Final

In Love with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I just wanna warn you all that this is my longest oneshot (12k). This could also be a total crap. (I am suddenly feeling not so good. You guys scare me). The story is present but the 'Letters' are flashback (days/weeks ago.). Happy reading. 

 

Sehun makes his way back to town after quarrelling with his brothers about his safety and him being in town. Sehun had said it clear to his brothers that this is the only chance he has to see the world and they have to let him have it. Sehun knows his brothers are possessive of him but his heart wants to be possessive of what is his too. He has to go back to town and see the man of his life.

The bus ride to town is peaceful like it has always been. Everyone on the bus, this particular time, this day knows Sehun and they are all nice to him. Kris, his eldest brother had made sure Sehun boards the bus carefully and seated securely. Kris even spoke to the bus driver himself when Sehun boarded his first bus to town months ago. Sehun did not want all the extra attention he gets but he understands that this is all for his safety. “You are special Sehunna. And special people like you, gets special treatment.” Sehun remembers his second brother’s words. Baekhyun always has his ways with words that will make Sehun feel good about himself.

Sehun plays with the hem of his shirt as he look out at the bus. He carefully put out his hand to feel the wind slashing through him. He closes his eyes to feel the cool wind against his skin. The images of the fine man appears in his head. Sehun smiles unconsciously. The thought of the man always make him smile. Sehun clearly remembers the first day he had met the other.

 

~/~

It was a sunny day and Sehun was at the town for the first time. Everything was new to Sehun. Even the air was different. Sehun walked aimlessly to nowhere for hours just looking at things and watching how the town people lived. Sehun came from the village, 10 miles away from the town. The people at his village are not like the people in town. Sehun realized it when a young lady just knock his shoulder and walk away without saying sorry. It was him who bowed down to her. They were also less friendly, they don’t smile and Sehun stopped smiling when he realized the people in town don’t smile at each other. He made a mental note to tell his brothers everything he saw in town.

Sehun passed by a huge building. He stood before it and read its name. It’s a university. Sehun smiles to himself. He couldn’t make it to university but he is thankful that his brothers had made sure someone like him has basic education. Sehun could read, write and count. He didn’t want anything more because he know, someone like him could not get anything more because this world caters for normal people. As Sehun admired the building before him, a group of students walked out the building and in a while more groups of students walked out. Sehun rushes away from them, afraid that he will knock on someone and he couldn’t even apologise properly. Sehun stood against the wall and watch them talk about classes and people they know. Sehun was too engrossed in a group’s conversation that he fail to notice someone beside him. “Hey…” The voice asked him and Sehun felt his heart jump out. He was shocked but his shock soon changed into admiration. The boy before him is extremely handsome. Sehun had never seen anyone with such charm. His brothers are handsome but this boy, his beauty and charm is another level. “Are you alright?” The handsome stranger asked him and Sehun stared at him. His lack of response worried the stranger. The stranger’s brows furrowed and Sehun admired those lines in between the stranger’s eyes. Sehun finally nodded to the stranger and Sehun is granted the most beautiful smile ever. The stranger pulled out his earphones and before he left, “By the way, my name is Kai.”

~/~

 

The bus came to a stop. Sehun’s heart starts to run an unknown marathon once again. “Sehunna… We have reached.” The bus driver calls him. Sehun waves his hand to the driver and he waits patiently for the passenger beside him to stand. Sehun walks over to the driver to listen to the driver’s version of Kris’s message. “Your brother told me to tell you to be careful.” Sehun nods. When will Kris stop being overprotective? But Sehun didn’t want his brother to stop being protective. “And….” Sehun stops the driver before he can tell Sehun what Sehun already know. I have to be here by 1. I get it. Sehun gestures and the driver approves.

Sehun glances at his watch and makes his way to the university. With each step he take, his heart skips a beat. He has no idea why this happens but he is used to this. He is excited and anxious to see Kai. Every night before sleeping, he replays Kai telling him his name and the way his lips moved.

Is it okay to love every inch of Kai? Sehun don’t even know the guy but he feels that he love every inch of the guy and he can’t stop himself from loving the other.

 

Letter:

I lie on my bed, thinking about you. I like the way you said your name. I wonder how will my name sound from your lips. I want to tell you so many things but will you hear me out?

 

Sehun arrives at Kai’s university. There is still some time left before Kai comes out. Sehun walks over to the bus stop and sits there. He calm his thundering heart and fixes his eyes at the gate. In a few minutes Kai will be out with his group of friends and as usual Sehun will make sure Kai don’t see him. Groups of students starts walking out. Sehun’s palms starts to get sweaty and he wipes them off on his shirt. He mentally scolded himself to calm his down. He had done this a few times and he can still do this without freaking out.

 

Letter:

I carry my notepad everywhere these days. You are the reason to it. I see you everywhere around me. Therefore I have to write what I have to tell you. You make me nervous Kai. So nervous that my palm starts to sweat. But I love this feeling, because nobody made me feel this way.

 

Sehun notices a familiar figure walking down the road in the compound to the big gate of the university. He’s wearing a black shirt and a dirty blue torn jeans. Sehun’s heart starts doing summersaults and his stomach starts misbehaving. Kai is surrounded by 4 friends. 3 boys and a girl. The girl is being clingy to Kai. Sehun notices how the summersaults in his heart stops. His heart is in pain seeing the girl cling to Kai. Sehun fail to read Kai’s movements and it was too late to escape when Kai is already making his way to the bus stop. His friends are also heading to the bus stop except the girl.

 

Letter:

Today is Tuesday. And today I am meeting you. Every Tuesday, 8 am, I will take the bus from my place to see you and at 10 am, I will be in town and I will be just on time to see you walk out of university. I will just sit somewhere and watch you walk out of the compound and get on a car. 10 minutes, sometimes less than that. That’s all I have to survive the week.

 

Sehun fidgets on the seat and stares at his feet. He know he should be admiring Kai at this moment because it is a rare opportunity to look at Kai from this distance but he is not prepared. He prepared himself for 6 days to even sit here and watch Kai at 25 feet distance for 10 long minutes. He is definitely not prepared for this. Sehun can clearly hear their conversation. Kai’s friend who surprisingly looks like him is talking about the girl he took home last night. The other guy with them asked him how she was. Kai is only chuckling at everything his friends are talking about. Sehun focuses his mind only to Kai’s laughter. Kai sounds nicer than the music the old man in his village plays. There’s something magical in the way Kai laughs that make Sehun’s crazy misbehaving stomach calm.

 

Letter:

I was walking with hyung around the village and we stopped by to listen to this old man playing his flute. My mind drifted to you because the sound of the flute reminded me of your voice.

 

“Hey…” Sehun snaps out his trance when he hears Kai’s voice near his ears. The hair at the back of his neck stands when he feels Kai’s breath against his skin. Sehun quickly moves away and Kai notices Sehun’s discomfort. “Sorry…” Kai says but Sehun feels Kai isn’t saying it from his heart. “I think I’ve seen you before.” Kai speaks tapping his finger against the space between him and Sehun. Sehun stares at Kai’s finger tapping the space in a rhythm. Sehun shakes his head, lying to Kai because he don’t want the other to know him. Kai chuckles again and this time Sehun braves himself to admire Kai’s face. Kai looks extremely handsome sideways. His jaws, Sehun’s fingers aches to touch them and hurt himself. He shakes his head once again because he realize his thoughts are getting crazy weird.

“You must be a shy one…” Kai looks at him and Sehun quickly looks away. The way Kai is looking at him intimidates his whole existence. Sehun believes that Kai will just everything out of him and leave him empty with just an aching for more. Sehun furrows his eyebrows as he stare at his finger. Sehun can suddenly smell something minty and sweet thanks to the wind and he realize it is Kai’s. Sehun breathes in as much as he could. He will never forget this scent. The way Kai smells adds ten more plus points to his handsome self. Good looking people always smell good and it is a deadly combination.

 

Letter:

I saw Baekhyun hyung putting on perfume so I went to him. Hyung let me smell his perfume and I hated it. It smelled so weird and my head spins. I wonder if you wear a perfume and if you do, I wonder how it smells. I really hope its nice because everything about you should be nice.

 

Sehun wants to desperately argue with Kai that he is not a shy one but he can’t. he just kept quiet and let the other stare at him, read him and judge him. “Your ears are getting pink.” Kai points and Sehun quickly cups his ears, hiding them. He hears Kai laugh and Sehun glares at Kai. But his anger dismissed in less than a second because a laughing Kai is a sight to behold. Kai stops laughing when his friend asks him what is so funny. Sehun wanted to tell Kai to continue laughing but the other had left. A car came, the same one and Kai left. That is the cue for Sehun to leave too.

 

 

--//--

 

“Why are you at this side of the road?” Minseok asks his brother when he fetch him from classes. However Minseok’s question is left unanswered because Kai is too busy staring out the window looking at something or something Minseok couldn’t see. “Kai..!” He calls his brother once again smacking the younger’s head to grab his attention. “What!?” Kai yelps in pain, rubbing his abused head. “I am talking to you.” Minseok said and Kai kept his eyes on the bus stop until it is out of his sight. Kai leans on the seat and lets out a deep breath.

“What’s up with you?” Minseok asks his brother. He had never seen the younger getting so worked up. “I am enchanted by a beauty.” Kai confesses and Minseok turns to look at his brother, interested in the story. Kai isn’t someone who will openly praise or talk about someone’s beauty but now since he is, this person must be very beautiful.

“Who is she?” Minseok question, taking the left turn to their neighbourhood. They live in a peaceful neighbourhood where everyone is kind and helpful. Since it is a private property by a high class developer, the place is constantly maintained. Kai loves the peaceful feeling the neighbourhood radiates.“It’s a he.” Kai answers and Minseok got more interested. “I know nothing about him but all I know is he is very very beautiful like he is Aphrodite’s son. He is totally blessed with looks and he is not showing it off.”

Minseok notices the enthusiasm in Kai’s words. Kai is smiling at every description about this mysterious person and Minseok wonders who this lucky person is who had his brother’s attention?

“How did you met him?” Minseok asks as he parks the car in their garage.

“I think I have seen him before somewhere. He is extremely familiar but today I just told myself to walk over and talk to him.”

Minseok got his answer to why Kai is at the other side of the road and shakes his head. Minseok unlocks the door and Kai follows behind him, making sure to lock the door again. “Did you speak to him?” Minseok questions. He know his brother’s nature. Kai can be so dumb at times and his dumbness just brings down his whole on legs image.

“I did.” Kai says. He is extremely proud of himself. He spoke to the guy and admired the beauty with only 5 inches distance between them. The beautiful guy smells innocence and purity. Kai is got caught and captured in his charm.

“Did he talk to you?” Minseok asks again, not believing his brother’s sudden heightened intelligence.

“No. He didn’t.” Kai answers disappointingly. The beautiful boy did not even utter a single word to him but all the response Kai got from him tells him that the boy is just timid and shy. More points to add to this beauty’s purity and innocence.

 

--//--

 

Letter:

I wish our family outing includes you. Sometimes I sit alone and imagine you and Baekhyun hyung fighting over popcorn. I even have this cheesiest imagination that you and hyung fights on who gets to feed me chocolate cakes. My thoughts are all cheesy but I don’t think so I will get to do this with you for real.

 

Sehun knocks the door to announce his homecoming to his brothers. He finds both of them seated at the kitchen and the aura between them is tense and thick. Sehun sense it. Sehun makes his way to his brothers. He places his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, What is wrong hyung? Sehun glances to his eldest brother. Kris looks equally tensed and disappointed. Sehun sense trouble. His stomach twists in fear. He shakes Baekhyun again and repeats his question, What is wrong hyung? Tell me.

“Sit Sehun.” Kris speaks. Sehun has instant goosebumps at Kris’s tone. Something is totally wrong. “How was town?” Kris asks sounding a little light. Sehun hesitates but he braves himself to tell them because that is what he would normally do every time after he comes back.

Town was awesome as usual. I enjoyed myself, ate chocolate ice cream from nearby a university. I watched the students going in and out. Then I just walked around. Sehun tells them. Deep down in his heart Sehun feels very thankful because his brothers are the only people who can understand his sign language and it makes expressing easier. Kris stares at his brother lovingly. He had always loved the way Sehun tells him a story. Sehun has this beautiful expression when he explains himself. Sehun may never know but as his elder brother, Kris knows Sehun too well. Even with all the story he tells them, Sehun is hiding something.

“Did you just watch the students or one particular student?” Baekhyun breaks the silence. Sehun freezes and shakes his head instantly. He said nothing else. Any explanation from him will lead him to a dangerous cliff. “How about Kai?”

Sehun stiffens. Sweat starts forming on his forehead. His hands and feet began to feel wet and uncomfortable. Sehun couldn’t give any type of response to his brother. There is no use lying to his brother because he knows his brother’s wrath. Kris is protective and tempered but Baekhyun is scarier when he gets angry. Sehun lowers his head feeling disappointed at himself.

“I was cleaning your room Sehunna. I saw the bag of letter you wrote for him.”

 

Sehun didn’t even realize the tear rolling down his cheek. All he know now is, he is not ready to drop Kai. Although the Kai knows nothing about him, his pathetic side, Sehun cannot let Kai go. “Do you see him every time for real?” This time it is Kris who asks. Sehun nods, letting the tear trail down his neck. If he can stop himself from shaking he will because Baekhyun looks ready to kill.

“Does he know you?” Baekhyun speaks. Sehun could not comprehend the question. “Did he notice you?”

Sehun rubs his temple, calming down his nervous self, concluding that Baekhyun hyung might not have read all the letters. You didn’t read all the letters?

“I couldn’t read all of them Sehunna… I can’t let myself to read all the letters.” Baekhyun whispers. Kris has his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, calming him down. I am sorry hyung.

“Tell us about him Sehunna. Tell us why are you so in love with him knowing that he knows nothing about you.” Kris speaks, eyes fixed on Sehun. Sehun nods and glances at Baekhyun. His second brothers straightens up and looks at Sehun. Everything in between Sehun and his brothers looks and sounds foreign. Sehun knows that it is his inner self freaking out about this confession moment but he had seen this coming. There is no way Sehun can avoid this. It is always better to face trouble now than face a bigger trouble in future.

 

Letter:

Are there enough words to explain love? Love is a feeling and there is no way to measure feelings. My feelings for you is beyond measurable. If my brothers are to ask me why I love you, I honestly cannot explain it. It is just that when I look at you all my problems fade. When I listen to you, famous artists becomes the worst. When you smile, my heart smiles and for a split second your eyes meets mine, I am in love all over again.

 

“How does he look like?” Kris asks as the elder walks to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He is about your height. Sehun points to Kris. Kris grins taking his seat. His hair is always messy. Even just now, his hair was messy. Looks like he just got out of bed. He also looks like he is ready to kill but he is actually very nice. Baekhyun rolls his eyes, “Dear baby brother. Even the roadside uncle is nice for you although he tried to rob you.”

Sehun throws the forgotten wet cloth at his brother. He was nice before he tried robbing me! Sehun whines looking at the eldest among them for mercy.

“Sehunna… shall we all go to town again next week to meet this guy?” Kris speaks, leaving both his brothers speechless.

 

--//--

 

His brothers had promised him a special dinner in their comfort of their own house but it is already past nine and his brothers are nowhere to be seen. Kai had been trying to call Jongdae but his calls are getting rejected. “If you are in a meeting let me know .” Kai screams to the voicemail. Kai hates this not telling him things issues his brothers adapted since he was young.

Moments later Kai’s phone rings and it is his annoying brother. “Where…”

“Be at the door in 5 minutes and help us carry in all the stuffs you er.” Jongdae yells through the phone. Kai sighs and heads to the door and waits for his brothers to arrive with whatever things they had bought. Kai didn’t even know his brothers were out to shop.

“I don’t even know you guys went out to shop.” Kai mutters, taking bags of grocery from Jongdae’s hands. He spots Minseok hyung getting down of the car with two more bags. “You were sleeping.” Minseok answers putting the bags of groceries at the doorsteps for Kai to bring them in. “Yeah right.”

 

Kai accompanied his brothers at the kitchen preparing stuffs for dinners. They also fought and argued half way because Minseok decided to take break from work and Jongdae feels it is unfair that he has to take over everything if Minseok is on leave. Kai sets the table as Jongdae cleans up while Minseok rushes to answer an urgent call.

“So Kai…” Jongdae calls while scrubbing the dirty plates. “Yeah…”

“I heard you found yourself a beauty.” Jongdae continues. Kai stop placing the utensils and gapes at his brother. “Who told you?!”

Jongdae laughs out loudly. Kai can feel smoke coming out of his ears. He is not used to this situation and he obviously don’t want everyone to know about it. “I just told him that you surprisingly found someone beautiful.” Minseok answers instead Jongdae. Kai glares at both his brothers. “I did not find someone beautiful, as in I am dating someone beautiful but I found someone I can call beautiful instead of looking at ugly faces every day.”

“Are you saying we are ugly?” Jongdae walks towards Kai with a clean spatula. Kai shrugs and sits down waiting for his brothers to join him at the table. “Possibly. Cause I never said you both are good looking.”

Jongdae groans, sounding totally frustrated with Kai’s reply. Minseok just silently joins Kai at the table. “Seok… You sure mom and dad didn’t take him from the dumpster?” Jongdae continues to grumble when he finally joins them.

“I don’t know. But I am glad that this prick sees someone beautiful otherwise he will be stuck with ugly people for the rest of his life.”

 

--//--

 

Letter:

My hyungs know about you. I was so afraid that they will yell at me and tell me to forget about you. But I am glad. Hyung was interested to know about you. I don’t know what they have in mind but Kris Hyung said that they would want to follow me to town next week.

 

--//--

 

“Kris.” Baekhyun calls the other. He’s been waiting for the right moment to talk to Kris about his master plan. “Yeah?”

“What were you thinking when you said we will go to town and meet Kai?” Baekhyun tries his best to control his anger but he know he cannot hide how his voice shake. Kris sighs, rubbing his palm over his face. “I don’t know. I just can’t see Sehun looking so down. He was clearly afraid and at the edge of breaking down when he knew we found out.”

“So?” This time Baekhyun doesn’t hide his anger. His voice is louder than before but he soon realise that he shouldn’t be yelling. He don’t want Sehun to find out.

“I don’t want us to be the reason for his heartbreak.” Kris mutters quietly. Baekhyun sighs and joins Kris on the couch.

“But you are okay if he gets his heart broken by the guy who he barely even know?” Baekhyun questions. Kris turns to look at Baekhyun understanding the other’s plight and misery.

“At least we are there for him.”

The brothers had been there for Sehun, their baby brother ever since Sehun came to their home. Sehun was adopted but treated as the youngest prince in their house. All the while Kris and Baekhyun have mastered Sehun to the extent that they know what is going on with Sehun with just a blink of his eyes.

“I have been suspecting his going to town since he decided to go back to town for the second time.” Kris speaks out his mind. Baekhyun focuses on the other with an ear and eye towards Sehun’s bedroom door. “I know something is up with him and the bus driver told me that he always see Sehun around the university.”

“You had the bus driver be your eyes?” Baekhyun questions, clearly surprised that Kris is being protective to this level. “I had to.”

“Sehun looks a lot more dreamy and hopeful ever since.” Kris looks at his brother. Both the brothers sighs deeply.

“How will we confront Kai? What should we say?” Kris speaks again, rubbing his temples. Things are a lot more difficult since the guy Sehun loves lives 10 miles away in the town and knowing that the other is from the town shatters all their hopes for their baby brother’s happy future.

“I think I have an idea.” Baekhyun pats Kris’s shoulder with a smile.

 

--//--

 

Tuesday came faster than he can ever imagine. Sehun had been anticipating this particular Tuesday with a weird churn in his heart. His heart is being weird and he just can’t seem to control the way it feels. His brothers had been fine throughout the week. They were being totally normal like how they are to him but Sehun was being awkward. He hardly ate the day after his brothers found out and he hardly ate again yesterday.

“Sehun are you ready? We have to leave in 10 minutes.” Baekhyun calls from outside the room. Sehun quickly rush out the room. Kris points to the glass of milk on the table and Sehun quickly gulp down the milk and washes his glass.

“Are you really following me hyung?” Sehun asks Baekhyun who is wearing his shoe. “Of course I am. I want to see who is that fool who bewitched my baby brother.” Sehun grips the hem of his shirt tightly. “Kris hyung too?” He asks again earning a sigh and glare from his brother. “Stop worrying. Yes we both are following you.”

Sehun nods. His heart is doing that thing again. He suddenly don’t want to meet Kai today. “Sehun stop pouting.” Kris tells, grabbing Sehun by his arm as they make their way to the bus stop. “I don’t feel good.”

“You are nervous Sehun. It happens.” Baekhyun comforts him, catching up with them after locking the gates. Sehun nods again hoping that it is just his nervousness troubling his heart.

 

--//--

 

“Sehun is that the ice cream shop with the best chocolate ice cream?” Baekhyun points pulling Sehun’s shirt happily. “Yes. They have the best chocolate ice cream. Come hyung!” Sehun pulls his brother along to the shop. Kris shakes his head as he watch the two brothers ignore him and rush into the shop. “Guys I am also here.” He mumbles to himself.

Sehun waves happily to the lady behind the counter and she smiles brightly back. “Oohh look who’s here. Our Sehunnie is here.” The lady sings song and Sehun can’t help but blush at her endearment. Baekhyun nudges Sehun, totally surprised with whatever he is seeing. “And who is this handsome young man with you?” she asks Sehun. “He is my brother and he is also …” Sehun turn around to find Kris just walking in the shop. “him too…”

“Oh my god. Now I know why you are so beautiful. Your brothers are so handsome.” The lady walks around the counter to give Kris and Baekhyun a warm hug. “I am Kris and this is Baekhyun.” Kris introduces politely.

The lady owner can’t stop adoring the brother. “Sehun I’ll be back with your ice cream.”

“Three.” Sehun points and she replies with an okay.

“She knows about you?” Kris questions surprised with lady’s super friendly motherly attitude. Sehun nods. “She wouldn’t stop with all her praises when I first came and when I did not reply to any of her remark, she suspected and I admitted.”

“She is really nice though. I like her.” Baekhyun whispers welcoming the lady with a bright smile and takes the ice cream she offers.

After spending a few more minutes with the lady, Kris excuses themselves promising to come back and spend longer time with her. Before leaving the shop, the kind lady adds another scoop of ice cream for Sehun. “Thank you.” Sehun gestures happily.

 

--//--

 

“We are here.” Sehun states as they reach nearby the university. The ice cream is not helping Sehun calm down. His heart is feeling worst. Sehun guides his brothers to the usual bus stand. He gestures them to sit but Kris wanted to look around leaving Sehun with his short tempered brother, Baekhyun. “He better be worth it Sehun.”

Sehun nods slightly to his ice cream. The ice cream is no longer tasty and sweet. He slowly walked to the nearest dustbin and throws it away. “I don’t feel like eating anymore.” He explained to Baekhyun once he join his brother.

Slowly the students start walking out and Baekhyun keep glancing at his brother for some reaction but Sehun had his eyes locked to his fingernails. Baekhyun nudges his brother to snap him out of whatever thought he has in mind. Sehun looks up briefly to spot Kai and he did. The other is about to cross the road and Sehun starts tapping his feet nervously. “This is not supposed to happen.” Sehun yells in his head. He keep reminding himself that everything will be okay.

“Hey..!!”

Sehun recognizes the voice in split seconds. Sehun looks up to meet the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. For a moment he wish that everything in his mind disappears and he has all the time in the world to stare at Kai’s beautiful eyes. “I knew it. I waited to see you today.” Kai informs excitedly unaware of Baekhyun’s piercing glares. Sehun nods with a rising blush.

“I really hoped that you could say something to me today. Guess what. While I was crossing the road earlier, I prayed that I could hear your voice.” Kai rambles his feelings out, ignoring the look he gets from everyone around him including Sehun’s brother. Sehun takes a deep breath, ready to gesture something but,

“Hello. I am Kris. Sehun’s eldest brother and that is Baekhyun my younger brother.”

Kai eyes the three of them and smiles widely. “Hello. I am Kai, and Hi Sehun. It’s nice finally knowing your name.”

“You heard me talking to Sehun.” Kai speaks to Baekhyun, ruffling his hair in embarrassment. “Yeah I hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter