Mind Tricks

Mind Tricks

Mind tricks

 

It was already 10PM, when lights suddenly went off. It wasn’t usual in Seoul, capital of Korea, so many young kids were pretty scared. Nonetheless, it amazed older peole as well, specially because there wasn’t electrycity even in the city centre.

 

“What… happened?” asked Jay, trying to understand the situation. Perhaps their lamp had broken? He told his theory to another band member.

 

“Nope, TV is blank too. Electrycity went off,” said Injoon, with a little worry in his tone. He had been watching too many action films recently. And usually in this kind of situations something blew up or…

 

“Jay? Injoon? There is darkness outside, too,” told Hyunmin who had been in his own room. “Anyway, I think there is nothing to worry about.”

 

“Yeah, hopefully…” Jay doubted, because Injoon was quiet and he somehow had feeling that the older one knew that it was only right thing to be scared.

 

“I think we should go to sleep. We have to get up early. And at the moment we can’t do much,” said Hyunmin.  “Okay?”

 

“Well… okay. But hyung… maybe… I could sleep in your room?” Jay suggested. “Actually… I beg you to let me sleep there!”

 

Hyunmin laughed. “Very well then. Go bring your stuff.” He went back to his room, showing light with his mobile phone.

 

After about fifteen minutes he and Jay were already about to fall asleep. Suddenly they heard a quiet knock on the door. “Who is it? Come in anyway,” Hyunmin quickly said. To his surprise, Injoon entered. “Mind if I stay here? I… I feel a bit lonely in my room. And I can’t sleep because of that.”

 

Jay and Hyunmin now both laughed. “But ofcourse,” the older one said. “Feel free to sleep wherever you like.”

 

At the same time, Karam finally decided to go to the kitchen. He had been practicing singing and he really needed to get a glass of water now. He managed to go there safely, but when he saw someone already there, he froze.

 

Dark figure were standing in kitchen without moving. After few seconds, Karam realized that it was none other than their leader, Mika. But something felt different, odd, and even scary.

 

“Mika-hyung?” he called quietly and the leader turned around. Karam startled and jumped a bit. With difficulties, he managed to stay still, although he felt urge to run.

 

Mika’s blue eyes were piercing him. His milky white skin seemed even more pale and his lips looked dark red. “What is it, Karam?” Even his voice sounded different to Karam. “Are you scared because there is no electrycity?”

 

“N-no, hyung.” He wanted to say, that he was scared of HIM, scared to death. “I-I came to drink some… water,” he mumbled. He couldn’t turn his eyes away from Mika’s face.

 

“Go ahead,” the leader said. “I was thirsty too. Instead of water… do you want some grape juice?”

 

Karam walked few steps closer and said yes. Mika poured juice into two glasses and took his. Karam swallowed, when he saw Mika drinking – his elegant fingers with quite long nails wrapped  gently around glass. In one finger, he wore ring with big black stone. Taking this, his pale skin, blue eyes and dark hair into account, Mika totally looked like a vampire. Besides, he was drinking something red.

 

“What’s wrong?” Mika asked, after he had emptyed the glass. Karam was surprised that he didn’t see fangs in his mouth.

 

“Uh… nothing,” he turned away with difficulties and started to drink his juice. When he looked around again, Mika was nowhere to see. It was definitely weird. The house was so quiet that you could hear dropping of needle. Shaking his head and trying not to think about this weird event, he put both classes into sink.

 

“Karam, you are obviously too tired,” he said to himself. Yeah, that was probably the reason he had thought about Mika as a vampire. But… still. Image of his face was so clear in his mind.

 

Finally he pulled himself together and started to move to his room. His mind was tired, already playing tricks to him.

 

When he reached the corridor, someone’s hands wrapped around fis waist from back. At first, he did his best to hold back scream. He wasn’t a girl, for godness’ sake! After a minute, only dull fear of his emotions remained.

 

“Karam, do you really think that I would bite you?” Mika’s mysterious voice asked. “You know, I’m not some kind of vampire. I don’t know why peole think this when they happen to see me in darkness.”

 

Karam still couldn’t move. Mika was so close to his neck and hell yes, he did think that Mika would bite him. out his blood and life.

 

“You little fool,” Mika told him with a soft voice. He let Karam go and turned him around to face him. “I hate it, you know, when someone thinks that,” he said.

 

Karam gulped. For leader’s sake… he hold his hands out and then hugged Mika, who slowly put his head on Karam’s shoulder, breathing slowly against his neck.

 

“Even if I was a vampire, I wouldn’t hurt you,” Mika quietly said.

 

“I know,” Karam whispered back. “That’s why I like you.” He had almost overcame his fear now. Mika was still Mika, it didn’t matter what he looked like. Then, without a worning, Mika kissed Karam gently. But only for a bare moment.

 

“Come on, lets get some sleep. I allow you to sleep in my room,” the leader said, taking Karam’s hand. That was something new. Mika usually hated, when someone saw him asleep. Karam’s fear dissapeared at once. He felt good. Mika really cared of him. And obviously, Karam felt the same way.