Chapter 25

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st December, 2015

"Take it," Amber handed Krystal a bottle of water as she took a seat next to her at the end of the stage, swinging both of their legs mid-air. The latter gave her a brief smile and turned the cap on, finally having gulps of water down after several hours long rehearsal session for tomorrow as they were set to perform two songs, 4 walls and another song with Pet Shop Boys. Victoria was absent during this Hong Kong trip due to her filming schedule conflict back in Beijing, so they had to make sure their dance formation was still in sync as a trio.

"Ugh I wish unnie was here," Krystal said while playing with her empty bottle on her laps mindlessly. "Have you seen the outfit that we are set to wear tomorrow while performing 'What Have I Done to Deserve This'?"

"Yeah," Luna barged in and looked at the younger one questioningly, "What's wrong with that?" 

"I mean come on.." Krystal pulled both of her bandmates closer and whispered, "What have I literally done to deserve that? That outfit's hideous! They're basically straws!"

Amber broke into a hysteric laughter along with Krystal while Luna began to look at her surroundings to make sure no one did actually hear that, "Yah you'd be dead if anyone here hears this man." Amber lightly knocked Krystal's forehead before pushing herself up from her position, "Let's go get dressed and ready for our food hunting. My mind was listing down what we should eat later tonight while I was rehearsing just now, I was starving!"

As Luna soon followed suit, Krystal remained at her spot as she answered, "You guys have fun, Jessie has just checked in our hotel so I guess we'll just have our stomach filled at the hotel instead. I'm a little lazy to go out actually."

"It's okay," Amber feigned disappointment, "You're always lazy anyway." She playfully stuck her tongue out before storming down the other side of the stage as Krystal shot her a death glare. As the chatty duo was out of her sight, her attention was snatched by the text message vibration of her phone. 

Kai: Krystal?

Krystal: ???? 

Kai: I'd have to tell you something tomorrow night after the award show.

Krystal: What's that about?

Kai: You'd have to see :) have fun with your sister tonight, see you tomorrow goofball.

Krystal did not give any further second thought regarding the matter that Kai wanted to tell her tomorrow. There wasn't any secret that they kept from each other, no matter if it was regarding to their work or family or friends' matter, both of them felt extremely comfortable on telling on another and gave advices if it was applicable. Krystal had always appreciated his maturity beyond her own, despite him being childish at times. As she locked her screen and slid her phone into her joggers', she saw a familiar figure out of the corner of her eyes, making his way slowly towards her.

As much as she wanted to flee the scene, her body was stiff as a board. Top was soon joined by GD who ran after him quickly from the back, and she noticed both of their smiles vanished almost immediately after they have noticed her. As they approached her, Top avoided his gaze from her and pulled up his mouth mask which well covered more than half of his face. He had never once tried or contacted her by any means since he last dropped her that voice message months ago.

"Oh hey Krystal, how are you?" GD greeted her briefly as soon as he ascended up the stairs to the stage with Top. Top remained silent until he felt a slight nudge on his left arm by his leader.

"Hi oppa, I'm fine thanks. Just finished our rehearsal and will be heading off to the hotel in a bit." Krystal smiled momentarily while she answered, both of her eyes moving towards the direction of Top, whose gaze wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter