Pirates and Blanket Forts

Fic Fest Entries

Written for KissFanxing 2016

"I'm home!" Yixing pushed open the door of the penthouse and paused. What the heck happened here? He wondered as he shut the door behind him. 

 

The living room was almost completely covered with white sheets draping from ceiling to floor. There were sheets covering the couch and the coffee table. "Daddy!" Sehun crawled out from behind a blanket with a plate of cookies in his hand. He wobbled over to where Yixing was standing and held the cookies up to him. "Are these for me?" Yixing set down his bag and reached for the plate. Sehun whisked the plate out of his reach. "If you come into the fort Papa and I made, I'll give you one." Sehun grinned toothily at him. 

 

"You little pirate." Yixing ruffled his son's hair fondly. "Where's your papa?" Sehun clutched the cookie plate close to him and pointed in the direction of two white sheets draped over a wire on the ceiling. Yixing watched in amusement when a tall man crawled out from behind the sheets, one hand holding tightly onto a glass of milk. "Hey babe." Yifan grinned up at his husband. 

 

"So this is what you took your off day for." Yifan stuck his tongue out and got to his feet to kiss his husband. "That milk's for me isn't it?" Yixing reached for it but Yifan stuck it behind his back playfully. "Not till you come inside and see what we've done with the fort." "Not you too." Yixing cried, wrapping his arms around his husband. "I'm hungry and thirsty!" Sehun grabbed his father's hand. "We've got food inside!" He tugged on his hand. 

 

Yixing pouted and released Yifan. "Who knows what you guys will do to me in there." He teased. "Dirty pirates." Yifan crouched down and whispered something into Sehun's ear. Sehun giggled and let go of Yixing's hand. He stole the glass of milk out of Yifan's grasp despite Yixing's protests and vanished inside the fort. "Come quietly and you shall not be harmed." Yifan intoned, making Yixing laugh. "Never!" Yixing cried, dramatically flailing away when Yifan grabbed for him. 

 

"Sehunnie!" Yifan tackled Yixing onto a pile of pillows spread out on the floor and lay on top of him. Yixing squirmed and thrashed. "Help! Help!" He gasped when Yifan started tickling him, up and down his sides and blowing cool air on his neck. "Yifan stop!" Yifan straddled his hips and tickled him mercilessly. "Man down! Bring me the rope!" Yifan declared, keeping Yixing in a tight hold. 

 

"Help me!" Yixing pleaded, looking at his son with puppy eyes. Sehun giggled and shook his head. He passed the soft ribbon that Yifan had asked him to fetch over and Yixing squirmed harder. "Where, oh where is my savior Jongin!" Another little boy had appeared from the fort. "Help me Jongin! You don't have to be like these malicious...ooh stop!" Jongin giggled shyly. Yifan groaned internally. Ever since they had adopted him, it had been clear that Jongin adored Yixing. He would be the traitor. 

 

"Jongin, don't you dare." Yifan threatened playfully. "We pirates must stick together." "Jongin! Help your daddy!" Yixing wailed when Yifan tickled him somemore. Yifan wrapped the ribbon around Yixing's wrists and tied them together. Yixing whimpered helplessly when Yifan continued the assault on his ticklish spots. "Jongin help me!" Jongin stood in his spot, biting his lip and the cloth gag that Sehun had instructed him to bring out.

 

"Gag him!" Yifan ordered. "We cannot have him make a traitor of our crew mate!" Jongin walked over to Yixing's head and shot his father an apologetic look. "Jongin no.." Yixing moaned as his beloved son slipped the cloth over his mouth. "We have succeeded!" Yifan fist pumped the air and hi fived his sons as he scooped up his struggling husband and carried him into the fort. 

 

Yixing blinked in surprise at the interior of the fort. It was cozy with many pillows and plushies lying on the floor. The floor was covered with thick blankets which made it very comfortable to sit on when Yifan put him down. "Arf mmph." Yixing mumbled through the gag, squirming weakly as his two sons joined them in the fort. Sehun was laughing as he held up a realistic toy gun to Yixing's neck. "Promise you won't scream and we'll take off the cloth." Yixing blinked up at his husband who was biting on his lip and trying not to smile. "Umrf." He nodded and Yifan tugged the gag down so that it lay on his chest. 

 

"You planned this." Yixing whimpered, playing along when Jongin plucked up his courage and slipped his hand into Yixing's back pocket. He pulled out his wallet and slipped his hand back in, looking for the presents they were promised. "No! Don't take those!" Yixing gasped in mock horror and struggled against Yifan's hold. "They're for my kids!" He pleaded even as Jongin handed one of the small velvet boxes to his brother. 

 

"Ooh a garnet!" Jongin gasped when he opened his box. A garnet pendant lay snugly on the plush velvet cushion. He pulled it from the box and lifted it to his eye. "It's so pretty! Thank you Daddy!" He abandoned all pretense and leapt at his father, wrapping him a hug. Yifan smiled down at his husband who was being smothered in kisses. Sehun was staring at his own box. "Is this real Daddy?" He asked, holding the box out. "What did you get Sehunnie?" Yifan leaned over Yixing to get a look. 

 

"I think it's a diamond." Sehun stared up at his father in awe. "That's not fair, you never gave me diamonds." Yifan complained, practically lying on top of Yixing to get a better look. "It's so pretty." Sehun marveled at the way the pendant sparkled in the light. "Do you like it?" Yixing grinned as he tried to sit up with his hands bound behind his back. "I love it!" Sehun clutched the necklace close to him and buried his face into his father's stomach. "Does that mean you can let me go?" Yixing asked hopefully. His arms were getting sore. 

 

The two boys were ready to agree but Yifan cut in. "Nope, I didn't get a present." Yixing whined and tried to head Yifan. Yifan s a hand inside Yixing's back pocket purposely groping his before pulling out a box that looked similar to his sons'. Yixing yelped in indignation. "Give it back, I don't want you to have it anymore." Their two sons giggled at how silly their parents were. Yifan flipped the lid open and stared. 

 

The design of the pendant was absolutely stunning. A dragon made of silver was half curled into the shape of half a heart. The dragon's eyes were chips of topaz. "It's beautiful." Yifan murmured softly. Yixing grinned in triumph. "So can I be free now?" Yifan studied his husband. The satin ribbon looked so good on him. "I dunno, you look good like this." "Yifan!" Yixing gasped, scandalized. 

 

"I wanna see Daddy's necklace!" The boys pounced, having seen the glint of silver above Yixing's shirt. Sehun plopped himself on top of Yixing's stomach and tugged at the silver chain around his neck. "Careful. Don't break it." Yifan cautioned as he slipped his pendant on. "It's a unicorn!" Sehun cheered, tugging lightly at the pendant. Yifan gave his husband a slanted glance. "Really Yixing?" "What? I had them customized so that they would fit together." Yixing defended himself. "You're so cheesy." Yifan helped Yixing sit up, carefully shifting Sehun lower down. Yixing stuck his tongue out and Yifan smiled at him. 

 

Yixing squirmed around a little and then sighed. "Can your prisoner at least get milk and cookies? I was promised some." Sehun giggled and held out the plate. Jongin took a cookie off the plate and fed it into his father's mouth. "Thank you Jonginnie." Yixing mumbled through a mouthful of crumbs. "I wanna feed the prisoner too!" Sehun picked up the glass of milk and held it to Yixing's lips. "Use a straw Sehunnie." Yifan stuck a blue striped straw into the milk and patted his son's head fondly. 

 

Yixing slurped down the milk and his lips clean. "Thank you Pirate Sehun." Yifan leaned over and untied the ribbon and Yixing leapt to his feet in the blanket fort, stealing the gun at Sehun's feet. "Nobody move! You are under arrest for kidnapping." He yelled. "Noo... Papa why?" Sehun wiggled around when his father scooped him up and wrapped him in a blanket, burrito style. Jongin hid behind Yixing, giggling like crazy. 

 

"I present to you my sacrifice! Take him instead, and leave me be!" Yifan cried dramatically, holding Burrito Sehun out to Yixing. "Papa no!" Sehun giggled, kicking and struggling. Yixing took his son with a smile and proceeded to smother his face with kisses. Sehun wiggled around crying out in delight. Yixing smacked a final wet kiss on his son's cheek and released him. "It's getting late, I need to start dinner." He got to his feet, Jongin clinging tightly to him. "Can we eat in here tonight Daddy?" He whispered, hugging Yixing's legs tightly. 

 

Yixing wrinkled his nose but sighed when his husband and sons gave him their best puppy faces. "Please?" "Okay." Yifan cheered and Yixing shook his head fondly and walked out of the fort. After dinner, Sehun leaned his head against his father's chest as Yixing scrubbed at his back. "Can we sleep inside the fort tonight Daddy?" Sehun asked, yawning and stretching. Yixing cooed and nodded. "Of course." "With you and Papa?" Yixing finished his scrubbing and put the loofah down. "Yeah, if you want us to." Sehun cheered in delight and wrapped his wet arms around his father's neck as he was lifted out of the tub and wrapped with a towel. 

 

An hour and two movies later, Yixing found himself with two sleepy children and a conked out husband. He sighed and carefully untangled himself from Yifan's long arms and went to spread out more blankets on the floor of the fort to make it more comfortable for the kids. He carried both boys to their make shift beds inside the fort and had just finished tucking them in when Yifan appeared in the entrance of the fort, hair mussed and looking adorable. "Hey babe." Yifan mumbled, scratching his head sleepily.

 

"Let's go take a shower and turn in. You must be exhausted from running around after them." Yixing murmured and tugged his husband by the hand in the direction of the bathroom. The shower ends with Yifan nearly falling asleep as Yixing massaged his scalp. "Cmon you big baby." Yixing teased as Yifan looked longingly towards their bed. "Daddy? You're coming to sleep with us right?" The sight of Jongin looking adorable in his pirate pajamas was enough to stir Yifan awake and he found himself nodding along as Yixing followed Jongin back to their fort. 

 

Jongin sighed contently as he pillowed his head on his father's chest and Yixing kissed his hair gently. "Good night Jongin." Yifan looked fondly at his husband as he rocked his son to sleep. Yixing lifted his head and Yifan pressed a kiss to his lips tenderly. "Sleep well my love." "Good night my Pirate King." Yixing teased before snuggling into Yifan's arms, lulled to sleep by his son's even breathing and the comforting thuds of Yifan's heart beating behind his back.