Friendzone (Rap Monster)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fangirlingoverkpop requested.... drum roll... finally a NAMJOON FIC!!! This time, you're in the friendzone ;)

~

"Dammit," Namjoon cursed as he launched a full attack on his PS4 controller, much to your amusement.

"Come on, your skills have all gone," you teased, effortlessly destroying him, your fingers sweeping across the controller, as your bestfriend struggle to no avail. Seemed all his focusing on music really had taken a few things away... such as his skills in your favourite game. Or lack of skills.

"I'll get it back together," he insisted as he focused intently.

You'd been playing for hours now. It was a routine, and you'd missed it for the last few weeks he'd been occupied... more than a friend should.

"This is good," he acknowledged, a while later as he was halfway through a headshot. "I'm warmed up now."

"Sure, sure," your eyes darted around the screen, but you were a bit more focused on how close you sat to Namjoon.

"This is the life," he popped a can with one hand as he stayed glued to the screen. "Video games and snacks. Why can't this be life?"

"Hm," your eyes didn't move from the screen - you had grown accustomed to his random deep outbursts over the years you'd been bestfriends, and you marked this as the start of one.

"We are young - this is the time to be stress free, enjoy life. Guys have it right," he nodded. "Why can't girls enjoy this too? I swear, every girlfriend I get finds this stuff boring. They just wanna shop or watch romcoms or some sh*t. Where the heck do I find a girl like this?"

You sighed, considering how he always managed to make a conversation the at much deeper. Here it went again - half way between a relationships rant and a philosophy lecture. Somehow, it still made perfect sense. And you knew where he was headed. In fact, it was the reason for your halfhearted listening.

"At the end of the day none of the drama really matters, we're all just fleeting moments. And for mine, all I want is a simple life and a simple girl, you know? Converse and jeans wearing, down to pig out and lay around all day, and chill with my life. Where is she?"

And there it was. Did he not notice you were right beside him? Or were you really so platonic to him? You couldn't decide which, as you literally checked each thing he said against yourself. You almost scoffed as you glanced down at your red converse and skinny jeans.

That's right. Your feelings for your bestfriend... were more than that of a bestfriend. The problem was, he never seemed to realise it. To him, you must've been no more than one of the guys. And despite your selfmock, it still hurt each time he'd bring up this topic.

"Who knows?" you mumbled any way, but you were put off your game. Thankfully, Namjoon jumped up to grab more snacks, leaving you to mope alone.

You leaned back on the carpet of his room, tossing the controller aside as you deliberated. How was it that you were right here, but he didn't see you? It hadn't started off that way, Namjoon had just been a friend. But as soon as you got passed that, you couldn't help but notice... you were perfect for each other. Without even trying, you fit his personality snugly, even if he never saw that way. You realised, even if he didn't, and before you knew it you had fallen into the trap that was Namjoon. Never had you ever thought you'd say this, but never was it truer.

You were in love with your bestfriend.

Trouble was, you weren't even bestfriends when you realised. You'd known for a while. But you didn't want to sabbotage anything, especially because you knew he didn't have feelings for you. None at all. But that didn't stop you from becoming the lead in your own stupid drama, as you slowly became closer and closer with your feelings always lingering.

"Yo," he flung a bag of chips at you, and you caught them quickly as he collapsed next to you.

"How's Soeun?" you decided to bring it up, linking his earlier words to her.

"Who knows," he stuffed his mouth, not even surprised you'd deciphered this. "We broke up."

The news didn't shock you; his relationships never really lasted long. And somehow, you didn't think it bothered him.

"Want me to talk to her?"

"Nah," he lay down too. "It's over. I don't know what she wants from me."

"Okay," you shrugged, staring at the ceiling. "If you're sure."

"I am," he turned to look at you. "I just wish they would grow up, you know? Why is there no one else on our wavelength?"

Whether it was his words, or his proximity, you couldn't tell. But as you turned to look at his oblivious features, you knew you really couldn't take much more.

* * * *

"I'm in the friendzone," you concluded. "And there's no way I'm escaping."

Your friend sighed as you perched on a mall bench. You weren't intent to talk about it, but whenever you did, you couldn't stop.

"I don't get it," she confessed, slouching next to you. "You're perfect for each other."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't think so," you looked around the shopping centre, packed due to the weekend buzz.

The silence stretched out as you both thought.

"Maybe I should move on," you sighed at last. "I mean, I've seen him have plenty of relationships, whilst-"

"He hasn't seen you in any."

Your conversation was cut short as your friends brother arrived, and you both turned to greet him. He was a year older than you and pretty much the most desired guy you'd ever met. You'd gotten death glares back at school simply for knowing him.

"Hey, long time no see," her brother grinned at you as you sighed. "Why so glum?"

"Boy troubles," your friend eyed him as though blaming her brother for the entire gender.

"Sorry I asked," he raised his hands as you chuckled.

"Ignore her Joonmyeon Oppa, I think we're done-"

"I forgot something," your friend bit her lip, eyes wide. "You two wait here, I'll be back."

Before you could even respond she had disappeared, leaving the two of you alone. It was so like her to be this forgetful, that you didn't even bother to follow her.

"Oh gosh," you sighed, turning to her brother.

"She could be in there for hours," her brother agreed, and you laughed as you walked. "So, how are you? Now that my sister won't bite my head off."

"I'm okay... Just..." you trailed off, biting your lip and he quickly understood. You two had never been particularly close, but he was close in age to you and you got along just fine... admittedly, before all this Namjoon stuff, you had a bit of a crush on him.

"The same," you shrugged, feeling bad for ing about your issues. He side glanced you as he walked.

"You know..." he trailed off, scanning you. "I am a guy. I might be able to help."

"Fine," you laughed at his reasoning. "It's Namjoon."

"Your friend?"

"Friend..." you bit your lip and he got it. "Kind of trapped in that label."

"Oh wow," he chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter