Forgetting All My Senses

Nice Meeting You

"What is your ideal type?", the woman asked. 

The Ark was doing their first magazine shoot and interview for Elle. They were going to be featured for next month's cover. They all sat down on a couch across from the lady interviewing them. She had just asked all the standard questions that every idol gets when making a comeback but now it was time to get personal. Yuna hadn't given the question much thought. As long as the guy was nice and caring that was all she needed. Looks didn't matter to her but it did help. Yuna was spacing out so much she didn't realize it was her turn to answer. Yujin nudged Yuna with her elbow. 

"Oh, sorry. As long as he's kind that's all that really matters.", Yuna said confidently. The interviewer looked at Yuna, unsatisfied with her answer. 

"Could you be more specific? What does your ideal type look like?"

"Well, it would nice if his eyes sparkled. Kinda of like a deer? Also a infectious smile and really sharp, defined facial features.", Yuna added in as the rest of the girls giggled at her. The interviewer wrote down Yuna's words happily as she asked the next question.

"Any idols you would like to collaborate with in the future?"

"We would like to work with idols that we all fans of. We are all fans of IU so it would be amazing to work with her.", Minju responded. 

"We are also fans of Got7 so we would like to work with them too.", Jane added. As Jane said that Yuna thought about when they'll see them again. It was as if it was fate or a poorly written fanfiction had brought the two groups together. Yuna remembered JB's words the day of the commercial shoot and smiled to herself.

"Thank you for the interview girls!", the lady stood up as she shook their hands. The Ark stood up and bowed.

"No, thank you.", Minju replied. 

"Don't forget about the party tonight!", the lady reminded them. Elle was having a winter celebration at a secret location. Elle wanted to have a small get-together of its staff and idols to relax. That meant no reporters, no cameramen, no media. The only people that knew about the party were the people invited. So far nobody had leaked any information about the party and hopefully it stayed that way. The Ark was ready for a break and to party. The girls headed to their dorm to get changed. Yuna decided to wear her light blue lace dress with black boots. As Yuna was putting her hair in a bun she felt that she was missing something.

"You look so pretty!", Jane said as she came out of the bathroom with pink curlers all over her head. 

"Really? I feel like I need something else for my oufit."

"Hm.....Oh! I know!", Jane grabbed Yuna and led her to Halla's room. 

"Halla unni! Can Yuna borrow your shawl?", Jane asked with a pout on her face. 

"Sure! It will look great with your oufit.", Halla shuffled through her drawers. She pulled out the shawl and placed it on Yuna's shoulders. Jane and Halla squealed in approval. 

"What's going on? I heard a squealing.", Yujin poked her head into the room. She gasped as she saw Yuna. Minju came in to see what was all the commotion. 

"Oh! You look so cute!", Minju said as she was pinching her cheeks. 

"Thank you.", Yuna said as best as she could with Minju stretching her face. Yuna was flattered by their compliments. She was never comfortable in her own skin but ever since she joined The Ark that was starting to change. With everyone in the same room they decided to get each other's opinion on their oufits and make up. The Ark started shouting questions to which no one was answering. 

"Should I wear these shoes or the ones I'm wearing?"

"Do I look okay in this dress? Or should I change?"

"Can I borrow your earrings?"

"Where did I put that necklace?"

"Is this too much lipstick?"

The Ark got into the van and headed to the party. It took a while to get to the location. The van was driving on a dirt path through a heavily wooded forest. It was starting to get dark outside.

"Are we almost there?", Yujin asked holding onto Yuna's arm.

"Where is the party at exactly?", Minju asked their manager who was driving.

"It's a secluded area. That's all I know. I tried looking up address but nothing showed up. The lady at Elle told me to follow the directions on the invitations and we should get there.", their manger replied. The Ark was getting anxious.

"I feel like we're in a horror movie.", Jane said uneasily.

"Yah! Don't say that!", Halla said whining. The van finally turned and the girls' jaws drop. A white mansion was now before them. It was at least three stories and took up an acre of land. A glowing water fountain was in front of it with beautiful sculptured bushes that were covered in snow. The van pulled up to the gate and the manager pressed the button on the intercom. 

"State your name and business.", a gruff male voice spoke from the speaker. 

"The Ark and we are here for the party."

The gate opened and the van pulled up to the marble walkway.

"Have fun and be safe! Call me when you want to be picked up or if there's an emergency!", their manager said apprehensively. The Ark waved goodbye as the van drove away. The girls followed the walkway to the stairs that led to the front doors. Two men stood posted in front of either side of the doors. They bowed as they opened the double doors. A wave of warmth came over The Ark. Music and chatter permeated the house. Beautiful gowns and suits were accentuated under the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. There was a huge buffet table and servers walking around with horderves. A mini bar with a bartender skillfully doing tricks. A jazz band was playing from the second floor. A fire place with a crowd of people sitting on lavish sofas. The Ark stepped onto the red carpeted floor of the house. 

"What do we do now?", Jane asked with wide open. Just as she said that a lady emerged from the third floor. She was stunning wearing her red full length ball gown.

"May I have your attention?", the lady's sultry voice resonated through the mansion. All was silent and all eyes were on her.

"Thank you for coming to Elle's First Annual Winter Celebration! For those who might not know me I am Kang Julia Juyeon, editor in chief of Elle in Korea. I have decided to open up my home to you tonight to welcome in the new season and to give you all a much deserved break. We at Elle applaud each and everyone of you for your hard work and dedication to your work. In order to have a night of rest and relaxation Elle has kept the confidentiality of this party. We hope all of you have done so as well and will continue to do so in the future. We want to make this a tradition but we will need your help. Please do not post any pictures or information about the party on social media. Do not speak about this party in public. Do not tell anyone that is not present tonight about the party. If you follow these rules then there will be more fun to come. Other than that, enjoy yourselves! Explore the property! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask any of the catering staff for assistance. Remember this is all for you! Thank you!"

Everybody clapped and bowed in respect for the kind hostess. Once Julia was out of sight the party resumed. The Ark was still clueless on what they should do.

"Well, where should we start?", Minju asked.

"I want to go to the buffet! Come on!", Jane said ready to pounce onto the chocolate fountain. She grabbed Yuna's wrist and dragged her to the table.  

"I kinda want to walk around and explore.", Halla said meekly.

"I'll go with you!", Minju said putting her arm through Halla's.

"Me too!", Yujin said grabbing onto Halla.

Jane and Yuna were eating an assortment of fancy desserts and entrees. They stuffed their faces with the decadent food like there was no tomorrow. As they were eating f(x) came by and sat with them. They greeted each other and started making small talk. Yujin, Halla, and Minju happened to run into EXO and caught up with them. After talking to the respective groups the girls regrouped.

"You'll never guess who we just met!", Jane said bouncing from excitement and the sugar rush.

"We got to see EXO again!.", Halla said beaming.

"We got to talk to f(x). They said they're a fan of ours!", said Yuna. The band suddenly started playing a sweet ragtime song but no one was dancing. In fact ever since The Ark arrived they hadn't seen anyone dancing. Yuna was tapping her foot to the beat. Yuna saw others grooving to the song but too shy to dance.

"This is such a good song!", Yujin exclaimed. Yuna took a hold of Yujin's hand and led her to the center of the room. Only the two of them stood there. 

"What are you doing?", Yujin loudly whispered. Yuna twirled Yujin around and started swaying to the music. The two were now dancing and laughing together. In a heartbeat Jane was now on the dance floor with Minju. Everybody was staring at them. Murmurs and giggles were now filling the room. Slowly the dance floor became filled with people. Then people were dancing on all the floors and even on the staircases. Now the cheering and hollering was louder than the music. Halla watched from the sidelines. The girls were already paired off together so she had nobody to dance with. But she was still happy now that everyone was dancing comfortably. She watched her members doing awfully cheesey dance moves in endearment. She was so entranced she didn't realize the boy standing infront of her.

"Excuse me?"

Halla looked to see a handsome young man in a tuxedo.

"Would you like to dance with me?", Jungkook asked nervously. Halla was in shock for a moment. She glanced onto the dance floor to see the members of BTS nodding their heads yes and giving her the thumbs up. Halla glanced back at Jungkook. He was smiling, shyly holding out his hand for Halla to take.

"I'd love to.", Halla said dazed. She took his hand and was led onto the dance floor. The rest of the girls were gaping at the scene.

"Looks like Halla gonna have a memorable night!", Yuna said over her shoulder. After a couple of songs, Yuna was all danced out. She decided to take a break. She headed towards one of the couches by the fireplace. The heat from the fire didn't help the stuffiness Yuna was feeling from the room. She walked to the backdoor that led outside. She opened the door and the bitter cool air hit her. As she stepped onto the fresh powered snow she was breathing in the fresh air. A little ways away she could make out a gazebo and a frozen pond. Without thinking she started walking towards it.