Chapter 1

Smile Again

  Taehyun crossed the busy street quickly as he pulled his phone out of his front pocket. As he struggled to get a good grip on his phone, he silently cursed himself for listening to Seungyoon’s advice. He should have known that wearing jeans this tight would cause him more trouble than it was worth. What did Seungyoon even know about attracting boys? He only had a boyfriend because Mino was bullheaded enough to keep trying to initiate a relationship despite Yoon’s cluelessness. His steps slowed as his thoughts shifted to the guy he had stuffed himself into skinny jeans for- Hot chicken delivery boy.

      One night, after a very tiring composing session, he had decided to order some fried chicken from the chain store near the studio. As he waited outside YG entertainment to get his chicken and head back to the training room, he noticed someone running towards the entrance. The first thing he noticed was the indecently short shorts that the man was wearing. Normally, he would scoff at any man who thought shorts were ever an appropriate fashion choice but the man had the best legs Taehyun had ever seen. They were lean, long and smooth. His eyes scanned the legs, followed the toned torso and landed on the man’s face. He remembered thinking that it was unfair for someone to have such an attractive face AND a perfect body. The man had a prominent Adam’s apple, prominent cheekbones and his eyes… those eyes enthralled Nam Taehyun.

         As he stared at him from his spot near the entrance, his phone startled him “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..” . “I swear I’m going to kill Mino when I see him again” He muttered as he fumbled with his phone in an attempt to get it to stop ringing. He looked up and saw the hot guy looking at him interestedly. At that moment, Taehyun was more embarrassed than he had ever been in his life. Yup, this trumped that time when YG laughed at him when he did a knee slide during his audition. He finally pressed the accept button and lifted the phone to his ears “Hello”. Out of the side of his eye, he could see the hot stranger’s face morph into a surprised expression as he started speaking. “Hi! I’m here with your delivery from Chicken Chohta”. He waved at Taehyun and began walking towards him quickly. “You can put down your phone now. I’m sorry I just have the fried chicken. I don’t think you ordered any milkshakes”.              

       Taehyun cringed as he remembered how Mino had managed to embarrass him even though he was over a hundred miles away. He tried to hide his reddened face as he punctuated his response to the delivery boy with an eye roll “Haha. That’s very funny. I am so amused. Can I have my chicken now please?”. “Wow. You really can’t take a joke huh? Here” The delivery boy handed Taehyun a paper bag “It’s 10,000 won”. The bag smelled heavenly. Taehyun willed his stomach not to rumble as he handed the man the money. He had embarrassed himself enough “Thank you”. As he began to walk away, he could hear the delivery boy yell “Anything for someone as pretty as you!”. Taehyun let a smile spread over his face and let himself into the building.

Suddenly, his day didn’t seem so daunting anymore.