Chapter 66 – Unofficial 6 Years

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

{Instagram, 5P_EM: I took this picture six years ago, when 5 Pieces first set foot in Seoul. So young and clueless we look}

{Instagram, 5P_HANNAH: Just saw this picture of us almost six years ago, when we cried so much on stage winning the audition. Already at that time, Puzzle gave us so much.}

{Instagram, 5P_HANNAH: Six years in Korea, let’s celebrate it with the teaser for our album, don’t you think? For this round we are turning to the ladies; we got the power – GIRLS POWER link}

On Friday the 11th of April, SM Entertainment uploaded a teaser for [Girls Power]. The same day it is the unofficial anniversary for 5 Pieces, six years since their very first appearance on TV for the SM audition in 2008. It is a day of celebration and SM Entertainment has planned it well to surprise fans with the gift of this teaser to welcome the up-coming album of 5 Pieces. 45 seconds of a tease.

The [Girls Power] teaser begins with Carolina sitting in front of a mirror, putting on a hat with her amazing make-up and leather outfit and dyed red hair and she begins to half-sing and half-say, filled with charisma; *In this not so friendly world, that is waiting outside. So baby, me and my girls, are giving you a chance. SHOW A LITTLE SKIN, to put you in a DAZE. IT’S OUR TIME! IT’S OUR STYLE. IT’S YOUR NEED… IT’S GIRLS POWER…* Glimpses are showing the dark stage, the other y and feminine members, how they are sitting on the chairs, all through her part. For ‘it’s our time’ there is a trumpet making a sound and the ladies give swift movements along to it. ‘GIRLS POWER’ slowly dies out in her tone, and the teaser begins to play the chorus right away; loud and excited, powerful and y, clips of 5 Pieces singing and performing and just looking deadly gorgeous for the rest of the teaser while the chorus sings *It’s my passion, your emotion. GIRLS GOT THE POWER (GIRLS’ POWER). We can move you, give it to you. If you do what I do (GIRLS’ POWER). All girls get up if you know it – Boys come on try if you want it. WHO CAN FEEL IT? CAN YOU BE IT? We are, 5 Pieces* and abruptly it stops with their name being said the same time the video teaser reads ‘GIRLS POWER’.

“Mohahahahahahahahaha!” Maria evilly laughs loudly in the practice-room, and as soon as she hears her own laugh she falls down on her back on the floor with a real laugh, everyone else just laughing at her sudden outburst.

“What happened?” Hannah asks those around the leader rolling and laughing on the floor.

They just shrug their shoulders and Hannah smiles over at Julia before walking over to take some rest. Today too they are practicing for their comeback; 18 days left for the album release, 16 days left for their album showcase. They are practicing for the comeback, with the showcase in focus, and the excitement is at the top today since the music video teaser for their introduction song [Girls Power] is out. It is black in leather, y and mysterious, and so not the typical 5 Pieces’ concept. Everyone seems to notice Carolina’s red hair in the teaser video (of course, she is shown half the video, y in hat) but the other ladies aren’t shown all that long to be noticed. Hannah will upload a picture of herself from the music video filming tomorrow to show off the pastel blue hair, and the full video will be out on Sunday; in two days.

“Ignore her,” male dancer Shiwon waves a hand to everyone laughing at Maria laughing, “should we take it from the beginning again?”

Hannah is fast up on her feet after sitting down for barely a minute, and Julia hurries to take her hand to get up in Hannah’s movement; Hannah pulls her up. No one needs a manager or teacher telling them when to practice; 5 Pieces and their crew all want to practice as much as possible during the hours in the room, and just today they are excited to pull the hours off to go celebrate 5 Pieces’ unofficial anniversary – or in fact the up-coming GIRLS POWER concept.

Maria hugs on to one of the male dancers, still laughing and shaking her head because of something fun in her head that she is not sharing with anyone else. With the dancers taking their positions, Maria sighs with a smile and walks over to her position, clapping her hands like the leader to begin the music, regaining her conscious to reality.

The more they practice the more comfortable they get. The easier it is to see them selves pull this off. Even now there are doubts, questions secretly running through their minds, but the excitement succeeds the doubts at all costs as the comeback is nearing. Ditching the whole leather outfits for [Girls Power], the lyrics to most of the songs for the album are empowering and great and have a deep meaning, which is important for 5 Pieces as a team and role models.

Before they know it, 5 Pieces have a drink in hand and are screaming out to music with the close females of their crew in the sweet Friday night of celebration; dancers and band members, all females. Nineteen women, including 5 Pieces, not all of them are there because some couldn’t make it, but everyone is having a blast.

“CHEERS!” Maria’s voice roars with the drink held up in the air, waving her other hand to get everyone’s attention. “Cheers, to the power of us; women taking a stand as dancers, singers, performers. We are all awesome in what we do and soon enough we will be able to show a lot of people that this is the time of Girls Power. I love practicing and drinking with all of you, so let’s have a blast this year!”

“And I got a new cheer for us!” Carolina is jumping. She has just taken a sip of her drink when saying she can already feel the alcohol provoking her brain. “We shout WHO ARE WE and instead of 5 Pieces, we will say GIRLS POWER!”

Because it is a time of cheering, everyone cheers at the suggestion.

“So who are we?!” Maria laughs.

“Girls Power!” everyone in there shouts out together.

“WHO ARE WE?!” Maria roars with laughter and everyone screams at the top of their lungs;

GIRLS POWER!

“Bottoms up,” Emelia chuckles.

Some of the dancers have an apartment together, so they are there now, the kitchen/living-room is pretty big and they have a long table filled with food and drinks. Everyone is cheering when drinking from their cups, some doing what Emelia said while others don’t. Hannah just takes a sip of her drink, laughing with the others and she starts to sing when they turn the music up again, all of them singing along to some American pop song that always is heard on the radio and with a bunch of girls having fun, they dances as if there is no care in the world other than having fun. Girls just want to have fun.

But spending every day dancing to prepare for the comeback, everyone ends up getting in groups talking, playing drinking games and those kinds of things instead. With the lack of chairs a lot of them sits down on the floor too, some go to the bedrooms to sit comfortably, the chattering of girls filling the entire apartment.

“And the best part,” dancer Dae Kyon tells Hannah when they are standing next to each other by a wall and have been sharing some drinking stories, “is that the apartment below us is having a party too. So everyone in the building is aware of … party-people.”

“Maybe they will want to join our party,” Hannah tells her, not liking the idea much but giggling when Dae Kyon moves along to the music, obviously liking that idea.

“Imagine their faces if they come in here and boom; 5 Pieces is in front of them,” Dae Yyon laughs with her head back at the thought. She is three years older than Hannah, but like for all of them the age is merely a number for respect, and here they are all friends with passion and joy. Friends at work and friends outside work

Hannah laughs at the imagination, taking another sip of her drink. “I would go hide in the bathroom if they came knocking on the door.”

And that makes them laugh so much, trying to tell each other between the laughing of how everyone would hide the five ladies before opening the door where their neighbours will ask if the party is fun and if they can join, having celebrities laughing in another part of the apartment. Hannah hasn’t been drinking much, which means it is the company that makes her all giggly and fun.

She finishes what’s in her cup and goes to the kitchen to get some more, starting to talk with others who are residing in that part of the apartment and even after getting a refill she stays there talking.

It is one of rare parties where Hannah can just turn to anyone there and join a conversation, more than gladly doing it too. They have been there for two hours; drinking, doing endless of cheering, some dancing and a lot of talking. Everyone is having fun, walking around talking and being just girls and it is hilarious to have a party like this. Hannah just smiles widely when someone wraps a pair of arms around her from behind.

“You so wish it was Jonghyun now, don’t you?” Emelia chuckles in Hannah’s ear, hugging her from behind when laughing with a few of the others who heard it. She is a little intoxicated by now, that rapper.

“By the way…”

“No,” Hannah is fast to say when one of the dancers is about to bring up the boyfriend-subject. “Girls power night, remember?”

“Ooooh, so she does remember,” Emelia jokes, only to laugh when Hannah lightly hits her on the side. “We should have a toast about clingy boyfriends being across the globe giving us all her time-”

“Let’s just cheer,” one of the band members gives out a laugh and raises her glass. Hannah is fast to follow, the others standing there too.

“Cheers!” Hannah says when they hit their cups together.

“Bottoms up,” Emelia jokes. Emelia doesn’t drink up, and neither does Hannah; but two of the dancers with them does and they are laughing at only the two of them doing it.

“You cheaters,” Eun Dae chuckles and raises her glass again. “Fill it up, girls!”

“Oh yeah,” Emelia gladly steps aside to fill all of their glasses.

Another half hour passes with them going through different playlists to compare each other’s taste in music; there is some more dancing and definitely more drinking. The thing about not mentioning boyfriends is gone with the amount of alcohol they drink, and it isn’t just Hannah but a lot of the others who have a boyfriend, an ex-boyfriend or boyfriend dreams – the talk about boys is a very nice topic at the party.

“He sent flowers to your house?” Hannah gapes at Moon Joonah (she plays the saxophone in the band).

Joonah nods. “It was actually cute and romantic with a note on it. Besides from that my parents got it,” she says and rolls her eyes.

“Oooh…”

Hannah holds up her hand when seeing Maria with her cell phone in hand come towards them and Maria points at her right away. “You and me, now.”

“y!” a dancer calls out next to Hannah with a laugh.

Hannah laughs too, putting her arms around Maria and Maria hugs on to Hannah’s neck with one arm, her hair covering half of her face but her smile is widely seen in the camera when their faces are closely together for a smiling picture. Maria looks at the picture, leaning away and looking satisfied right away when starting to put it up on Instagram. She adds it with another picture, cutting it half-half for the new one at the top and the older one from maybe two years ago at the bottom; the bottom picture is of them standing together, focus on their faces where they are smiling with Maria’s darker hair styled and Hannah’s teeth looking very white in the bright background. Maria makes it black and white to upload, muttering to Hannah that she takes a picture with each lady now, adding a picture like this with one from tonight and one from the past and writing ‘with the ladies enjoying our sixth year in Korea, enjoying Girls Power, and enjoying the life with friends’ on Instagram.

“Maria is insane when it comes to that thing,” Eun Dae mentions, seeing Instagram being updated again.

“Then you should see Emelia,” Maria says and scrolls down a little before showing a picture they had taken during the first hour at the party; of all, all, all the girls at the party trying to fit together for a camera.

{Instagram, 5P_EM: We girls need to stick together – this is Girls Power}

“You are both Insta-nerds,” the dancer laughs and borrows the phone to see what pictures they have uploaded so far. “But I do enjoy this period of Girls Power we will have.”

“That’s right, this is our period,” Maria smiles charmingly.

Because they are furthest in the apartment, none of them can hear the knocking on the front door, not knowing what is going on until familiar guys comes to join them. Julia was joking it would be the neighbours and for that was standing ready in the hall to shock some drunken teenagers wanting to join the party, only to be disappointed when she knows who it is knocking on the door.

“How did you get in?!” Maria bursts out, pushing Hannah on the back when laughing as the male dancers are storming inside the apartment, cheering and asking where the booze is.

“Through the door,” Shiwon rolls his eyes at her before sitting down to join them. “Oh, are we taking selfies?”

Hannah just smiles at the guys when hearing their stories of how they have been calling and texting and searching to find where the girls are having their “girls power party”, and eventually found them and are now here to crash in. The good part is that they just join the party; they are of the same crew, of course they can join it.

And the drinking gets wilder. Hannah laughs until she cries at all the jokes the guys says, all the games they do. They try to put everyone in the living-room to play a game all together, failing big time because most of them are just chatting and then they end up standing up to dance when turning on some good music. It’s not really dancing; it’s more like jumping and randomly moving your body. Even with the dancers, no one seems to follow the beat of the music, just getting eye-contact with those next to you and imitate each other, which makes it hilarious and several falls on their laughing.

Eventually, Hannah lies down on a mattress with one of the female dancers, just lying there with cell phone in hand and playing Candy Crush while waiting to go home. Partying has been fun, but their energy is slowly fading and a lot of people have decided to just lie down, sit down, gone from alcohol to water… Two of them are even sleeping in a bed that is not theirs.

“Maria and Rian are the only two dancing,” Min Na comes over to them with a giggle, lying down between Hannah and Na Yeon on her stomach to be able to look at them both. “Have you ever seen two people so mismatched before?”

The three of them giggle when Min Na explains how male dancer Rian is looking fabulous in his way and Maria looking awesome like always – one who lives on dancing, a great dancer, while the other one looks like no part of her body knows what it is doing. Yet, Maria looks awesome dancing. With the guys joining the party, it is not much of a difference actually. Hannah heard that Carolina was kissing one of the girls from their band earlier (they had played a game where the two of them had to kiss), and two dancers have hooked up in the bathroom too, just making out crazily. When Julia told Hannah about what Carolina was doing, Julia said it just to ask if Hannah doesn’t miss her boyfriend there. Don’t think Hannah is teased all night because she has a boyfriend; Maria is teased a lot, being asked if she is not inviting her We Got Married “ex-husband”, and Maria is so bright that she just put her arms around someone else and said she has found a new husband, joking around.

But their night is great. A way to get even closer to each other, welcoming 5 Pieces’ sixth year in Korea and cheering on their 4th album teaser that came out with [Girls Power] today. They admit during the night that they are terrified for the comeback this round; of how people will react, but like always the company makes them loosen up. It is a great night of celebration, but in the morning they will all feel bad with a hangover while being in the practice-room.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

--5 Pieces Blow Minds In New Music Video--
– [Girls Power] is captivating with Korean lyrics like ‘it’s my passion, your emotion’. 5 Pieces are singing about girls having the power, they can move you and give it to you, and it is that kind of song about the power women have in the world with their feminine figures and charm - - The girls that last year put us in a daze with their charismatic performance are now back in the year’s most anticipated comeback with the most empowering female song of all times, yet 5 Pieces says “this is only the beginning” after the y music video for [Girls Power] came out –

-For all of the world’s viewers of YouTube, the international girl-group 5 Pieces are preparing to release their fourth album in South Korea and the first tease for the comeback is nothing else but a hot and powerful, y music video for the song [Girls Power]. The views are rising like insane by each second and the video came out just yesterday, and there is no question to why everyone wants to catch the sight of what we will probably hear all year long as a hit song: [Girls Power] is completely different from 5 Pieces’ previous tracks that the world is known by such a [Daze] and [Face Me], and it is not because it is a Korean song but that 5 Pieces have undressed into tight leather outfits, they dance on chairs, they look y as performers from the smoky dark stage deep underground with edgy make-up, curly colourful hairs, incredible bodies and most of all they are singing about girls power while flaunting their iness that just gives us all the right to know that a woman’s charm can never be fooled without consequences, especially if 5 Pieces are these women. Last year they looked like teenage girls singing about their disappointment in the world through the song [Daze], and with [Girls Power] they have become mature women doing the y concept just perfect, no going racy or being in underwear, nor dancing against a man’s crotch like we always see here in the US (in fact, there is just y girls throughout the video), but instead they are mature and y and classy and dreamy. People are commenting that it is an for your ears and breathtaking view for the eye, leaving 5 Pieces’ Korean comeback as a world comeback with all this attention after this tease video. Make sure you watch it; you can not be disappointed –

“I don’t even understand half of what they have written,” Hannah whispers to her ladies when they on Monday is at a commercial shoot, at the moment reading an article that came out, a journalist from New York writing about 5 Pieces’ latest video.

“It’s all positive,” Julia answers, the one holding the tablet they read from. “I can’t believe it though… This is … unreal, right?”

“Definitely unreal,” Hannah honestly nods her head and gets up on her feet from the chair she has been sitting on, being on the set and waiting for their turn. She just came over to read what Julia told her to do, and now she needs to go change her outfit. Their music video is out, and the whole world seems to be watching them which is creepy and unreal and just terrifying. All these languages talking about them online, journalists’ worldwide writing about [Girls Power] and Maria’s family have already commented that Sweden is talking about it on the radio, playing the song too! It’s weird because 5 Pieces are in South Korea, as far away from Sweden they can come, and they are doing their usual job being 5 Pieces.

The ladies are doing a commercial and photo shoot for their own shoe-line for a women’s shoe brand, the shoe-line called ‘Dazy’: dazzling pumps and classy sneakers – that’s what the concept says.

Hannah gives out a loud sigh when she comes back after changing her clothes. A pink chiffon blouse with the long sleeves rolled up just a little to reveal the silver watch on her wrist, cotton blend skinny jeans in dark blue matching the shape of her legs and today’s highlight are on her feet for now she is wearing a pair of beige peep-toe high-heel booties with 11cm high heels, personally her favourite pair and she will also be given them after today’s shoot, to walk around and promote them whenever she want.

The concept of the commercial is classic and feminine, extremely all-day dressed in jeans and blouse, no specific accessories – clean. Hannah has a watch, Maria has a long necklace, and Emelia has a bracelet – very simple. They all look pretty and mature and it is lovely. The commercial has three different sets and they are now doing the second one; gray-brown floor and walls and for Hannah’s shoot it is a dark brown three-leg barstool standing there by the corner where Hannah gets to sit down and show off her pretty shoes; Emelia standing next to her, a hand on Hannah’s shoulder and showing off her long legs by standing up in lighter jeans than Hannah and a white blouse. With Emelia’s honey brown hair, long and wavy, Hannah has hers straight in a light purple colour – colour spray – for today’s shooting. They look indeed pretty posing for the cameras; they take turns, one camera taking pictures and the other filming for the commercial, all mixed at once. Hannah smiles a little wider when Emelia lets her hand glide around from the shoulder to the back of Hannah’s neck to stand a little closer.

“Don’t we look like two really calm friends?” Emelia jokes with the staff, “We are actually the calmest two members together.”

“Oh, sure you are!” Julia calls from a distance and Hannah starts laughing at the sarcasm, at first just putting up her shoulder thinking she will just give a light laugh but with Emelia scoffing at Julia’s answer Hannah turns away from the cameras to hide her laugh. 5 Pieces are known to be super close, to not have a filter when it comes to that either as they without much care can laugh, sing, dance, fight and whatnot even when the staff is around. Most of them time it is entertaining, but even staff knows that 5 Pieces are far from calm when they are together. They keep filming though they are joking around at the moment, taking endless of pictures too of Hannah and Emelia in their poses and laughing, continuing so when Hannah relaxes again she can’t hide the smile completely when trying to ignore Julia far behind the staff sitting by herself. Just as Hannah manages to control her face for the cameras, stylists’ steps forward to give a touch on hair and make-up. Hannah quietly sits there while a female stylist fixes her look a little quick, fast hand movements with a brush and fingers touching locks of her hair, before the stylists’ steps away. And then they continue posing for the photo shoot/commercial.

Afterwards they change clothes and shoes and the set to start off with the next one that now looks like a living-room with a sofa being in the focus, some pictures hanging on the white wall in the background from their album shoot in France (it looks really pretty, a little fun with the glamorous ladies in the pictures and the casually dressed sitting in the sofa). They are playing music on the set in a low volume through the whole shooting; 5 Pieces’ songs from the new album, from their pre-single, some American songs too. But it sets the mood and 5 Pieces sits down together next to each other in the sofa, comfortable with their feet as the focus – legs stretched out, or like Emelia she has her legs over Hannah’s to lean a little on the side with her shoulder against Julia. Secretly, only for the hard-core fans to see when these pictures come out, Hannah and Carolina are holding hands – on the command of the photographer.

Their last set is a dance set; sparkling and round for them to dance [POWER UP]; a sneak peak for the staff. For the commercial it will be the main song and the dance scene is for the more glamorous shoes. Everything will turn out well, the ladies look forward to release this in a bit.

At the time the long shooting is done as they do a promotion interview in between (talking about the shoe-line, that Maria is the most obsessive over shoes, that shoes mean “happy feet, happy life” to them because they always are on their feet and need to be comfortable and so on) it is already over three in the morning on Tuesday – that means 5 Pieces get to go home, shower and go to bed.

Hannah has just come out of the shower. The colour spray is almost completely gone in her hair (she has spent a lot of time trying to wash it off) and she is in her pyjamas when heading downstairs to get something to eat before going to bed. Surprisingly, she is not that tired; or she is too tired that her body is gaining exhaustion energy, so instead of falling straight in bed like Carolina did the youngest is hungry and decides to eat instead.

“I thought you would rush into bed when we came home,” Hannah says with a smile when she enters the kitchen to see Emelia sit around the kitchen-table with chocolate ice-cream, eating right from the box.

“Yeah…” Emelia sighs, putting some ice-cream in . “But this yummy ice-cream called on me and I couldn’t let it down. It’s enough for you too.”

“You sure you want to share? The two of you seem to have a nice time,” Hannah teases and Emelia chuckles, smiling when Hannah takes a seat with a spoon in hand. Emelia moves the ice-cream box to stand more at the centre between them on the table for Hannah to take from it too, the youngest scraping up some chocolate ice-cream on her spoon from an untouched spot and when putting the ice-cream in the flavour melts deliciously.

At first them both quietly eats the ice-cream with their own spoons, eating it deliciously, but eventually Hannah smiles when noticing Emelia taking glances of her.

“What?” Hannah asks.

“Jonghyun will be back in a few hours,” Emelia answers, going straight at the subject and while eating the ice-cream she can see how Hannah’s face is glowing just by the mention of the boyfriend who has been away for some time in America. “Is he coming here straight from the airport?”

Hannah shrugs her shoulder, pretending her whole body isn’t boiling in excitement to meet him in less than twelve hours. “He said he’ll be in touch whether he goes home to take a shower or if he’ll come to pick me up first,” she answers.

“So everything’s okay between you two? It’s… no issues or problems or fights or… whatever, going on?”

This time, the shrug is more quick, the smile not as visible either. “I don’t know…” Hannah mumbles and puts her chin on her hand to pout at Emelia. “We haven’t talked much about it when he is away; it’s easier face to face.”

“I don’t really think you two are planning to talk much today,” Emelia smirks, knowing very well what Jonghyun and Hannah have planned to do today – from three in the evening to all through the night they have gotten a hotel room together, the room they had on Valentine’s Day.

Hannah blushes with a huge smile. “Is that bad?”

“No… No, absolutely not,” Emelia shakes her head when hearing the guilt in Hannah’s voice. Even if the youngest is smiling, blushing and glowing thinking about Jonghyun, Emelia knows that she is endlessly feeling guilty for what happened; all from what she said and how she treated Jonghyun to how she treated the ladies. “Do whatever you want with your boyfriend, Hannah – it’s probably better than spending time with ice-cream like the rest of us are doing. But the thing is … I have said some bad things about you two, since a long, long time ago… He likes you a lot, like obsessive a lot, but we all know he treats you well, which we like.”

“Where are you going with this…?” Hannah is frowning, suspicious to hear Emelia calmly talking while eating ice-cream.

“I’m just saying,” Emelia shrugs her shoulders, eyes on the ice-cream, “Jonghyun is good for you.”

“You mean you accept it?” Hannah sighs, “Emelia, I really don’t get you. You hate me being in a relationship, you love me being in a relationship – honestly, whether you accept it or not, I-”

“No, it’s not that,” Emelia smiles when interrupting Hannah and she shakes her head at how heated up the youngest get. “I mean that there are million of guys in the world and you happen to find a good one. It’s not about me being a to you when it has been about Jonghyun or Honggi in the past; it is about that smile you get each time Jonghyun is mentioned. I like that. That is why I got furious at what happened with you, for breaking up with him all of a sudden.”

“Yeah…”

Hannah puts away the spoon on the table, not wanting any more ice-cream and she can’t raise her head. Emelia takes another spoonful of ice-cream though.

“I’m sorry,” Hannah eventually whispers when noticing Emelia has said her things and is not about to say more.

“I know,” Emelia says with a smile, picking up more ice-cream on her spoon slowly while looking at it, taking her time. “But he’s a nice guy, Hannah. As long as he treats you well and you like him… It’s okay for me.”

“You mean ‘as long as I don’t screw up again’?” Hannah sighs, now even putting her head on the table. She is tired, blinking at Emelia now when she has lowered her head. “I got no idea of what happened, I never know what I do…”

“Well, there we have something in common – I never know for sure what you do either,” Emelia jokes but the smile wipes away from her face when she sees Hannah just look at her, Emelia sighs. “You freaked out, that’s okay. Jonghyun is ready to move on because he loves you, then you better are prepared to do the same if you love him.”

Emelia knows that she loves him; Hannah hasn’t cared for any other guy this way. If anyone can understand how weird Hannah is, it is Emelia. Behind all fights there is an understanding beyond the rest that no one can understand, something that lets Hannah know that each time she angers Emelia it is because Emelia understands Hannah’s deepest feelings and knows it does not match her actions or words. For some reason Hannah seem to forget that. She is quietly thinking for some minutes, taking some more ice-cream, letting her thoughts wander from Emelia’s understandable connection to her date with Jonghyun.

“Should I get him a present?” Hannah frowns, and once again Emelia has no idea of what is going on in that head.

“Just bring yourself,” Emelia answers and before Hannah can stupidly ask what she means she continues; “Be there with him, talk to him if you need too – don’t hold it in or freak out like you always do – I think Jonghyun would want you more than anything else, so no need for anything else.”

Hannah gives out a whine when hiding her face in her arm.

“Go to bed, Charlie,” Emelia chuckles at the whine and puts the lid on the ice-cream to stand up. “Come on.”

Hannah waits until Emelia has put away the spoons and the ice-cream and then follows her upstairs, saying goodnight before going to their own room and Hannah lies down on her bed, falling asleep within minutes.

When [Girls Power] came out the other day, the full music video, comments were flooding in like crazy. What Hannah dreams about this night is not about Jonghyun, no matter how much she longs to see him and feel him her worries about 5 Pieces’ comeback that is closing in on two weeks now seem to be bigger in her wishes. She dreams about failure and being “too much”, of being too direct and too powerful than what people can accept from a woman, like what some commented about the video. But she remembers a lot of positive response too, Puzzle from all around the world supporting 5 Pieces.

COMMENTS on 5_PIECES_[Girls Power]_Music_Video:

- “soooooo spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

- “definition of hotness: 5 Pieces”

- “Carolina has such an amazing voice… one of the best! But damn, 5 Pieces kills it this time”

- “I Love this song :D”

- “holy jesus of Christ this is a sin I will never regret watching O_O”

- “I like it so so much!”

- “MY GOD”

- “5 Pieces is returning for their throne, step aside little ones! It is time for Girls Power!”

- “I can’t stop snapping my fingers with them xD its cool”

- “omg guys I just remembered something.. they will probably perform this song LIVE, imagine how awesome that will be…”

- “GIRLS GOT THE POWER – the lyrics for this song is like flawless and perfection and it is like 5 Pieces is teasing the world in the MV and I am loving it so deeply that I can not wait to the whole comeback this is amazing I am so high on their music”

- “It’s official: 5 Pieces is the world’s best artists. This is the comeback of the decade. Girls Power, such an amazing title”

- “What happened with them? Where did all their dignity go?”

Answer on the one above - “UR kidding right? This must be the most dignified and empowering female song of years all around the world. You do get that 5 Pieces are teasing with their bodies, pretty much aware of what they are doing, right? This is a tease, a y and hot tease while they are strongly singing that girls got the power and that no one can touch them. And you ask where their dignity is? If you ask me, this song and meaning screams out 5 Pieces from a distance and the style is just … an evolution. Don’t question it, just enjoy ;)’

Answer on the one above - “Preach! Great answer!!”

- “OH this is freaking hotness overload”

- “Do you guys know that Maria sings ‘I know you want a piece of me, now get down on your knees’? Do you guys realise how powerful this song actually is with 5P singing that a female body gets all the wanting and stares but that Girls Power lets you see but not touch? This is perfection”

- “VOICES and BODIES”

- “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes omg hahahahahaha! This is how you are y and artistic! K-Pop should learn from the best”

- “Breaking the norm. 5 Pieces is never doing like others, they always go over the top. I love it”

- “like always, other girl groups trying the y concepts become sl*ts now when the queens are returning. 5 Pieces ruins K-Pop xD”

Answer on the one above - “What do you mean with that?????”

Answer - “I mean that 5 Pieces does the concept without being ty or rubbing their butts. They are y without going overboard while other girl-groups goes way overboard with Miniskirt and Marionette and all that. THIS is how music should be shown; artistic, empowering and worth to connect to”

- “If anyone dare to show disrespect to 5 Pieces, they will show you the meaning of GIRLS POWER!”

- “For me… I don’t know, I can’t seem to like the MV and outfits though it is drop dead gorgeous on them, but the song I find like the ultimate feminist song and I love it”

- “I love the song, I adore their voices, I fantasies about their bodies in those clothes, I am drooling all over at the whole video and I think I am officially lesbian for these ladies going for a mature y concept with feminism in the concept because it is everything I stand for. GO PIECES!”

- “Maybe it is too honest and perfect for Korea but [Girls Power] has already reached the Germany Hot List!”

- “’hot, power, love, hate, touch and gain GIRLS POWER to show you we’re the best’ 5 Pieces description in the song fits them perfectly here…”

- “Am I the only one seriously freaking out over their looks??????? Oh yeah they are wearing leather outfits, tight and hot and killing me slowly, but 5 Pieces is nothing without their hair and faces – omg I am in heaven! Hannah has blue hair (wtf where did that hotness come from???), Julia has gone to black (absolutely gorgeous, I tell you) and Carolina has red hair (FLAWLESS)!”

- “PUZZLE this is only the intro video for 5 Pieces album! 5 Pieces fourth album GIRLS POWER will be released on April 29, they will make their comeback on M Countdown on May 1st. Their showcase on April 26 – ARE WE READY FOR GIRLS POWER??”

- “ sells, everyone knows it. the difference is that 5 Pieces don’t go for the Y (that we see everywhere else) but they just go for a classic y, which is why they are respected. They know a difference and I am in shock over how SM seems to know it too”

- “This song is great and they sounds amazing, I can’t think of any idol that could pull this sound off. However, why must they dress like that…?”

- “OMG OMG Carolina and Hannah have such amazing bodies! Curvy and beautiful ;)”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

There is no alarm on the cell phone that wakes Hannah up today. She is woken up by the white dog Ryo standing by her bed, whining like a lonely puppy and he gets super excited when she rolls around in her bed, slowly whining up to his whining.

“Ryo…” Hannah whines back and takes down her hand on the side over the bed to touch him.

“Charlie,” Emelia says by her door. Hannah hadn’t noticed she was there. “It’s 12:10 already. Only Julia and I are up, so no need to rush.”

Hannah just moves her hand to pay Ryo, and Emelia leaves knowing she is awake. Hannah has slept for about six or seven hours, and four hours ago she had asked Emelia (who strangely was awake already) to wake her up if she sleeps for too long (therefore the wake-up call now) and like always Emelia wakes up earlier than the others. Ryo stays by Hannah’s bed, whining until she lifts him up and he right away stops to make any sound to come lie next to her in bed, as close as possible, and Hannah falls back into slumber.

Just to wake up a few minutes later to be terrified that she has slept for a whole more hour, rushing out of bed even after she has seen only a few minutes has passed (in fear she might fall into real sleep and that hour will pass).

“What should I wear?” is the first thing Hannah asks when she comes inside the living-room where Emelia and Julia are tiredly watching TV. Emelia is in pyjama-shorts and tank top, sitting with her feet up in the sofa and playing with Ace while watching TV and Julia is fully dressed as she is the one who has been out walking the dogs.

“You haven’t thought of what to wear yet?” Emelia asks her with a chuckle.

“Wear to what? Where are you going?” Julia asks and looks from Emelia to Hannah, frowning as she doesn’t understand what they are talking about.

Hannah pouts at Emelia’s answer. “We have been busy, so I haven’t gotten the chance to think of that,” Hannah answers the rapper and turns to Julia; “I’m meeting Jonghyun today.”

“Oooooh,” Julia is growing a smile in her face.

“So what should I wear?” Hannah asks again and takes a seat in the sofa between theirs.

“Have you even looked in your wardrobe for what to wear?” Julia wonders.

“No…”

“Too bed you can’t ask Maria, she always knows what to wear,” Emelia smirks over at Hannah to then be sticking out her tongue playfully at Ace.

“Why can’t I ask her?” Hannah wonders, already thinking of going upstairs to ask the leader.

“She has put up a ‘don’t disturb’-sign on her door,” Julia smiles widely, moving her hands as if describing how big the sign is. “She is probably in need of her beauty sleep.”

Hannah pouts to hear that, because Maria has barely used that sign; she isn’t the one minding people trying to wake her up as she rarely does wake up when someone tries to wake her, but if she has put up a sign it means she really does not want to be disturbed. Maybe she slept bad… Hannah shakes her head and asks them again if they know what kind of clothes she should wear; jeans, leggings or a skirt, maybe a dress? Something relaxed or something fancy? Should she dress up a lot?

The worst part with that Maria isn’t awake is that these two that Hannah sits with just shrug their shoulders and tell her to dress however she wants. Frustrated for not getting any help, Hannah leaves the living-room. Ryo keeps running after her, excited at the fast footsteps Hannah has as if she is about to do something fun, and when she starts looking through her wardrobe he lies down in the middle of her room to wait.

Twenty minutes later and the only outfit she can think of is a pair of jeans and a blouse. It’s simple, it isn’t too much and she doesn’t look like she just dragged herself out of bed. For hair and make-up … She reaches her next problem.

Hannah walks inside Emelia’s room after hearing the rapper coming upstairs.

Emelia’s bedroom is completely different from Hannah’s. Hannah has light coloured walls, a few pictures on the walls (mostly gifts from fans and one birthday gift from SNSD and 5 Pieces from a few years back); otherwise it is clean with the bookshelves filled with books and more lined up perfectly. Emelia has bright walls too, but hers has a lot more posters and pictures put up. She has posters of a Japanese rock band, of herself, of horses and cars to really show her big interests in the world, she has a punch of pictures she has taken herself of this and that and the ladies. One wall has a huge world map on it, a lot of marks set out over the places Emelia has visited in her life, a few marks much bigger than others because they are places she has visited too often – like Tokyo, Seoul and their hometown. Hannah loves that map. Even now she takes a glance at it when walking over to sit on the blue quilt on Emelia’s bed.

“I need help with make-up,” Hannah tells Emelia, turning around to see Emelia throw out all the things she had on her bag on the bed. “I don’t know how to look.”

“Do you even need make-up to go meet Jonghyun? I’m pretty sure he won’t be wearing any,” Emelia answers.

It makes Hannah smile. If they were normal girls in Sweden talking about meeting a boyfriend, the conversation would probably be different. But idols wear make-up, both girls and boys, and it is so normal here for everyone to do it that there is nothing weird with Emelia’s comment – beside from that 5 Pieces knows the differences from here and other countries, and smiles when thinking of it. If you are in Europe, there is 100% chance that the guy will not wear make-up for a date. That is not something they know they can even do.

“Foundation then?” Hannah wonders, already getting up on her feet again.

“Sure.”

“What are you going to do today?”

“Absolutely nothing,” Emelia gladly answers and sits down on the bed with a smile at Hannah, starting to look through the things she had in her bag. “I will go through some useless stuff in my room, I will watch Sons of Anarchy and I will laugh when Carolina wakes up for no reason at all other than making fun of her.”

“That sounds fun,” Hannah jokes and backs out of the room, “Just foundation then? Nothing else?”

“To be honest, if you wear make-up pretty much every day of the week, it would feel good to not wear it when you have the chance,” Emelia tells her.

“Yeah I know but I am meeting Jonghyun…”

“Who has seen you in less and thought you’re beautiful, so what’s the big deal? Just do whatever you want with your face,” Emelia says, eventually waving Hannah off.

Hannah pouts when walking back to her room, just grabbing her phone to see that Jonghyun has landed in Korea now. She can hear a door open outside in the corridor and she is rushing back out of her room to see a yawning Maria step out of the room with the door having the ‘do not disturb’-sign.

“Good morning,” Hannah is fast to smile, “Maria, what do you think of these clothes? Can I wear them when I meet Jonghyun?”

Maria looks angry when looking at Hannah, or that she is trying to focus her eyes from waking up and she mumbles something first before clearing her voice and waves her hand to repeat it; “What are you wearing under?”

“What? … Underwear…?”

“Oh duh, I mean are they y?”

“It’s blue…” Hannah answers, looking confused.

Maria just gives the thumb up and continues to walk towards the bathroom.

“So the outfit is okay?”

“Who cares what you wear? It’s not like you will be wearing clothes with him anyway,” Maria mutters before stepping inside the bathroom, barely shutting the door after her but Hannah is fast to step away anyway. All the ladies know what Hannah and Jonghyun are planning; only Maria and Emelia daring to openly talk about it.

Hannah head downstairs to ask for Julia’s opinion instead, getting help with if she should have just foundation on or something more too.

In the end it isn’t much she does. It is a very casual and natural look, but all her members says she looks good in it so when she is done she sits down restlessly in the living-room to watch Sons of Anarchy with Emelia while waiting for Jonghyun to come, holding on to her cell phone tightly. He said he will just get his car and come right away, so Hannah is even sitting there and planning out how long time it should take to get from one place to another and so on, adding a few minutes too before checking the time. He should come soon.

“Ah, I’m so tired,” Maria cries when she comes to lie down over Hannah’s legs in the sofa. “I could sleep off the whole day…”

“Why don’t you then?” Hannah asks, putting her arms on Maria’s back, holding on to her personal cell phone tightly, waiting for Jonghyun to text her and say she can come downstairs.

“Hu…” Maria breathes out loudly by the question. “My brain would boil if I sleep all day. My body would loose all muscles…”

“You’re such a drama queen,” Emelia chuckles. “And you can’t loose what you don’t have.”

“I think I’ll have to go to the bathroom another time,” Hannah mumbles and gets up as soon as Maria moves.

She walk upstairs to use the bathroom, and after a few minutes she is standing there stuck by the mirror checking every inch of her self to make sure she looks at least decent. She is really nervous, maybe even worried too that their day today might turn into a disaster if they begin to fight. Hannah has no idea of why they fight so much, it’s not that they have any reason to fight; they just bring up the same things over and over again. Maybe it is tension and stress from other things that just comes out when they are together.

Ready to leave, just waiting for Jonghyun to text, Hannah slowly drags her feet downstairs and she can hear the voices of her members down there.

Halfway down the stairs she can hear another voice too, not belonging to her members, and she shyly hurries her steps coming down to see the perfect boyfriend stand by the living-room, chatting with the ladies but he had turned around with a smile when hearing someone come down. He looks great. Blonde hair, a black sweater and pants, and that face that makes her heart flutter as if she is facing the sun for the first time.

“Hi, gorgeous,” Jonghyun says in a sweet and low voice, his arm held up automatically when she gets closer and Hannah bites her lip when walking in under his arm for a hug. He embraces her warmly.

“Hi,” she says in a low voice against his chest, smiling now when she is sure no one can see her face. He has a loving scent to him, a familiar embrace. Oh, she likes this so much.

“I told you.” Hannah can hear Emelia’s voice, teasing like always, and the youngest looks up to see inside the living-room where the ladies are smiling like idiots at them. Carolina is still sleeping in her room.

“Let’s go,” Hannah tells Jonghyun, hugging on to his arm and already stepping towards the hall to leave and the others laugh at how obvious she is that she wants to leave.

“Ya, baby, are you not even saying goodbye before leaving?” Maria calls out from the sofa, laughing as she knows Hannah wants to spend as much time as possible with Jonghyun, and she doesn’t want to be teased by her members. Jonghyun is smiling widely at Hannah holding on to his arm and taking another step towards the hall; they both says some final words to the ladies in the living-room (Hannah calls from a distance, too busy to lightly pull Jonghyun to the hall) and when finally going inside there Jonghyun happily wraps his arms around Hannah to kiss her on the cheek.

“You didn’t hear when I came?” he asks in her ear, kissing her hair before letting her go to take on their shoes.

“I didn’t… I was waiting for a text.”

Jonghyun laughs. Oh, she loves his presence. “You’re always waiting for a text,” he smiles at her. She can’t stop staring at him when their eyes meet. Her heart is light again. They get ready in the hall and keep smiling at each other.

“We’re leaving now!” Hannah calls out.

“Mm,” Maria says, peeking inside the hall as if she had been waiting, “Have fun, kids, and don’t cause any trouble like last time. I’m supposed to be the drama queen, okay?”

“Can’t promise anything, I have my own little drama queen right here,” Jonghyun jokes and takes Hannah’s hand in his again. She just grimaces at them, almost starting to push Jonghyun out the door while waving to Maria.

Leaving the apartment, Jonghyun can’t stop chuckling; sounding and looking happy while hugging Hannah’s hand with his own. She smiles back at him, unable to stand still and she keeps turning to look at the perfect boyfriend of hers, swinging their hands back and forth when they are in the elevator, pulling him out of it so he laughs. Jonghyun puts his arms around her again, mumbling things against her shoulder while Hannah just laughs, loving every breath she takes around him. Jonghyun can’t help but to touch her. He has missed her alot being abroad for his concerts.

Coming out from the building, hand in hand, and Jonghyun leads her to a dark-coloured car. “What car is that?” Hannah asks.

“What?” Jonghyun turns around to look at her. She isn’t sure if he didn’t hear her or if he just didn’t understand her Korean, but she repeats her question differently for him;

“Is it your car?”

“Ah, no, I borrowed it from someone I know,” Jonghyun answers as he opens the door for the passenger seat for her. “My car is too famous, you know?”

“Oh, hallyu star?” Hannah jokes with him and takes her seat, hearing Jonghyun laugh when closing the door for her. She puts on her seatbelt before he takes his seat behind the steering-wheel, and they smile at each other again. “Are you not tired from the flight?”

Jonghyun just smiles at the question, starting to drive off with a glance at her. “It all disappeared when I saw you.”

“Taemin sent me a picture when you were in LA,” Hannah tells him, ignoring his answer and turning a little in her seat to look at him better, smiling widely. “You fell asleep with the laptop on.”

“Ah,” Jonghyun laughs loudly, remembering it.

“It was cute,” Hannah whispers to him with a smile. Jonghyun had fallen asleep with the laptop next to him after talking with Hannah on Skype, and Taemin had been a good roommate by taking the adorable picture of Jonghyun’s face by the laptop where his background screen was of him and Hannah. Taemin had so much fun joking around about that.

“I was probably dreaming of you,” Jonghyun teases her, smiling when giving her a glance and takes up his hand to touch her cheek for a second, making Hannah giggle. “I really missed you, Nabi.”

“I missed you too,” Hannah smiles in a low voice.

Talking lightly the drive to the hotel they went to on Valentine’s Day goes fast, and soon the couple is in secretly going through pretty much the same procedure they did two months ago to reach the suite in secret but instead of being showed to a fabulous dinner the couple is left alone once they enter the suite. It is just as pretty and luxurious as Hannah remembers it, all the bright colours and details put in the suite, but no matter how much she wants to look through the whole suite (which she didn’t do last time) she can only focus on Jonghyun.

Like always, as soon as they get to be alone having the same thoughts the whole mood changes. Hannah keeps biting her lip when looking at him, not sure if she should smile or just attack him, in the end backing inside the suite slowly while watching Jonghyun throw off his shoes behind him.

“What should we do first?” Jonghyun asks, teasing her because he knows what both of them have in mind – what both of them have planned.

He smiles when Hannah giggles over the question and he stumbles over to her, taking her hand in his to kiss it softly. He loves to see how relaxed she is; as if they don’t have any bad memories from this place at all, as if she really loves to be around him. He loves that she loves him.

“Maybe we should look around?” Hannah teases him back, starting to back up towards the bigger part of the suite.

Jonghyun pulls her slowly closer, holding on to her hand and with his other hand he holds on to her face, not wanting to go inside the bigger part of the suite he stops her steps. “You look so pretty when you smile like that,” he compliments her in a dark voice, eyeing her face and making Hannah smile even wider.

“We can always look around later,” she whispers to him, taking a step forward to put her hands on his waist, looking up at Jonghyun with that smile printed in her face. He makes a noise down in his throat from standing this close that makes her laugh and she is about to lean away to not laugh him in the face but he holds on to her hands by his waist, and Hannah instead slinks her fingers around the hem of his sweater.

“No matter what, you’re still eager,” Jonghyun whispers at her when feeling her fingers, his face filled with amusement as he is the one pulling his sweat up and over his head, taking it off while Hannah had been the one hinting it.

“You’re the one undressing,” she teases him, taking the sweater in one hand when he pulls it off his arm, shirtless and y standing in front of her, but after giving her comments she wraps both arms around him to kiss her boyfriend, something she has really wanted to do for some time.

Jonghyun bites on to her lip before turning them around to guide her to the bedroom, making her laugh the way he likes and he too is smiling because her fingers keeps moving over his , touching his skin.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Monday, Headline 14th: 5 Pieces To Release Their Own Shoe-Line Called ‘Dazy’ With Dazzling Pumps & Classy Sneakers

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces To Performs At Billboard Music Awards In Las Vegas!

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces Models For European Make-Up Commercial With ‘Edgy Summer’

 

Headline 15th: Dance Version Of [Girls Power] MV Is Out + Teaser For Main Track [POWER UP]!

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Opens Up A New World For Women’s Rights In Latest Song

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

thanks for commenting min2key!!!!!!! =) X. devonalias