Chapter 9

Picture Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'll get you a drink. You take a seat first. Lemonade for you, Sunshine?" Yongguk asked when they were down for dinner.

 "Thank you." Suzy said, smiled at him.

 "Suzy!" Sunye, Hesok’s wife, waved her hand. Suzy smiled and she walked to her table and took a seat beside her.

 “Suzy, I can’t believe you kept this man of your underwraps for the past two years.  I don’t mean to sound censorious, I admire a man who knows how to live. Where did you kept him all this while?” Sunye asked her.

Suzy just laughed. She took a glanced at Yongguk who had gone to take a drink for her. She can see that Yongguk was talking to other two wives at the buffet table. Once a while she noticed that Yongguk will glance at her with his smile. He’d spent the day being the attentive husband that she could find very habit forming. His husbandly solitude towards her had only fed her reactions. Yongguk took every opportunity to hold her hand, drop his arm around her shoulders, or hug her to his side whenever possible.

 “Don’t talk like that in front of your husband. Hesok will kill you.” Suzy said, and they both chuckled.

“Here you go.” Yongguk said, placing the glass on the table. He leaned down and gave Suzy a leisurely kiss on the cheek.

 Suzy managed to pull away from Yongguk and attempted to glare at him.

 “You two acted like newly wed.” Sunye chuckled.

 Yongguk smile at her and said, “We don’t see as much as each other as we’d like. I’m hoping that will change in the near future. I’m hoping that my schedule can be arranged and I can spend more time at home.”

 ‘Does he really have to say that?' Suzy thought.

They both knew that they were playing roles this weekend. Did she mind that a very attractive man was making it clear that he found her attractive as well?

Everyone had accepted Yongguk as her husband. Yongguk had handled himself well and she couldn’t help being impressed with how easy Yongguk was around her colleagues.

Hesok called out from the barbeque smoker that meat was ready and it’s time to eat. Yongguk walked over and held out his hand to Suzy and lift her to stand. Wrapping his other arm around her waist and hugging around her, “Are you hungry?” Yongguk murmured, brushing his mouth against Suzy ears.

 “Mmm...” was all Suzy could say.

 “Let’s eat.”

 Yongguk knew that everyone there was keeping an eye on them. Maybe none of them had seen Suzy in such social role before. Or maybe they enjoyed seeing Suzy blushed, which she seemed to do every time she was within touching distance.

 Once they were in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter