i. calling out

Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one;

 

             Everyone probably know who Yook Sungjae was. The person who resembled to a beautiful star; a star that lights up the darkness, a star that everyone gets to see but to this one person, Sungjae’s far from being a star. Sungjae never glimmered in her eyes nor did she see him shine.

             Park Sooyoung that was her name; the person who knows Sungjae better than anyone else, and Sungjae’s too scared to admit it to himself.

{-}

             “Yook Sungjae?” When the professor had mentioned his name, silence had automatically occupied the room and everyone turned to face the empty seat at the back.

            “Absent, ‘Sir.” Kim Taehyung had responded shortly, everyone turned to face the front again. Just like how a normal day would pass in this room, Yook Sungjae is once again absent in class. You could hear some of the students sigh as soon as he said that, but Taehyung can only roll his eyes. What was so good in Yook Sungjae that he earns instant admiration? He skips his classes all the time, and spends the day and night in clubs with girls hovering around him. Well, Taehyung doesn’t know the answer himself.

            “Park Sooyoung?”

            “Present, ‘Sir.” So was the last student called, Taehyung turned his back again to look at the girl sitting two desks away from Yook Sungjae. He can’t help but let out a little smile when their eyes met, his one and only best friend, Park Sooyoung.

{-}

            “I can’t believe that kid, Sungjae, is skipping his classes again.” Taehyung said as he places a mouthful of food in his mouth; students were swarming in and out the canteen, but still, Yook Sungjae was nowhere to be found.

            Sooyoung looks at him and lets out a gentle sigh, “Why don’t you talk to him, Taehyung? I’m sure he’ll listen to you though.”

            “And you too? You’re concerned about him?” Taehyung asked with a puzzled look.

            Sooyoung seems to be taken aback with the question and quickly retorts, “We’ve known each other since we were kindergarten, and of course I’d be worried. Are you not?”

            “I stopped caring for him the moment he stopped talking to us.” There was this some sort of bitterness when Taehyung had spoken, while Sooyoung could only let out another sigh, as she watches Taehyung lose an ounce of car to his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter