Final

Late Nights

"Last section... solutions to dealing with global warming..." yawned a sleepy Kyungsoo. He glanced at the clock- it was already 1:37AM, and his environmental science exam was at 8:00AM that day. He had trapped himself in his dorm all day to study for his exam, and the three cups of coffee he drank were slowly starting to wear off. 

 

"Okay, I have about six and a half hours until the exam starts... Maybe I can just rest my head for a few minutes," he whispered to himself, still groggy.

 

"I'll wake up at two! I'll still have time to study for a good six hours, too," he smiled to himself, appreciating his genious mind that required him to think through his perfect studying plan.

 

Kyungsoo fumbled with his phone, attempting to set the alarm to 2:00. He placed his phone down and picked up a sweater that was draped across his roommate's chair, bunching it up into a fluffy pile. He rest his head onto his makeshift pillow and drifted into sleep in an instant.

 

--------

 

"-soo," Kyugsoo heard and felt something breathe at his neck. 

 

"-hyung!" As Kyungsoo began to regain his consciousness, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso, and he opened his eyes to see the invader of his rest was. 

 

"Hyung, you should sleep on the bed. You don't look very comfortable on this desk..." It was his roommate, Jongin. The younger boy had a half worried/half drowsy smile on his face as he tried to tug the elder up from his spot; his attempt was futile, though, since he had just recently woken up and was equally drowsy.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know whether or not to be upset by the boy for disrupting his power nap, but he knew his intentions were well so his soft spot for the younger overtook his anger. 

 

"It's okay. I'm just taking a little rest. It's probably going to end soon..." A mock pout formed on the older boy's face. Jongin smiled at the immaturity displayed by the elder, and the two broke out in a small chuckle. Kyungsoo decided to glance at the clock to see how much time left he had for his nap.

 

 

It was 3:57AM. 

 

"WAIT, WHAT THE HELL, HOW IS IT ALREADY 4?! Kyungsoo's eyes bulged as he dug through papers scattered around his desk to look for his phone. He angrily examines his faulty alarm to see what had gone wrong, and when he realized what had happened, he threw his entire body on the desk, repeatedly slamming his head back onto the surface of the desk. 

 

"I set it to 2:00 PM. JONGIN, I SET IT TO 2:00 PM WHY AM I SUCH AN IDIOT," he cried out with a pained look on his face matched with a just as pained whine. 

 

"Hyung, calm down, it's okay! I think..." Jongin attempted to reassure the other male, but Kyungsoo literally looked like he wanted to fall off the face of the planet. He let out a loud groan and fell back onto his chair, almost hitting Jongin on the head, as the boy was still hugging hin from behind. He adjusted his head so that it rested between the younger's neck and shoulder.

 

"I'm going to fail. I might as well just drop out of high school now. I won't even be able to get into college if I can't even pass this stupid test," Kyungsoo whines overdramatically.

 

Jongin couldn't help but laugh at his roommate's extravagant reaction . He looked up after his attempt to conceal his smile when he felt the boy get up from his chair and walk away from his desk. 

 

"Where are you going?" Jongin's eyes followed Kyungsoo's sleep deprived body until it reached the bed and plopped down on the bouncy matress. 

 

"Get over here," the elder demanded as he lifted the bed cover to allow himself to fit under the warmth of the blankets, "You wanted to sleep, right?" 

 

Jongin let a bright smile out as he made his way towards the bed where the elder now lay. As he approached, he noticed the other male was turned facing the wall, but Jongin had assumed that he shouldn't bug him since he was already ticked off at what seemed to be his alarm. He lifted the covers to create a place for himself to lay, and he heard Kyungsoo silently grumbling to himself. Once Jongin laid down, his arms slowly crept around the smaller male's waist, and he pulled Kyungsoo's back up to his chest. 

 

Jongin took in a deep breathe and pressed his nose up to the other's hair. Kyungsoo had always had a distinct smell- It was sweet. It smelled soft-- and he wasn’t even sure that was possible. 

 

Jongin reluctantly closed his eyes and attempted to let sleep take him, but just as he was about to drift to sleep, Kyungsoo started moving between his arms.

 

"W-wha-," Jongin called out for a moment, confused as to what Kyungsoo was trying to accomplish. The older male had turned around to face Jongin, and he burrowed his head into the younger's chest and let out a sigh.

 

"Wake me up at 7:00....AM," Kyungsoo muttered, and soon after, his breathing evened out, signaling that he was asleep. 

 

Jongin smiled at the peaceful boy resting between his arms. He whispered a small "Sleep well, hyung" under his breath, placing a small peck on the elder's blob of hair before finally drifting into sleep himself.

 

-------

I deleted my old story out of impulse and edited it and this is what happened /hides/