Chapter 36

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 36

 

Hyeona listened in closely from the hallway with her back pressed to the wall. Her head shifted slightly to hear better. She made sure she wasn’t seen in sight. 

 

“Hyeona did this to me.” 

 

“Why are you so against her?” She heard Jiyong asked. “I know her and Hyeona would never do anything hurt you.” 

 

Hyeona’s lip tugged upward. She wish she could see the look on Eunju’s face right now. The hurt in her eyes, Hyeona could only imagine. 

 

“Jiyong...” That heartbreaking tone was enlightening to Hyeona’s ears. 

 

“Enough,” Jiyong coldly spat out. 

 

A heartbreaking cry emitted from Eunju’s lips. “Jiyong, you’re breaking my heart. Get out! Get out! I can no longer look at you! Don’t let me see your face!” 

 

“Mother... the doctor will be here—“ 

 

“I would rather die!” Eunju cried. “Get out!” 

 

Hyeona smiled happily back into her room. She tossed herself onto the bed staring up at the ceiling with her smile from ear to ear. Her heart was beating fast from the happiness building up inside her. 

 

Her work wasn’t going to end here. Hyeona knew she had to finish the job. Eunju needed to disappear if the Kwon family fortune would ever be in her hands. 

 

Hours passed and Hyeona lied awake. The doctor had stopped by in the late of night. As quickly as he came, he left just as quick. Hyeona waited a moment longer. She stepped out of her room. Her deer took her to the foot of Eunju’s door. She entered the bedroom, stalking around the bedside. 

 

Eunju had the blanket covering her body. The doctor must’ve gave her some medication to ease her pain. 

 

“You would rather die?” Hyeona asked. “How terrible of a daughter would I be if I don’t grant you your wish, Mother?” 

 

Her fingers clutched at the pillow, placing into both her hands. She hovered above the covered body before pressing all her weight above it. 

 

There was something strange that threw Hyeona off guard. The body was strong and had thrown her off the bed. Hyeona hit the floor with a thud still holding onto the pillow. She crawled away, stumbling to get to her feet. When she saw the person stand from the bed, her face was full of fear. 

 

“Ji—Jiyong?” Hyeona stuttered unable to grasp onto reality at the moment. The pillow slipped from her between her hands and fell at her feet. “Jiyong...” 

 

“What were you planning to do?” Jiyong asked. There was anger laced in his words. He removed himself from the bed, throwing the comforter aside. His body walked around the bed, stalking Hyeona with his eyes which were darkening with much anger. 

 

Hyeona trembled, backing up with every step Jiyong took towards her. “Jiyong, please I can explain.” 

 

“Explain what?!” 

 

Hyeona screamed from his outburst. Jiyong never shouted at her before. This was the first time she’s seen his anger towards her. It was terrifying because now Hyeona knows she’s just lost everything. 

 

“You tried to kill my mother,” Jiyong scoffed. 

 

“She was never going to let us be together,” Hyeona tried to plead with Jiyong but this time it seems Jiyong would not be on her side. 

 

“How could you?!” 

 

Hyeona turned her head to the side, biting the inside of her cheek. Her breathing became hard as she thought of a way to keep Jiyong in her web of lies. 

 

“I love you, Jiyong,” Hyeona whispered. “Please, I only wanted us to be together.” 

 

Jiyong’s hands gripped onto both of Hyeona’s shoulders. He forced her to look at him. 

 

“Was it all a lie?” Jiyong asked. “Was it?!” 

 

If this was how it was going to end, Hyeona decided she’d drop the act now. Her body stopped trembling from fear. Her sad teary eyes turned cold. Her lips curved into a devious smirk. 

 

Jiyong noticed the quick change in Hyeona’s expression. His grip on her loosened as he felt paralyzed by what was happening. 

 

Hyeona pushed Jiyong off of her harshly. “Do you think I would go this far for us not to be together in the end?” Hyeona laughed bitterly. “Your heart isn’t even mine anymore, Jiyong! You have the audacity to ask me if I’m lying?!” 

 

“Get out,” Jiyong said with much disgust. 

 

Hyeona clung onto him, forcing him to face her. “You can still love me,” Hyeona said. “We can run away. Just us two. I promise.” 

 

“You’re right, you can’t hold my heart anymore.” 

 

“Jiyong!” Hyeona shouted. Her fists pounded at his chest. “I hate you! I hate you!” 

 

The two fought and struggled against each other. Hyeona couldn’t stop her anger. This wasn’t how it was suppose to be. 

 

“Hyeona, stop!” 

 

“I hate you!” 

 

Jiyong dragged Hyeona outside. He pushed her away with much strength. Hyeona turned around. There was hurt in those angered eyes but Jiyong was no longer in the siren’s trance. His eyes didn’t falter from hers. “I don’t want to see your face again. Consider this my mercy for you.” 

 

“You’ll regret letting me go,” Hyeona warned as Jiyong turned his back to her. “You all will!” Hyeona sobbed, holding onto that one little bit of hope that Jiyong would forgive her. That he would still be able to love her. Jiyong didn’t return. Hyeona wiped away her tears, gritting her teeth. She turned away from the Kwon Mansion with much vengeance in her heart. 

 

It was over for her. 

 

***

 

Jiyong returned inside the mansion after the commotion he had been through. The first place he went to was his bedroom where he placed his mother. 

 

“Hyeona did this to me.” 

 

Jiyong placed a finger to his lips. Eunju’s expression turned into that of confusion. Jiyong tilted his head toward the door. He tapped on his ear then placed his finger on his lips again. 

 

Eunju nodded understanding the silent message. 

 

“Why are you so against her?” Jiyong asked. He placed a hand onto his mother’s cheek, caressing her with much love. His eyes began tearing up but he held it together so his voice wouldn’t falter. “I know her and Hyeona would never do anything hurt you.” 

 

That last line hurt to say because Jiyong didn’t know if it was true or not. Not anymore at least. 

 

“Jiyong...” His mother squeezed his hand lightly. 

 

“Enough,” Jiyong coldly spat out. He hated how he had to speak so harshly to his mother. 

 

Eunju’s lips curled into a heartbreaking bitter sweet smile. “Jiyong, you’re breaking my heart. Get out! Get out! I can no longer look at you! Don’t let me see your face!” 

 

“Mother... the doctor will be here—“ 

 

“I would rather die!” Eunju cried. “Get out!” 

 

“She’s gone,” Jiyong assured his mother. “How did this happen?” He wiped her tears away with a brush of his thumb. “Mother, I am so sorry.”

 

“Jiyong,” Eunju cried. “Hyeona is dangerous. Something isn’t right with her. You must be careful.” 

 

Jiyong nodded. He couldn’t take a chance. Hyeona, the woman he thought he knew, hurt his mother. He didn’t want to believe it but if it was true, he would have to catch her before she takes it too far. 

 

“I need to protect you. The doctor will be here soon. Don’t worry about me.” 

 

“Are you alright?” Eunju asked trying to crawl out of the bed. 

 

Jiyong didn’t say anything. He just hugged his mother tightly. 

 

“What happened? Did she hurt you?” 

 

Jiyong shook his head. His tears had stopped falling a long time ago. He wouldn’t cry for Hyeona anymore. 

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong,” Eunju sobbed. “I know you loved her.” 

 

Jiyong felt sorry for himself. Not only did his heart get torn apart again by the same woman twice. He tore his own heart by hurting the woman he truly loves. 

 

Hyuna. 

 

***

 

When morning came Jiyong went to the hospital first thing. There was a bouquet of red roses in his hands. He wanted to see Hyuna. 

 

When he got to her assigned room, Jiyong was surprised that the hospital room was empty. The bed was cleaned. The pillow was placed perfectly and the blankets were folded neatly. It was as if this room never held a patient. 

 

Jiyong stepped out, looking around confused. He was sure this was Hyuna’s room. He assumed that Hyuna was perhaps moved to a different room. 

 

“Excuse me,” Jiyong asked.

 

“Just a moment sir,” the nurse replied. 

 

“What are you doing here?” 

 

Jiyong recognized the voice. His body turned to face the female. He bowed politely. “Sohyun.” He looked up at the man beside her. “Mr. Kim.” 

 

“You’re hear to visit Hyuna?” Seungsung asked. 

 

“Yes,” Jiyong replied. “I was sure that this was her room, however when I came to see her, she wasn’t there.” 

 

Sohyun’s eyes widened. “What did you say? Hyuna’s not in there?” Sohyun rushed into the empty room with Seungsung following behind. 

 

Jiyong watched with confusion and worry began creeping up inside him. He felt his heart dropping and the feeling wouldn’t leave him alone. 

 

Sohyun rushed out when what was said turned out to be true. “Where is she? She was here just last night.” 

 

“We’ll ask, honey,” Seungsung assured. Seungsung came up to the desk. “Excuse me, where is my daughter?” 

 

“Please sir, I’ll be with you in just a moment.” 

 

Jiyong looked around. At the end of the hall he saw a familiar face approaching talking among her fellow peers. “Gayoon!” 

 

Gayoon looked up at the call of her name. Jiyong, Sohyun and Seungsung all ran up to her. 

 

“Gayoon, where is Hyuna?” Jiyong asked. 

 

Gayoon was just as confused as the rest of them. She looked quite surprised when asked that question. 

 

“Hyuna should be in her room.” 

 

“She’s not there,” Sohyun said. 

 

Gayoon shook her head. “That’s impossible.” Gayoon rushed over to the front desk while the three followed. “Where is Kim Hyuna?” 

 

“Kim Hyuna?” 

 

“Yes. Kim Hyuna.” 

 

“Kim Hyuna was taken off life support last night.” 

 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. Will probably have to rewrite a bit but I didn’t want to keep you waiting any longer. Almost near the end of this story.