FINAL

Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We fought."


"Again?"


"Do you wanna listen to my problems or not?" 


"Yes Jungyeon. Right from the start." 


"Momo doesn't trust me enough. She accused me of having an affair with Mina."
I will never doubt you Jungyeon. 


"Well then, you have to tell her the truth."


"I did, but she won't believe me. I'm thinking of ending things with her. I can't be with someone that don't trust me."
That's what you said the last time you fought with Momo. You'll never break up with her Jungyeon. 


Tears rolled down Jungyeon's cheeks. I hated seeing her cry. I swear to God if Jungyeon didn't love Momo so much, I would've slaughtered her for making my Jungyeon cry. I engulfed Jungyeon in a tight hug, hoping that time would freeze so that I could be in this position with her forever. Jungyeon buried her face in my neck. No words were needed. 

 

 


Jungyeon patched things up with Momo once again. Hearing her voice over the phone telling me about how she managed to work things out with Momo was hurting me. At the same time, it made me glad since it meant that Jungyeon would be happy once again. Maybe that's what true love actually means. 

 

I decided to find myself a partner too. Maybe this would stop me from falling for Jungyeon even more knowing very well that I will never be more than a best friend to her. I started dating Mark. Mark was a player and so when I told Jungyeon that I was dating him, I had already envisioned her reaction. 

 

"Do you really love Mark?"
You're the one I truly love Jungyeon. 

"Yes I do," I lied. 

 

"Do you even know that Mark is a player? I'm pretty sure he's seeing other girls behind your back. I don't trust him, Nayeon. I don't want you hurt."
I'm already hurt Jungyeon, not because of Mark but you. 

 

"Can we please not talk about this anymore?" I tried to change the topic. 

 

"No, this concerns your well-being. I want you to break up with Mark. He's not the right one for you. A player like him shouldn't be with a nice girl like you." 
Yeah you're right, Jungyeon. You are the right one for me. 

 


"Can you please stop calling Mark a player? He makes me happy and I've finally found somebody. Shouldn't you be happy for me?" I accidentally shouted back in defence, not realising how harsh my tone was. 

 

"You've never shouted back at me before. You've changed Nayeon. Ever since you dated Mark, you've spent less time with me. And I thought we were supposed to be best friends. I guess not."
I don't want to be your best friend Jungyeon, I want to be more than that.

 

It was becoming harder and harder for me to bottle up all these frustrations. Sooner or later, I knew I was going to explode. It was just a matter of time. And that time happened to be now. 


"Hey Yoo Jungyeon you're telling me I spend less time with you? Have you ever thought about my feelings? All you ever do when we meet up is talk about Momo. I'm tired of listening to all your problems with Momo. You accuse me of changing but what about you? You've changed too Jungyeon. I was just nice enough not to point it out to you because I care about our friendship." 


"So now you're telling me it's my fault you've turned this way?"


"Yes it's all your fault Jungyeon. And I'm tired of all your . Although I hate Momo being with you since she practically just hurt you all the time, I knew you loved her and that's why I never point out my dislike for Momo. I will never have hurt you like that. You're blind Jungyeon, blinded by love. And you take me for granted. When Momo hurts you, you come crawling into my arms but when you guys are back together, you forget about me, Jungyeon. What does Momo have that I don't?"

 

"W-What are you saying Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter