Chapter 2

Us, after 25 hours

5.40pm, 24hrs and 23 minutes more

"Aish, where is she?" Dongjun sat at the table waiting for Eunjae, his late girlfriend. He scrolls through his phone boredly until he recieved a message.

From: Eunjae
Im so sorry! My father told me to rush back home when I was nearing the
restaurant :'( He also told me to bring you home too. Can you come?

He got up and took the cab straight to her mansion. He knew it is going to be something serious when Chairman Kwon asked people to go home. For some reasons, he felt that something real bad is going to happen.


5.40pm, 24hrs and 23 minutes more

Jungkook wiped the curry off his cheek and smiled. "My girlfriend is the beeest!" Seolhyun gave him a disgusted look and said "ew, i have such a disgusting boyfriend" Jungkook smirked, " But you love him" Seolhyun rolled her eyes but she cant help but to smile. This idiotic boyfriend of hers. He is the only one that cared for her so much. Being an orphan, she gets really clingy to people that actually cared about her. She dont know how to live without Jungkook. Seolhyun sighed. She know that just a few hours later, they will be no longer together. He is going to marry someone else that is not her.

Flashback

"Seolhyun ah, are you free? Can you please meet me at the nearby cafe?" Mrs Jeon called her. "Oh, sure! I will be there in 10minutes!" Seolhyun cheerfully replied. Mrs Jeon is like a mother to Seolhyun. She cared for her like she is her daughter. When she reached, Mrs Jeon quickly walked up to Seolhyun and hugged her. "Hello, my dear." Seolhyun was a little confused. Why is she greeting her like that? But she shook it off and greeted Mrs Jeon as usual. "Why did you want to meet me?" She asked curiously. Mrs Jeon had an apologetic look on her face and hesitated a little before telling her the hard, sad truth. "Um, Seolhyun ah, you see, I really like you. I love you like my own daughter. You are so pretty and so respectful. I just want to tell you that, I really really love you. Jungkook loves you too. You changed him and i am very thankful for that. I-I, im" "Why? Why are you telling me this?" Seolhyun got really curious. Her big curious eyes tried to search for clues. "Seolhyun, I-im sorry. Im sorry. Im sorry." Tears started gathering in Mrs Jeon's eyes. Seolhyun began to panic. What is this? "Can you, break up with Jungkook?" Seolhyun freezed. What? Seolhyun slowly lift up her eyes to meet Mrs Jeon's. "What?" Mrs Jeon cant help but to look away. She didnt want to break her heart. "J-jungkook, he is going to marry Kwon Corp.'s heiress, Kim Eunjae." Seolhyun's heart dropped and shattered into pieces. "Why?" She asked quietly, almost not audible. But Mrs Jeon heard it. "It sounds really selfish but, our company is in big debt. Kwon Corp. is the only hope for us." Seolhyun nodded with tears rolling down her cheeks. Who is she after all? She is just an orphan. No family, no nothing. 

"Baby? Babe." Jungkook shook her. "H-huh? Oh" Seolhyun snapped out of her thoughts. "Why are you crying?" Jungkook asked. He was worried. His baby girl is strong. Why is she crying? "N-nothing. Its nothing." Jungkook know she is lying. He is going to get to the bottom if this. His baby would not cry for nothing. "J-jungkook, can we go to somewhere else? Like alone." Seolhyun asked. She was afraid. She cant lose Jungkook. But she have to do it. She cant let the Jeon Corp. to fail just because of her, a pathetic orphan. Jungkook furrowed his brows. "Okay." They drove to the cafe. The cafe where Seolhyun was a few hours ago, with Mrs Jeon.

"Tell me. Why are you crying?" Jungkook asked sternly. "J-jungkook. I-i" Seolhyun tears started spilling. She couldnt do it. "I-i, lets, gosh i cant do this." Jungkook began to be more worried, his heart wont stop pumping, what is going on? "Jungkook, lets b-break up." She finally said it. There goes nothing. After saying that, Seolhyun cried even louder. Jungkook froze. "Wait, baby why? No why? Baby, why?!" Jungkook grabbed Seolhyun's arm and stared at Seolhyun, he wants to know the exact reason why Seolhyun is breaking up with him. They were such a loving couple just a few minutes ago. Why so sudden? "Jungkook please let go of me" Seolhyun whimpered. "No baby tell me why. Please." Jungkook pleaded while tears gathered in his eyes. He love Seolhyun so, so much. Why? It is the only question is his head. "J-jungkook, please don't make it harder for me." Tears wont stop rolling down her fragile cheeks. "Kim Seolhyun... Can you please tell me why?" A drop of tear escaped. Jungkook's heart dropped. "I-i, you will know the reason why eventually." Seolhyun pulled Jungkook's hands away from her arm and ran away. Leaving Jungkook alone in the cafe, confused and heartbroken.

Seolhyun ran to the back alley. She broke down. Leaning against the dirty brick wall, she cried. Tears spilled out. The only thing that filled her mind is Jungkook. Her first love, first kiss, first person she trusted, the first person who cared about her, Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook did so much and he meant so much to her. Just why is this happening? Oh, im just an pathetic orphan. With that, Seolhyun never hated life any much more. She hated herself, her life. 

 

Hello! Second chapter up:( Have been quite busy this year but its holidays now sooooo a chapter for you guys! Shoutout to all the 15 subs! Xoxo