Chapter 1: He was there when I almost fall on the ground.

Hero

Work's over. At last. I can go to my apartment now and take a rest. I rubbed my eyes, feeling sleepy because of tiredness. After saving the document, I grabbed my pursed and left the office. Since my workplace is only blocks away from my apartment, I don't take cabs or buses and walk instead. The cold breeze hit  my bare arms. Damn. Why do I need to forgot my cardigan at home? Sighing, I hugged myself as I continue to walk with double speed now or else I'll end up catching a cold tonight. I'm in rush, to the point that I didn't notice my shoelaces were untied. I accidentally stepped on it, getting tripped. I shut my eyes tightly, preparing myself to meet the cold ground but instead, I land on something... comfortable. It took a bit longer when I realized that it's a chest, someone's chest. His arms were around my petite waist, securing me. I opened my eyes to confirm what's going on and a gray fabric welcomed my eyesight.

"Shoelace." The man said. I saw his chest moving up and down as he breath some oxygen. He slowly retreated and got down, bending infront of me.

"It's because your shoelace were untied." The stranger man said, picking up those black shoelaces of mine and tying it for me. He made sure that it's perfectly tied before looking up to me, meeting my gaze. I was confused at everything, not knowing what to do. Heck, I can feel my cheeks burning because of embarrassment. First, he saved me. Second, I can still feel those masculine arms around my waist although it's not there anymore. Third, he tied my shoelace for me. And fourth, he's hot. The staring game is too strong that it lasted for like a minute until he broke the silence.

"I'm here now and I'll make sure to help you  everytime you need one. I can be your hero." The man said. Sincerity is the one of the emotion I can feel on his words. I can't help but to gulped a huge amount of saliva, still locking my eyes with him. I honestly don't know what to say or do at this moment. Everything's too fast and shocking. I saw him standing up from his knee, removing the dirt on his pants.

"See you around and nice to meet you, angel." He said, giving me a sweet smile before walking away from me, leaving me alone and confused at the same time at the middle of the streets.

I asked myself.

What the just happened?

-

W O R D C O U N T : 447