Slowly Unfolding

Sweet Tooth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SLOWLY UNFOLDING

**

Ken was staring at his girlfriend from the counter. Taeyeon was outside his shop talking to someone on the phone. He‘s curious. Is it that guy from before? He was suspicious of him. Taeyeon didn‘t explain who he was but Ken wasn‘t interested. Another lie! He wanted to know who the guy was but he couldn‘t make himself to ask. Guy‘s pride, I guess?

Taeyeon entered the shop and marched towards the counter. She‘s pissed off. Ken quirked an eyebrow, silently asking what‘s wrong. She shook her head in frustration.

“Uhhhh! Stupid publisher and their stupid deadlines!” She grumbled. Oh, it was her publisher? Ken internally sighed in relief. He‘s not the jealous type but he‘s glad it wasn‘t that guy. Or maybe that guy‘s her publisher? He pondered on the idea and thought of it as possible. He could be, Ken. He could be...

Ken suddenly felt a hand on his. He looked down and saw Taeyeon holding his hand. “You okay?” She asked concerned. Ken nodded. “Err, yeah. I‘m okay. Just spaced out a bit.” He squeezed her hand and smiled.

“Want some cake?” He asked. Taeyeon nodded gleefully. Ken just chuckled. He might be suspicious of the guy, but he couldn‘t bring himself to suspect on his girlfriend.

He knows her. Taeyeon wouldn‘t cheat on him, and so would he. They love each other too much.

 

***

Rumours spread fast. A neighbour saw the encounter with the guy and eventually told the whole town about it. Ken could feel eyes on him every time he’s in town, even in his own shop. He thought of it as silly and childish. Taeyeon has a right for visitors too you know! He tried to calm his anger. Everyone’s been thinking badly of his girlfriend and he’s seriously getting pissed off.

Ken was mopping the floor when the bell on his door rang. “Hello! Welcome to Cakes by Ken!” he bowed to the customer. When he looked up, he frowned but quickly covered it up. It's that guy! Ken was trying to keep his cool.

“Oh, it’s you.” The guy said to Ken. He seemed to have remembered him.  The guy walked to counter, head scanning the shop. “It’s a nice shop,” he complimented. Ken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter