Chapter 8

Hide and Seek

Hands cupping Minjee’s face, she looks up, frozen. She swallows as she instantly closes her eyes and crinkled her face up like a ball, completely embarrassed by what just happened 5 minutes, luckily the girls toilets was close to the music room. One blink, “what just happened?”, two blinks, “did he-?”, three blinks, “my first-” caressing her kissed lips, with her eyes still staring in outer space. Minjee in seconds snaps out of it and whines as she tugs her lower lip down in frustration.

“I DON’T UNDERSTAND” kicking her legs on the floor like a little toddler as she sits against the toilet stall. The whole moment was on repeat, the touch of Eunwoo’s fingers, the touch of his lips… and the voices of the guys spying on them the whole time. They were not subtle; Minjee was able to hear them before Eunwoo kissed her and herd them when they ran away moments before the two of them walked out.

And now, she has to face them all, the gossiper, the kisser… and.. just the witnesses in general..yeah. She continues to contemplate about camping in the girls’ toilets all day until the guys leave, but to her luck the bell chimes. Minjee sighs and forces herself off the floor, giving herself one final glance in the mirror before exiting.

As she walks past the windows of her classroom she peeks from the corner of her eye watching the three guys already in their seats. Minjee clenches a fist at the sight of them, not out of hate but she was anxious on what they will do when they see her. They acted as their same old selves, Rocky and MJ that it, Moonbin was motionless and emotionless. He stared straight ahead at the blackboard, completely ignoring the guys mucking around next to him, without the help of music to block them out.

A simple glimpse of Minjee grew MJ’s laugh as she approaches.

“How was lunch? You seemed a bit busy so I want to know how it was” he grins maliciously, Minjee scoffed at how quickly he shot the gun,

“As with you, well… that’s probably the only action you get anyway while watching” Rocky laughed, he always enjoys MJ and Minjee’s back and forth banter.

Moonbin remained mute, stuck in between the two bickering.

The teacher walked in and Minjee stopped instantly as it was the same teacher that got her the detention last time, and MJ is the last person she’s going to want to send the afternoon alone with. Minjee looked down to her left, trying to sneak a glimpse of Moonbin who still hasn’t bothered to look at her direction once yet.

…But why? Why is the question running through her mind. He’s a playboy, he should be flirting with another girl by now, right? She looks back up to the teacher and sinks in her seat as she gently rubs her lower lip, wondering if that’s the real reason why.

Class finishes, the guys get up to meet up with the others next door, “let’s get going” but Moonbin didn’t budge.

“I don’t want to go” MJ and Rocky eye each over while squeezing through Moonbin’s chair without questioning it, “let’s go, Minjee” Rocky says as he removes one of Minjee’s earphones.

“Hm, oh uh let me finish this first then I’ll meet up with you guys” pivots herself to the guys as the rest of the students slowly clear the room out.

Moonbin closes his eyes and presses his lips together, after realising he’s going to be alone with Minjee who he was planning on avoiding in the first place. Minjee watches the guys off with her body still acing Moonbin. Slowly she shifts her gaze to him who was staring out the window, hiding his face away.

She can’t help it, maybe it became a habit of him annoying her that now he’s not… she doesn’t know. Well, she’s not naïve, but with situations like this she tries to be, so that she can ignore it.

 “You’re not going?”..

“No”

“…fair enough” Minjee slowly pivots back to finish up her last bit of notes with her earphones out. Minjee swallows, feeling an itchy sensation in , and let out a loud cough. Moonbin quickly turned his head to only stop half way and let his eyes do the rest.

 She searched for her water bottle in her bag while still trying to clear . His head slow moves back to the window as he resists.

“Are you still sick?” he asked blunt, Minjee removes the bottle from , feeling more at ease.

“No… It was just an itch…”

Moonbin got up from his seat ready to leave to go an get some air, his head felt like it was all over the place. With hands in pockets and no eye contact, he leaves, pressing his lips together.

Minjee sighs, he even left without saying anything. Minjee had to shake it off, there’s nothing for her to do if the person won’t even try to communicate. She placed her bottle on the corner of her desk and stupidly knocking it with her other arm all over her book.

“NO no no no no no no no” she quickly stands and tries to dab it dry with the bottom of her school shirt as her instinct to save her work. Minjee pleased to herself, hands shaking, she doesn’t want to spend her studying time to rewrite her unreadable work.

Cursing under his breath, Moonbin runs back after hearing the water spill, he snatches Minjee’s and tugs it close to him away from the book to stop her from potentially damaging her school shirt. He glared into Minjee’s eyes before walking over to Rocky’s back where he stashes of tissues were hidden in his front pocket and started blotting the pages dry.

Minjee held the hand Moonbin grabbed and stayed standing in the same spot as she watched Moonbin helping.

“Idiot” he said as he continues to dry her book

“…I’m not an idiot”

“You’re an idiot for letting a guy kiss you” Minjee looked up at him. So it was true… they remained in silence, Moonbin stopped after realising the words he uttered. Wide eyes, Minjee opens , “wh-”

“You know” he stands, aligns his back, “why don’t you just call your boyfriend to help you, since I have no right to anyway, anymore” Moonbin tosses the tissues onto her desk before completely walking out. With deep breaths, Minjee collapses into her seat, weak by the moment that just flashes before her eyes.

 

Comment/Subscribe/Upvote :)

 

Thank you~