six

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6.

 

I enter the library and stop for a while to check on the message that I received just now. My brows furrow as I wander around, my eyes are busy searching for the table that this person mentioned. He said he already arrived a while ago, at the ground floor and somewhere in the group discussion section at that place but it had been almost 2 minutes that I stand here, clueless of his whereabouts. It takes a while for my eyes to scan around, only then I see Minseok is sitting right in front of a girl who had her back facing me. That must be the person.

Since I lived a hard life, I’ve been doing various types of part-time jobs, like the job at that convenient store. And also this.

Getting paid of doing another people’s assignments. Just for arts & design subject, of course.

Usually, my customers are high school students or university students, and most of them are from well-off families, obviously. There was a big time where I got paid a fortune for finishing my customer’s final year project and that was when my ‘business’ started to blow up. Now I got three requests per day that I had almost considering to quit school, surely would do that if it’s not for Mom.

However, this time it feels a little bit strange since it is going to be the first time I would meet my customer in person. All this time I have been receiving job through emails or messenger application but not this moment. I had no idea on why is that but Minseok said this girl is a little bit different, she feels guilty for doing this but she had no other choice. That girl, whom Minseok is going to introduce to me in a short while is his junior in middle school, also his neighbor and said to be a very smart student, one of the top three in her high school but lacking a lot in this subject which affects her grades.

Just from seeing that lob cut hair that fall just right on her shoulders as I step closer, the girl strangely gives out a familiar vibe.

“Baekhyun.”, the elder guy speaks in a low voice, raises his hand up as a sign of asking me to come over there. Then the person in front of him finally turns her head around, and I was welcomed by a thin smile that shows up on the pallid complexion of a soft and feminine face of hers. However that smile eventually fades away as we both were a bit surprise of each other’s presence. She is that kind girl who I saw at the store.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know you are an oncologist now.”

“And I don’t know you ended up working in this field with…” His eyes flicker from up to down my feet and I saw a tiny smirk formed by his lips. “…this position. Didn’t you wish to be one as well? I thought you would end up being somebody after throwing off someone so heartlessly.”

My teeth are already biting my inner cheeks at hearing those words spitted out by that person. Minseok was never this type of person who belittle others, he was always kind, warm and mature despite giving a very serious and scary vibe. But after I left Baekhyun – obviously the story reached him – he went away from me. We used to be close as we were neighbor, also went to the same middle school. Minseok was like a brother to me but of course not anymore.

Well, I deserve to be hated.

It was all my fault that I never explains anything to anyone. Instead, I left and shut myself away, far from everyone. That hard choice is also the one which led me in crossing path with Chanyeol.

“Since he is living at my place now, I heard from him.” Our eyes met as that name came out from his mouth. Those pair of sharp eyes were piercing as he hisses, “And I wonder why the fate is so cruel towards him? You even have kids now, while that guy is still alone, suffering on his own.”

My breath hitches for a second but I try to hide it and gulp my saliva down as I speak. “Why did you say that? Baekhyun already becomes a world top designer, isn’t he is the one who’s living his dream right now?”

“His dream was you.”

I froze at the moment, and I feel like my world stops for a while. What did this man just say? It supposed to feel good when someone stated that to a person whom he cherishes however it turns to heartbreaking in my case. That statement left my mouth opened a bit while my mind becomes busy, thinking hard of what or how am I going to respond to that and when I finally get to say something, Minseok was faster to cut my words off by coldly excusing himself and walks away from where we were conversing, abandoning me with unuttered things right between my lips.

I know Baekhyun loved me…but after all this time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter