seems like the nth time that day.


Even Sehun can’t deny it; his eyes brows creasing to show that he is in fact, troubled.


With his mood ruined, Luhan decides to go back to pouting, curling up on the floor and resting his head in Sehun’s lap. Sehun unconsciously starts carding his hands through Luhan’s hair, just like he always does.


And that’s when he sees it.


A chocolate brown hair, not much longer than his own, that spirals into waves. It’s wouldn’t be hard to mistake it as a human hair, but it’s thick enough so that upon careful inspection, it could obviously be identified as being an animal hair.


“Sehun. What is this.” he leans over, plucking the hair in between pinched fingers and holds it up for the maknae to see.


“A hair. Why?” Sehun absentmindedly comments, continuing to play with the strands of pink in his hands..


“A...dog...hair. Sehun I’m allergic to dogs!” Luhan springs up, realization hitting him.


“Oh. Yeah?” Sehun his lips, something, Luhan knows, that he only does when he’s nervous.


“Yes. You remember that terrible allergy I have!? The one that causes my sinuses to stuff up, and I get a really bad sneeze!” He excitedly explains, pulling his hair out from under Sehun’s grasp so he can look him in the eyes. He is grinning widely, his pink mouth curling at the corners as it all starts to make sense.


The grin drops a little when suspicion creeps up into his eyes and around the edges of his mouth.


His head inclines to the side slightly as he questions cautiously, “But...Sehun, why is there dog hair on your clothes?”


(Sehun’s tongue darts out to wet his lips once again.)


“Ohhhhhhh. Uh well you see. I’m not really supposed to talk about that.”


Luhan give him a hard stare, for him to continue, if he knows what’s best for him.


Sehun smiles nervously and pulls him in a little closer till his lips are barely grazing Luhan’s ear, “Jongin has kind of been secretly keeping Monggu in the dorm for the past month or so. Personal reasons.”


Luhan thinks it’s probably because the dancer has an unhealthy attachment to his animals, but he’s pretty sure Sehun already knows that.


For the first time in almost three months, it’s finally Luhan’s turn to look unamused. “And you just conveniently forgot to mention that to me?”


“Sorry! I didn’t think about it alright? Jongin has been borrowing some of my clothes I guess the hairs from there got stuck to my clothes.”


“That’s funny because I know you’re too lazy to wash your own clothes too. I bet you didn’t even bother to wash them after Jongin wore them huh. That’s digusting. Ugh, at least Jongin has Kyungsoo to clean up after him. No wonder I blew up every time I went near you.” Luhan rolls his eyes as if Sehun was the one who was stupid enough to spend the last three months convinced that he was allergic to his significant other.


“Right whatever. Just don’t mention this to you-know-who.”


“Suho would have a cow,” Luhan agrees. They both know the strict no pet rule Suho has on the dorm because ‘I already have to deal with Chanyeol’s shedding and that’s the closest thing I want to any animal around here, are we clear?’  For a midget Suho can be rather terrifying when he is pissed.


They sit in comfortable silence for a few moments, but Sehun’s abrupt laughter ruins it.


“What?” Luhan narrows his eyes.


“I just can’t believe you actually believed Chen of all people-”


Luhan punches him, cutting him off.  “Leave me aloneee. This has been a very traumatic experience. Make me feel better.”


Sehun smirks, pressing himself against the vocalist’s back and playfully nips at the sensitive spot on his neck.


“No problemo.”


--


For all it’s worth, Chen thinks the whole Luhan Sehun ordeal had been fairly amusing, despite its rather lackluster ending.



Fortunately Chen knows when it’s time to move on, to let go; forgive and forget.



And judging by the unexpected shriek Baekhyun lets out from the bathroom, Chen has done just that.



“OK, WHO’S THE FUNNY GUY WHO REPLACED ALL MY EYELINER WITH SHARPIES?”





--

-so uh i started this a while back like in decemeber and oops i finally finished it but i'm still not sure what i was thinking when i came up with the idea
-Look my first not kaisoo kind of
-sorry 
princessseungri for making chen such an ok not that sorry but i am sorry for making luhan such an airhead i love you lulu ok
-for those you who were wondering what the title means,
steternation is "a respiratory reflex" aka the medical term for the process of sneezing