|| I ||

Wonderland Mayhem [Rewriting in Progress]

"Sorry for falling." "Can you at least be more careful?!"

*****

You sighed, bring you hand up and slamming the alarm that rang wildly on the table next to you. A new day, but same old happenings. You cracked a tired smile, nothing will change just because you wanted it toSadly, this was true. For as long as you could remember after being admitted to your school with a full scholarship, you'd been bullied and mistreated. But there was nothing you could do about that.

     Groggily getting out of your warm bed, you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and yawned, shuffling into the bathroom to preform your morning routine. Ha, morning routine. More like mourning routineYou looked terrible, you were often told. "They're not wrong," you trailed off, voice tinged with sadness.

*****

     "You!" The leader hissed, anger seething just beneath her stone like lava toiling under the earth. She was ready to erupt. "Just because you're smart-" you rolled your eyes, "-that doesn't mean you're important!" Ouch. That stung.

     You raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you want?"

     Her gang huffed at your blunt approach. "What she's trying to say is," another girl spoke up, glaring at you, "you should learn your place, wrench."

     As if her insult was so funny, the rest of the group burst into laughter. Maclious and quite shrill, you noted. Terrible. If there was anything that you had learnt it was that these females had no purpose in life rather than to torture you. 

     "What do you say," the leader cackled, her finger prodding your chin up, "are you ready for a make over?"

     You weren't. Your eyes widened, possibly wider than you've ever done in your whole life. You thought they were just threatening you, playing around. That wasn't the case. Multiple kicks, a handful of punches, they all landed on your delicate body, staining your peachy skin a sickly blue and purple.

     You cried. But nobody heard you.

*****

     "I should get to school," you mused, glancing at the time. Not that you wanted to. It was a hell hole, to say in the least. You weren't late, but the trip to school did take much longer than it should. So with that in mind, you picked up a piece of toast, and some fruit, then headed out the door.

     The breeze weaved its way through the folds and fabric of your school uniform. Nothing out of the ordinary.

     A plaited skirt, white button up with the school's emblem on your pocket, a blazer, white socks and black shoes. This was standard for all the girls. For the boys, they could wear pants instead. You kind of envied that, especially when the skirt was so short. You sighed, "I hope they don't notice me today." But that was a futile wish, too, as dubbed the girl who got the full scholarship and whatnot, the attention was unavoidable. 

     Because you were lost in your thoughts, you didn't realise that you had tripped over something.

     More specifically, someone.

     "Yah!" they shouted, loud and annoyed. It seems that during your fall, you'd brought them along with you. Of course, you were too disorientated to say anything yet, but they weren't done, either. "I tried to save you from hitting the floor ruthlessly and you pull me along?!" Oh.

     "Mianhaeyo," you muttered, the first to get off the pavement and to dust your uniform off. "I wasn't paying attention," you extended a hand out to help him.

     He rolled his eyes, brushing you hand aside and getting up by himself. Rude. "Of course you weren't, you were too busy daydreaming to even realise you tripped over my foot." Why was his foot even out in the first place?

     Then again, you couldn't blame him. You noticed now that now he was standing up, he was fairly tall. Definitely someone who was older than you. "Isn't a sorry enough?" you cocked an eyebrow, peering at him in annoyance.

     "I'm very annoyed right now," he scoffed, eyeing you up and down in distaste. At least someone was checking you out, you snickered, just not in the right way.

     "That makes two of us," you click your tongue. Checking the time on your phone, you realised that this pavement dispute was going to make you late if it dragged on any further. You glanced at the stranger. He wasn't wearing your uniform. Great. "If you'll excuse me..."

     He turned to you and stared at your uniform. "Right," he snorted, " to be you. I don't have school." 

     "That's not something to be proud of."

     "It is when your school is horrible."

     "Fair point."

     You realised that he had probably wagged school or something of that sort, and by his lovely description of his school, you could understand why. "I don't believe I've introduced myself," you your dry lips, "my name is Choi Ara." Generic name, you know.

     "Lee Sungyeol," the male speaks, and coughs awkwardly. "You should get to school," he notes, an crooked smile appearing on his face, "before you're late."

     You take his words into consideration. He wasn't wrong. "Yes, I'll get going now. It was nice meeting you." And you stuck true to your word.

*****

     Making the gruesome journey back was the worse part of the day. School was not to be spoke of. You heaved your body up, walking back on the pavement you came from this morning. Unintentionally, a familiar face pops up in your mind. "I wonder how Sungyeol is doing."

     But it's only been a day, so you don't think that the male has died or anything. And even so, it was only the afternoon, night close in its grasp.

     "Did I hear my name?" somebody chuckled, as if they had expected you to be walking back on the same path at this time.

     You deadpanned, "Are you stalking me?" Honestly, you wouldn't have minded that. Only a little bit, nobody likes being stalked, but at least you knew there was someone out there that had affections for you. Sadly, none of that was ever going to happen.

     "Of course not," Sungyeol snapped at you, an offended expression his face. "I would never! I am a gentlema-"

     But before he could finish his sentence, the ground crumbled away, sending the both of you into the unknown abyss with terrified faces.

     "God damn it, Sungyeol, what did you do this time!"

     "Choi Ara! Don't you dare blame this on me!"

     Safe to say, angry, then terrified.


[1/01/2017] Rewriting everything in progress, please deal with me.