2:34AM

2:34 am

*bzzt bzzt* *bzzt bzzt*

With an annoyed groan, Kibum rolled over in bed, blindly reaching for his cell phone that was currently vibrating. Taking a glance at the nearby clock, he found out that the current time was 2:34 am, and with a frustrated groan, vowed to make whoever was on the other line pay.

Phone finally in grasp, Kibum tapped what he hoped was the answer button.

“What,” he huffed, too tired to care about who the called may be.

“Hey, Bummie,” a soft voice replied.

Almost instantly, Kibum felt himself relaxing. Yes, he was still annoyed that he was woken up in the middle of the night, but just knowing who the mystery caller was helped ease the irritation.

“Jjong…” he breathed out, unconsciously smiling to himself until he realized just how late it was.

“Yah… do you even know what time it is…?” Kibum scolded the older, shifting around in bed while trying to find a comfortable position.

A gentle chuckle was what he got in reply.

“It’s 2:34 am,” Jonghyun answered. “I just got back from Blue Night…”

After doing the math as quickly as his sleepy brain could, Kibum nodded. It was just about time the other arrived back home from his late night (or early morning, depending on how someone wanted to think about it) schedule.

“Why’d you call…?” the younger questioned, snuggling up against one of his fluffy pillows, imagining it was Jonghyun’s chest instead.

The other end was quiet, but for some reason, Kibum just knew the other had a smile on his face at the very moment. Although they still spent quite a bit of time together, Kibum missed their late night cuddle sessions and things just didn’t feel the same without the beating of the older’s heartbeat to lull him to sleep.

“…I just wanted to call to tell you I love you,” came Jonghyun’s whispered reply.

Kibum smiled at the older’s antics, and he couldn’t help but swoon just a fraction. With one more glance at the clock, Kibum knew exactly what to say back.

“It’s still 2:34 am…and I just wanted to tell you I love you too.”