Chapter 20

Letters from the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rocky couldn’t stay still when he watched the building from afar, biting his lips as he saw the guards standing near the entrance. He had placed the call, executing the plan as Moon Bin had instructed him. He studied the clock near the traffic light and noted that it was 9:00 a.m. How long did he have to hold on?

His eyes flickered to the entrance when he saw a girl, whom he had never seen before, but was well informed on who she was. Quietly, he crept along the wall surrounding the building of the pharmaceutical company. After making sure he was well-hidden, he just waited as the girl turned the corner and spotted him. He motioned for her to follow him, to make sure they weren’t being spied on. When there was only the two of them in the alleyway, they crouched behind a trashcan just for extra measures.

“Go Areum, right? We got the message you left under the sink in the room both of you used to stay at. That’s a very weird place to reach out to us,” Rocky looked at the older girl, “But a genius move.”

“I just wanted to help prove Taehyung innocent. When I was offered the chance to hunt him down at the Void, I knew it was an opportunity for me to help while still being trusted by Yoo Youngjae. Even though that means making Taehyung believed that I betrayed him,” she looked down, the pain behind her eyes visible. “I guess it was just luck; I didn’t know whether my message would be read by anyone. In fact, there could be a chance it could be washed away before anyone would come to the rescue.”

“Don’t worry, we will explain everything to him,” he put out his hand, a commander on it. “But first, we have something to do.”

He summoned the screen, and the both of them huddled side by side, focusing on the pop-up window. She placed the chip on an empty space just above the keyboard, a prompt popped up, asking what she wanted to do. She typed something quickly before she read the lines on the screen one by one. She entered the Web and looked for the correct website. “Got it.” Another screen popped up and Rocky caught the words ‘broadcasting live’ on the screen. Below it was a scene in the room where the four of them were held captive.

“He’s a genius but he’s so full of himself. That’s his weakness,” Areum muttered, before typing something again. “Something is wrong with his head; he never felt guilty for what he did and thought that he was doing everyone a favour. If he wants to brag…” She typed something again, “Then let him show the whole world and let the people decide about what they think about it.”

While Areum had her head down in the room, and while Youngjae was busying himself with his new captives, she had quietly placed the small camera on the trolley, angled so that everything can be viewed, including the operating table in the middle of the room and the captives who were being held up by their hands. It was a risky move, but she had made it out of the building safely. This was a plan she had constructed; while communicating with whoever had the same mission as her –which happened to be Moon Bin and Rocky who visited the Void- through a note pasted on the bottom of the sink. She had explained every layout, every plan to make sure it goes smoothly.

Through the video, they could see every evil deed Youngjae did. Him injecting some kind of liquid int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter