Promise

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of her, she managed to stand on the stage. Because of her, she managed to fulfil her dream.

Chorong and Bomi were friends since they were little. They played together, they went to school together, they did everything together. Ever since they were young, they dreamt of standing on the stage, singing beautiful songs. It was their dream. It was when they entered middle school, they started to compose their own songs and sing them. However, there was no opportunities for them to present the songs in front of everybody. Even if there is a chance, they would not have the courage to. When they reached high school, they were still best friends. Just like most high schools, the school Chorong and Bomi went wanted their students to show off their talents by singing, dancing, playing an intrument, etc. The school wanted the students to reach their fullest potential not just academically.

It was 2 months from their school's annual singing competition and unexpectedly, Chorong and Bomi had decided to participate in the competition. Even though they had no courage, but they felt that this was the chance where they can shine bright in front of the whole school. They wanted to hear the sound of applause, students shouting 'Encore!'. That moment of satisfactory was what they had always wanted to experience and this was a rare chance for them.

"Unnie! We should totally sing our own song right? That'll be meaningful!" Bomi exclaimed.

"Sure! But what should we write about...?" Chorong spoke after some deep thoughts.

"It's alright unnie! Our inspirations will come naturally!" Bomi assured the older one with a pat on her shoulder.

"Alright, let's go for ice cream then?" Chorong said as her lips curled up.

Chorong and Bomi bought their ice cream and headed to the playground nearby. They sat on the swing and ate the ice cream. They used to do this a lot when they were young. They could sit there the whole day just to accompany each other. Sometimes, there would be silence as they enjoyed their ice creams but it was comfortable. With each other by their side, everything seemed perfect.

Chorong started to become nostalgic as she recalled many happy memories with Bomi when they were young. Now they were just too busy with studies and times like this when they were able to sit beside each other was precious. She stared at Bomi as the younger one her ice cream. Suddenly, a thought came to Chorong's mind.

"BOMI YA!"

"Oh my! Unnie! You scared me!"

"Bbom ah! I thought of what to write about for our song already!"

" That's great! Let's hurry back!" The title of the song was 'Our Story'. It talks about how Chorong and Bomi grew up together, made precious memories together. How they could not live without each other. How much they treasure this friendship. The song was practically talking about the story of Chorong and Bomi. This song was very meaningful and very important to them. It was 2 months to the competition and they had to finish their work as soon as possible.

Everything was going smoothly until one day.
Bomi came running to Chorong telling her that she wanted to withdraw from the competition. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter