Coming back home~

The boy next door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's POV

About 25 minutes passed since the nurses quickly brought Sunmin to the emergency room. I couldn't do anything than wait. I felt like the biggest idiot and burried my face in my hands. The whole situation was so frustrating. I never meant to bring Sunmin and our unborn child in danger. 

I heard footsteps coming to my direction. I thought it was just another random nurse or a patient. But these footsteps stopped right in front of me. I decided to ignore this person since I weren't in the mood to do anything. However, this person didn't seem to go away. I still felt a presence in front of me. I heard foot tapping as if he or she was waiting for something.

"Jimin?" A familiar female voice called out my name.

Eventually I lifted my head and saw Yoona glancing down at me, her arms crossed in front of her chest. I wanted to greet her but I couldn't let out a single tone because of my weakness. So I just mouthed her a 'hey'.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. My head swung to the right because of the force of the slap. Yes, she slapped me. I held my cheek in pain, which was probably red by now. I looked up at her in confusion. "What was that for?" I asked with knitted eyebrows.

"For disappearing all of the sudden and leaving your pregnant girlfriend all on her own." She casually answered.

"Dammit...I planned a surprise for her." I explained. The way she said that sounded kinda harsh. I didn't really leave Sunmin. I swear I had a surprise for her. But then I was too clumsy and broke my leg.

"Where is she?" It sounded more like a command than a question.

"In the emergency room... She came all the way to the hospitaly by bike. I guess she was over powering her body." I felt uneasy explaining the incident and I feared Yoona's reaction.

I felt another sharp pain, but this time it was my right cheek. "This is for bringing Sunmin and your baby in such danger." This time her voice was more serious.

I wasn't angry at her for slapping me like that. I admit that I deserved it. To be honest, I felt so ashamed of myself. I failed as a boyfriend...and as a soon-to-be father. All I could do was praying that the baby is okay.

To my surprise, Yoona slapped me again. "Ow! What have I done now?" I got a little angry because she actually didn't have a reason to slap me for a third time.

"Nothing. I just felt like it. I feels good to let my anger out on you." She said as if it is a normal thing and sat down next to me. I mumbled something but low enough so she won't hear.

"Anyway, how did you know that I'm in the hospital?" I asked, deciding to not wait in silence.

"Jungkook called me, saying that you broke your leg. How typical of you." She replied, teasing me.

"What do you mean 'how typical'? It's the first time I ever broke my leg or something." I gave her a mad glance and felt offended.

"I didn't mean that. You're always getting into trouble. Since you moved in next to Sunmin's apartement. You even made her pregnant." She explained.

Only now I realized that I only brought problems into Sunmin's life. Yoona was right. I'm such a troublemaker, I always were. The feeling of guilty overcame my body. "I-"

The door of the emergency room finally opened and the doctor with all the nurses came out. I immediatly jumped up from my seat and rushed over to the doctor on my crutches, hoping that my beloved ones are fine.

"What happened? Is Sunmin okay? And the baby? Are they both fine?" I bombed the doctor with questions.

"Please calm down, Mr Park." The doctor said, to prevent me from asking more questions. "False alarm. Mrs Kim was overworking her body which induced some labours. Nothing serious. But you should take care of your girlfriend for the next month. She's not allowed to move much, keep that in mind." The doctor told me everything.

A big burden fell off from my shoulder and I let out a sigh of relief. "Okay. Thanks, doctor." I thanked him and bowed. He gave me one last reassuring smile and then he left. Probably going to look after another patient.

"I'm going in to see her. Are you coming with me?" I asked Yoona, who was standing behind me the whole time.

"No. I will give you two some time for being alone. If you're looking for me, I'm in the Cafetaria." She said and made her way towards the Cafetaria.

I took a deep breath before I entered the room.

 

Normal POV

You smiled when you saw Jimin entering the room. He stopped in front of the bed and sat down on the chair which was standing next to it. You were rubbing your big stomach.

"Are you fine?" He asked you in a calm tone. He put a hand on your stomach, smiling as he did so.

"I was about to ask the same. Why are your cheeks so red?" When you took a closer look on his cheeks you noticed that the redness had the form of a hand.

Jimin totally forgot about that and was surprised that the red mark is still visible. He chuckled. "Yoona slapped me."

Your eyes widened in confusion and in shock. "Yoona is also here? And why did she slap you? That looks painful!" You said and reached your hand out for his cheek, caressing it.

"She's here, but she wanted to give us some alone time. And the slap....I deserved it. I'm sorry for being such a bad boyfriend to you.. I should have told you that I bought a house for us." Jim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter