To the moon

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

 

“Baby, you got all the stuffs you need?”

 

Aunt Dami asked as I look at the variety of paint brushes. We are in the bookstore and I am thinking about getting another 4 new paint brushes. But my money isn’t enough. I am getting some art materials and I underestimate my budget. 

 

“Are you ok? Would you like to buy these as well?”

 

“My money is not enough. I think I can buy these some other time.”

 

“I’ll buy these for you. Don’t worry.”

 

“But Auntie, these brushes are not cheap. I have the same at home but they are a bit old.”

 

“If you need these then we will buy it.”

 

I just nodded and get the paint brushes so we can pay at the counter. I told auntie that I need the art materials for my project at school but it is just an excuse. I wanted to give my grandmas, my auntie and my mom a Mother’s Day gift. My plan is to give them an artwork made by me, hopefully I can finish on time.

 

“Happy now?”

 

My aunt Dami asked then we decided to go home. My aunt is the one who sends and fetch me from my school. She explained that it is for my privacy and safety. 

 

When we arrived at the exclusive floor where dad’s penthouse is, mom is already there waiting for me. She’s wearing mask and purple hoodie and pants.

 

“Mom!”

 

I ran towards my mom and hug her tight.

 

“Did you enjoy school today?”

 

She said as she pats my head and fix my hair.

 

“Yes, mom. And we went to the bookstore to buy art materials.”

 

I told her as she took the shopping bag from my hand.

 

“Did you say “thank you” to your auntie?”

 

“Don’t worry, Taeng. Our Jiyonnie is such a sweetheart. She keeps on saying ‘thanks’ to me even on the way home. You are raising her well.”

 

My auntie said as she pat my head. I embrace her too before she said goodbye as she needs to go home as well.

 

“Are these all for school?”

 

Mom asked as we walked towards the penthouse. We are holding each other’s hand as we talk about our day. She said she went to SM and do some errands while Dad is attending an event. When we open the door of the penthouse, our good boy Zero welcomes us.

 

“I miss you, Zero.”

 

“Jiyeonnie, change your clothes first then we’ll eat some snacks while waiting for your dad. He said he’ll buy dinner.”

 

I heard Mom but then I keep on playing with Zero. I am a bit busy since last week because of the exams and ballet practices and I didn’t have much time to play with Zero.

 

“Mom, I am tired and sleepy. Can I skip snack and take a nap while waiting for Dad?”

 

“Are you ok, baby?”

 

“We had swimming class today and I then ballet class in the afternoon. It is tiring.”

 

“Ok, I’ll wake you up when your Dad arrives.”

 

I went to my room, change my clothes and lay down in bed. Minutes later, Mom is in my room, looking oh so worried.

 

“Baby, do you feel feverish, dizzy or something?”

 

“Just tired, Mom.”

 

After convincing her that I am totally fine, Mom silently left my room. It was then that I remember that I have to make 4 artworks. I just hope that I can stay at home this coming weekend so I can do my project. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter