Formation of the Pack

Origins

A/n So I should be working on the main story but this just kind of happened while I was bored in Linguistics class.

 

Suho’s POV

Age 14

 

“Are you sure about this? You could stay.” My mother was on the verge of tears.

“I can’t, Mom. I’ll come back to visit, I promise.”

“I’m proud of you, Son!” My father said with a pat on the back.

I shouldered my bag, hugged my mom, and turned to leave for the house my father bought for me, for me and my pack.

I suppose I could have stayed. As the alpha’s first son, it was my birthright to take control of the pack when my father died or relinquished the title. I wanted to stay. I love my pack. But my wolf didn’t care. It was chomping at the bit to become alpha now. It was getting uncomfortable to be in this pack. My temper was going wild and I was losing control of my shifting. My dad said it was the sign of a powerful alpha. So the responsibility of our birth pack fell to my younger brother, only nine years old, while I set out to forge my own pack.

“Are you leaving?”

My neighbor, Jongin, stood in his yard, basketball perched on his hip and lips pouted even more than usual.

“Yeah Nini, I am.” I smiled down at him.

“But you’re my alpha!”

“My father is your alpha, Jongin.”

“No! Hyung, you’re supposed to be my alpha.” He stomped stubbornly.

“Tell you what Jongin, when you gain control of your shifting, if you still want me as your alpha, you can join my pack.”

His eyes widened.

“Deal?” I held my hand out to him.

“Sehunnie too?”

“Of course”

“What about Taeminnie?”

“Taemin is a vampire, he can’t be part of a wolf pack.”

“Oh right.” Jongin sat in deep thought for a moment then nodded and shook my hand seriously before running back toward his house, shouting for Sehun.

I laughed as I walked to the bus stop. When the stop came into view I laughed again at the sight.

Waiting dutifully like a puppy waiting for its master stood Byun Baekhyun, overstuffed backpack dwarfing his small frame and making him appear turtle-like. I could already see his eyes drifting shut as he fought off sleep. Poor Baekhyun, it was early for him at 11:00 am. He usually slept until at least 2:00.

“Baekhyun, what are you doing?”

He startled out of his half asleep state.

“Ah! Junmyeon hyung! There you are. I’ve been waiting here forever! I had to wake up at, like, o’clock.”

“But why are you here?”

“Oh, I’m coming with you!”

“Baek—”

“No! Jun, you’re leaving to start your on pack. How can you have a pack with no pack members? An alpha without a pack is nothing. You’ll be weak and vulnerable in an unfamiliar place! Besides, you didn’t really think you could leave me behind, did you?” He flashed me his famous eye smile.

I could see the bus coming down the street.

“You’re going to pick up your life and leave your pack, your family, to follow me and be the only member of my pack?”

“Just call me Baek Beta!” he said as he climbed onto the bus.

And so my pack gained its first member.