Part 4

Angelic Nanny

Part 4

 

That morning Seungcheol gave Jeonghan a briefing on the layout of his house. He showed the living room, Jihoon’s bedroom, the playroom, bathroom and they ended their tour in the kitchen.

 

“So, yup. That’s it I guess.” Seungcheol clapped his hand once. He glanced at his wristwatch and his eyes widened in shock.

 

“Oh, shoot! I need to go. Are you okay if I leave you with Jihoon right now?” Seungcheol gave the new nanny a look of concern. He then glanced at his son who was attached at the nanny’s waist, refusing to let go. Well, at least the smile didn’t leave his son’s face.

 

Jeonghan smiled sweetly and shook his head.

 

“It’s okay. I’ve got this. It seems like he likes me already. Aren’t you, big boy?”Jeonghan cooed at the boy beside him. The four year-old giggled in glee as he nodded.

 

Seungcheol couldn’t help but to smile along.

 

“Alright then, if anything just call me.”

 

Jeonghan nodded in understanding. He then turned towards the boy beside him.

 

“Jihoon-ah, daddy is going to work. Aren’t you going to give him his goodbye kiss?”

 

Jihoon left his nanny’s side and ran towards his dad. Seungcheol crouched a bit and caught his son in a tight embrace. Jihoon gave his daddy a kiss on the cheek and Seungcheol did the same.

 

“You’re going to be good, right?”

 

Jihoon nodded his head. Seungcheol smiled as he gave another peck on his son’s fluffy cheek before releasing the boy.

 

“Okay then. I’ll go first.”

 

Seungcheol waved towards the two as he opened the door. Jihoon sent his father out with a cheery ‘Byebye daddy! I love you!’ in which Seungcheol chuckled and replied back ‘I love you too’. Once the door closed, Jihoon turned towards his new nanny.

 

“So, it’s only us now. What do you want for breakfast, Jihoonie?”

 

“Can we have pancake with strawberry and cream?” There was a hopeful glint in the boy’s eyes. Jeonghan smiled cheerily and clapped his hand.

 

“Okay! Pancake it is then.”

 


 

It was past 9 p.m. but then there’s no sign of Seungcheol coming home from work. Jeonghan put Seungcheol’s dinner in the fridge so that the latter would eat some later when he gets back. After bathing the four-year old, Jeonghan brought the boy into his bedroom and tucked the boy in. Jihoon requested that Jeonghan would lie beside him and tell him a bedtime story, and so what Jeonghan did.

 

It was halfway through the ‘Beauty and the Beast’ story-telling when Jihoon suddenly got up from his bed and opened the drawer beside him to retrieve something. It was a picture. Jeonghan paused his story-telling, curious of the person inside that piece of photograph.

 

“Oh, who is this Jihoonie? He’s so pretty.” Jeonghan asked the little boy. He eyes couldn’t leave the image of the angelic figure inside the picture.

 

“It’s mommy. He’s pretty, isn’t he?” Jihoon smiled as he showed the picture to Jeonghan. Jeonghan took the picture and admire the person in it.

 

“Yes, he is. He’s beautiful, angelic even.”

 

Jihoon nodded.

 

“That’s what daddy said too. But he said sometimes mommy could be a diva. What’s a diva anyway?” 

 

Jeonghan burst out laughing as he heard the innocent comment from the four-year old. Jihoon looks adorable tilting his head in confusion that way, seemingly oblivious on what’s so funny about the things he said.

 

“Oh, Jihoonie. I think it’s better if you asked your daddy personally. Now why don’t we go to sleep? It’s late already.” Jeonghan patted the boy’s head. Jihoon just shrugged. He could ask his that anytime anyway.

 

“Can you sing a lullaby for me?”

 

Jeonghan smiled as he whispered out a ‘Sure’ before kissing the boy’s forehead. He adjusted his position so that he was facing the boy. His hand patted the boy gently as he started to sing.

 

Along with the lights that turn off one by one

The hope in my heart disappears slowly as well

 

In this world where everything has stopped

When I feel like I’m alone, I think of you

 

Jihoon hummed in contents as he heard the angelic voice. His eyes were getting heavier each second.

 

You protected me in this sad darkness

When you smiled brightly

Because of you, I’m here

I will protect all of you

 

Jeeonghan smiled as he heard the boy’s breathing were getting steadier as he sang each part. Jihoon was already in dreamland.

 

Forever with you, With you With you With you

I’ll be by your side until always

 

Forever with you, With you With you With you

You’re not alone

Hold my hand

I’ll be with you

 

Jeonghan carefully released the picture from Jihoon grasp. His eyes caught the writing on the back of the picture.

 

 

Choi Minki

 

Jeonghan put the photo on the side table. He gave a peck on the boy’s chubby cheek before continuing lying down beside the boy and patted the boy.

 

“Sweet dream, Jihoonie.”

 

Jeonghan felt his eyes were getting heavier. The next thing he knew, he was off to dreamland along with the sweet little angel.

 


 

“I’m back...”

 

Seungcheol tiredly greeted even though he knew no one would welcome him home at this hour. It was 11 p.m. and the house was deaf silent. He proceeded to remove his shoes and went to the kitchen for some water. The young dad then walked to his room before stopping halfway in front of Jihoon’s room. The door was left ajar. Seungcheol went to check on his son and the view that greeted him washed away all his tiredness. The dim light located on the side table provided enough for Seungcheol to see the two figures cuddling with each other, lost in dreamland. Seungcheol smiled as he walked carefully towards the two so that he won’t woke up any of them. He grabbed the blanket and cover both sleeping figures with the warm quilt.

 

“Goodnight.” Seungcheol whispered. He proceeded to the side table to turn off the light but then his eyes caught the ever so familiar photo. The picked it up and his lips unconsciously formed a smile.

 

“Our Jihoonie is a big boy now...” his voice came out as a whisper. He put the photo back on top of the table before switching off the light. Seungcheol padded his way out of the room and closed the door gently.

 

Now he needs to wash up and go to bed. He smelt like skunk anyway.

 

 

 

 

a.n:

Hi there. here's another chappie for this. The lullaby song that I used in this chap is 'With You' by B.A.P. If you haven't heard it yet, then go try it out. It's a good song with a deep meaningful meaning. I felt like tearing up everytime I hear this wonderful piece. And yup, the real mommy is our pretty little Ren from Nuest! I guess some of you had already anticipate that. Now, enjoy your reading!

 

Don't forget to comment <3