Chapter 47 (Jessica's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'History tends to repeat itself'. These five words that my twin sister said lingered on my mind later that day. Even if I showed them a relaxed version of myself when Sooyeon raised her concern regarding the accident that we've been involved with, a part of me became rumbled at the thought of going back to Italy. A few years back, when I visited that foreign land to check the sales of our wine company, I never spared a minute to see the vineyard. I assumed that if I'll see it again and stand there in the middle of the farm, I will be consumed with overwhelming fear. Because as long as I remember, I was too scared to see my own body lying lifelessly in a hospital bed. Too scared to the extent that my ghost became more pallid than it already is. Being a wandering soul possessing my sister's body, looking for a way to continue living and finding the answer to a question that is unknown - it's not easy at all.

"Are you okay?" That question and a kiss on my exposed shoulder tore my attention away from the extraordinary, supernatural type of situation I've been in. I tipped my head to the side to look at the clock sitting on my nightstand. It's ten minutes past midnight. Time passed by so fast I barely noticed I've been spacing out for three hours.

"I'm sorry to disturb your sleep," I said to my wife as I gently ran my thumb on her pink flesh, tracing her lips that I always love to kiss. Silence followed afterwards while we were staring at each other's orbs, conversing without the need for words to be said. "I'm just thinking about Sooyeon's concern. That thing about me going back to our house in Italy years after the car accident. Reflecting on it, it made me scared of the memory I have there Yoona."

Yoona hushed me and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "It's not going to happen again, Sica. The fact that you survived death twice only means that you're going to live longer. We'll be together for a long time. You, me and our son. What happened to you was only a challenge. You passed so it's never going to happen again, not even to Sooyeon. So stop being worried okay?"

I briefly nodded at her advise and then allowed myself to calm down through the comforting warmth of her embrace. When I woke up, the sun is already high up in the sky. My family's laughter can be heard in my room because of the open door leading to the balcony. They're all present at the maze garden playing hide and seek. A soft chuckle escaped my mouth while looking at them. The adults certainly looked like they're having regression for the sake of making our kids enjoy this precious family bonding.

"Base! You're the new seeker mommy! You're the first person that I found," the energetic Min Seo said to her mother. She's jumping with joy because she succeeded in her task as the seeker. However, Sooyeon grimaced at what her daughter said. She hates being the seeker because she doesn't like running when the reason for her to do so is not chasing the bully me and Soojung.

"Can we just play another game or do some other things like watching a movie? We've been playing hide and seek for an hour. It's scorching hot! I feel like I'm going to have a first degree burn if we will not get some shade right now."

Min Seo thumped her feet in protest to what my sister said. "It's not fair mommy!" she countered in a Sooyeon style. "I've been the seeker for three consecutive times but I did not complain. Come on. Play fair mommy."

Even with Min's complaints, Sooyeon still refused to continue the game. They all went to the kitchen afterwards and drank water like they're going to eat the whole glass because of too much thirst. When Jin Seo saw me ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter