Chapter 3

Misleading Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Biting my nails, I looked at the message of the unknown number. I didn't realize I've been pacing back and forth while staring at my phone anyway. I sighed.

 

Should I call him? But what if it's not really him?

Of course it's him! Who else would you expect to text you in the middle of the night? 

But what if he just got the wrong number? What if I'm not the one he's supposed to text?

Are you crazy? The message clearly has your name on it!

 

Great. And now I'm even answering my own questions.

 

"Ughhh!!" I groaned.  

"Unnie, are you okay in there?" Harin shouted at the back of my door. I shouted an "I'm okay, don't mind me" spiel before dragging myself on my bed. I looked at the clock and it's already 11:30 in the evening. I grinned. He texted me at 8:15 and it will be weird if I call him at this hour, right? I mean, he won't even waste his time waiting for my call because he's too busy for that. He's probably asleep now because he might have a busy schedule tomorrow and he needs a long sleep. Wait, why am I even making excuses for him? I almost sounded like a paranoid girlfriend, I mean, fan.

Besides, why will I be the one to call him first? I mean, I don't have anything to do with him. He's the one who said that he wants me. Ugh, just by thinking about that makes my face hot in embarassment.

 

Deciding not to call him anymore, I put myself to sleep.

 

I was so close to dreamland when I heard my phone ringing. I mentally cursed and now thinking of a way how to murder this sleep intruder. Eyes closed, I took the phone on my nightstand before answering it.

"Yoboseyeo?" I mumbled irritatingly.

 

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?!!" 

 

I automatically sat straight up when I heard the fuming of that familiar voice. His voice was so, deadly. I can almost imagine his dark eyes burning holes at me, ready to kill me by choking me using an electric chord or burning me using a flat iron. I gulped, my hands shaking and cold sweat start to form on my forehead at the thought of how it will be easy for him to dismiss me and proving it as a suicide. I mean, he's a celebrity for Pete's sake and he can do what he wants to protect his image, even if it involves killing a nice, bubbly, hot, and gorgeous woman. 

 

I gathered myself before speaking.

 

"W--who is this?" I mumbled, faking an innocent voice. I heard him scoff on the other line.

"You're asking me who I am yet you're stuttering like a criminal caught on act." He said. I facepalmed. Literally facepalmed. Why did I ever thought of acting innocent when I at it.

"Aish, okay Mr. GD, you win. Why did you even call me in the middle of the night anyway?" I said, slighly irritated at the fact that he ruined my sleep.

"Well, you're supposed to be the one calling me. I messaged you earlier, right?" He retorted. I rolled my eyes. Did he really thought I would take his orders? We're not even friends! Well, I don't even take orders of my friends so...

"Look, let's get straight to business, mister. What do you want?" I asked. 

"I clearly said earlier that I want you, Do you want me to repeat it all over again?" He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

 

I want you.

 

I felt my face get hot. Why did he have to remind me of that again?!

 

"I--I mean, what do you want from me?" It took a lot of courage for me to ask him withour stuttering, but I failed. He became silent. All I can hear is his breathing on the other line. Wow, he's been shouting at me earlier and now he's not even talking? Weirdo.

I was about to end the call (not minding the consequences of him killing me or not) when I heard him sighed heavily. I decided to put my phone on my ear, waiting for him to speak.

 

 

"I want you to help me, Chaerin-ssi." He muttered after a long minute of pause. My borws furrowed at his words.

 

"I can't understand." Was all I could say. His words didn't fail to put me in confusion. Is he drunk or what? 

 

Few minutes of silence filled again. Maybe I'm just too confused that I'm now listening to his heavy breaths, waiting for him to speak on the other line. My confusion turned into worry when his breaths turned into silent sobs.

 

Is he... crying?

 

My whole body stiffened. The great G-Dragon is crying?! I can't even find the right words to describe this situation. I want to console him but I don't know what to say. I don't even know the reason why he's being like that.

I heard him heaved a long sigh before finally finding the courage to speak.

 

 

 

 

"I want Kiko back... I want her back. Help me... please."

 

 

 

 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!" I shouted, not minding that I'm in a famous coffee shop here in Seoul and people are staring at me. 

 

"Can you please lower your voice or people might recognize me." A man wearing a black v-neck shirt and ripped jeans, not to mention a black cap, black face mask and shades whispered at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I almost forgot that I'm with an idol so I have to be careful with every single thing I'm doing. Gosh, could this get any worse?

"Gosh, I'm sorry. I was just... surprised. Is that even a joke or something?" I said, much with a normal voice.

"I wish it was, but it's not." He retorted, a hint of bitterness in his voice. I scoffed. He looked at me with confusion.

"Why are you laughing? Do you find it funny that my ex-girlfriend is now you're ex-boyfriend's girlfriend?" He asked, looking at me in disbelief. 

 

"I'm laughing not because I find it funny, but pathetic. It's so pathetic to know that our exes had been cheating on us for almost 2 years yet we still want them back like losers. I don't even know if pathetic is what it's called. Bull. I think the right term is bull." I answered, staring blankly at my now cold coffee.

I can feel his eyes at me but I didn't dare to look back. I don't know why but don't want him to see me getting affected or we'll end up crying together like brokenhearted people. Well, not like we're not.

 

 

I want to laugh at the fact that this famous idol in front of me is spilling information about Jaebeom and Kiko's affair while they're both in a relationship with us. He keep on blabbing those so-called secret rendezvous, fake alibis, and places that those two have been together without our knowledge. If I'm in my right mind, I would've joked on him being a detective rather than an idol but unfortunately, I'm not, and those information is not ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter