Sick

Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today, I went to work. I had so much to do as I have been absent for two days. It was raining hard outside, but I worked until everyone has left.

“Excuse me, Jong?”

“Yes, Luna?”

“Are you still going to work?”

“Yes, I have to finish this.”

“But Jong, it’s raining hard. This rain might get harder…”

“It’s alright, Luna. I can take care of myself.”

“You sure?”

“Yup. You should go home now.”

“Alright. Goodbye…”

“Take care.”

“You, too.”

 

After I finished my work, I packed up my stuff and headed to the parking lot. I went in my car and drove home. Luna was right. I should’ve gone home a while ago. Why? Because the streets were flooded. I couldn’t go back to the office nor go home. I decided to park  my car somewhere and walk home. The umbrella was not enough to cover me as the rain was too hard. When I arrived home, I was soaking wet.

“HELLO?! SOMEONE PLEASE OPEN THE GATES!” I shouted as I rang the doorbell. It was one in the morning, and everyone was probably asleep.

“SOMEONE PLEASE!!”

I saw a figure go out of the house. It was a woman. She approached the gate and opened it. It was Yuri.

“Sir! Y-you’re so wet! Come on. Let’s go in!”

She put my arm on her shoulder and tried to carry me in. She helped me go up the stairs and she laid me on the bed.

“Sir, what happened to you? Why are you home this late?”

“None of your business.”

 “Sir, you have to go take a shower or you’ll get sick.”

“Leave me alone.”

“But, sir… You’ll get sick…”

“Why are you so persistent?! Why do you care?”

“Because you’re going to be my brother-in-law, and I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Who said I was going to marry your sister?!”

“I dunno… She said you will…”

“Yeah, right. Like I will…”

“Whatever. Just get dressed. I don’t want you to get sick.” Yuri, do you… care for me?

“Help me.”

“W-what?”

“If you don’t want me to get sick, then help me change.”

“O-okay…”

She helped me get up from my bed and took me to the bathroom. She took off my coat and started to my shirt.

“There. I think you should do the others yourself.”

“Why?”

“Because… I…am not supposed to do that.”

“Why?”

“It’s…for your wife to do.”

“Come on, Yuri.”

“No.”

“Fine. Prepare my clothes and wait outside.”

“Yes, sir.”

 

After I finished my bath, I went out with a towel wrapped around my waist. Yuri had fallen asleep on my bed with my clothes beside her. I got dressed and tucked her to bed.

“Pabo-yah… Why’d you fall asleep here?” I whispered and smiled. I looked at her sleeping and I was stunned by her beauty. Yuri… You’r

Please log in to read the full chapter