My Lorelei

Lured by your Voice

CHAPTER 1: My Lorelei

“Kim Jongin!”

The teen was caught raising his fist against his classmate. His fellow students were cowering around him and the whole classroom was a total mess. Jongin scanned his opponent who was already unconscious from the beating. He let go of the latter and he knew what the teacher was going to say, so he went ahead of her before she could even open , “Kim Jongin. Office. Now.” Imitating her voice with comicality. Their homeroom teacher did nothing but let out a sigh, “This kid,” she mumbled.

He went past through his trembling classmates but didn’t care to give a damn about what they think of him right now. He knew what they were thinking of him, ‘The troublemaker strikes again.’ The moment he entered the office, he knew what they were going to say, well not exactly unlike his homeroom teacher but the thought was there. Just before the prefect could talk, he was cut off with Jongin’s ‘I know what you’re going to say line’. “Yeah. Yeah. Community service.” Which made the older one groan. He left without a word and went straight to the janitor’s room.

Jongin was always in trouble. There was never a week without him making any ruckus or misfortune. Consecutively beating up his classmates, breaking stuff, cutting classes, name it all. He didn’t care about this cycle anymore, but of course his friends does.

“Ahhh… Jongin you should stop making a mess,” Joonmyeon scolded.

Sehun did nothing but sigh meanwhile Luhan came running towards the group. “I heard,” and gave Jongin a smack on the head, “Yah! Seriously, it’s becoming worse. I mean how everyone sees you. Even our batch knows about the ‘Troublemaker Jongin’.”

Jongin just chuckled from how his friends worried over him, “Sheesh its fine.” He shrugged. Joonmyeon groaned, while Luhan just laughed. Sehun was stoic. He always was, well only when Luhan’s around. Jongin knew how Sehun felt for their hyung, so he tried suppressing a smile which made Sehun glare daggers at him. Jongin chortled.  “Well, see you around. I need to finish ,” and finally waving goodbye to his friends, leaving Joonmyeon doing a face palm, Sehun turned and left before the two did.

------------------------------------

It was five and the last thing he was assigned to clean was the classroom he just wrecked. Thirty minutes passed and he wasn’t even half way done with his chore.

“Yah! Screw this .” Jongin sat on a table and stared at the dark sky to cool down his head but seeing the classroom unfixed didn’t actually help. Just a few more minutes and he’ll snap. He groaned and raised a chair to throw out of the window for who knows reason. Maybe just to calm down. It was fun breaking things.

Just when he raised the seat, a calm and soothing voice started to sing, that made the other stop on his heels. It was relaxing, soulful and at that moment he felt at peace. No violence. No irritations. Nothing. His mind went blank. Jongin sat on the table once again and continued listening.

On a long and tiring day
I got together my heart that was filled with sighs
Today and tomorrow, I will get up again
And live through the day

Moment of realization struck him that he needed to know who was singing. Sounds weird enough but he was attracted to it. Mixed with infatuation and curiosit, he immediately fixed the classroom, surprisingly, it only took three to four minutes to finish. Unfortunately just when he was about to be done from cleaning, the song ended.

“Who would even stay up this late here at school,” he thought. After cleaning up he hurriedly searched the whole building if there was anyone around, much to his dismay, there wasn’t a single soul.

“I need to know that person. I need to know who my 'Lorelei' was.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Althugh Lorelei was a girl I just used the term for more I dunno romace atmosphere? :P I think this was too short but I'll do my best as a newbie writer :D