Chapter 13 - Hakyeon

Our Family

 

It's weekday so Hakyeon woke up early making breakfast for his brothers. It's been his routine after the brothers start going to school and work. Hakyeon still remember back then when his mother still alive, she never fails prepare breakfast for their family even when she's sick. Hakyeon has promised he'll do anything with all his might to make his brothers doesn't feel lacking both of love and needs.

Hakyeon POV

Entering Hongbin's room, I can see the maknae still in his dreamland while Hongbin is not insight. Hyuk's room basically just his wardrobe because he never sleep there. Hyuk can sleep better and Hongbin seems unbothered, so he let Hyuk had his own ways.

"Hyunggg.. I can wake up Hyuk, you go wake up Wonshik and Jaehwan hyung. It will take a while." Hongbin calls. He just got out from the shower. Jaehwan and Wonshik were known as the heavyslepper in their family so it will always take a little much of effort when waking them.

"They were in shower because I wake them first. Just come checking you up." 

Breakfast is the best time for me because it's where six of us will be together and catch up which been hard after the ban from going out lifted. It's just always nice to start a day with your loved one.

My siblings are my everything. I won't trade them for anything. One hope that I've since my parents's funeral was to see them happy and never feels lacking.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
After sending all of them off, Hakyeon and Hyuk sit at the garden. Hakyeon has always love flower so he's personally attend the garden after his parents gone. Taking care the garden which once his mother's favourite. 

Hyuk is feeding the fish they had, want to company his hyung so he won't get lonely. He always with Hakyeon 24/7 but he never get sick of it. He remember when Hakyeon leave one morning, and he got furious and cry until he in his hyung's arm. He can't explain why, but what he know he doesn't want his hyung leave him.

"Hyuk-ah, let's get inside. It's gonna rain." Hyuk leave his work and run towards Hakyeon entering their house hand in hand.

"Hyungggg.. what are we doing today? Do you mind if we go out? It's been awhile since we go out." Hyuk's right. His first outing was the amusement park and they never go out again.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know hyung. I never go anywhere except the amusement park." Hyuk pout.

"Hmmmm.. we can go grocery shopping. Are you in?"

"Wahhh... Are we going now?" Hyuk just very excited until he just forgot to ask what is grocery shopping. It's not really a deal because he's okay with everything in condition Hakyeon is there.

"Let's get ready. I'll call Inguk hyung." Hakyeon calls Inguk informing they will go out and ask for a driver. After that, he text their sibling's group chat, telling about his outing with Hyuk. When he got upstairs, Hyuk has already finish taking his bath and in the middle choosing his outfit. 

"Waahhh.. are you that happy with going out?" It's always a hard work to get Hyuk in the shower because he always said that he didn't stink because he just at home doing nothing. Hyuk just flashs his tooth smile and ushers Hakyeon to get ready.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
"Don't let go hyung's hand. No wonder around without telling hyung. Don't talk or follow anyone eventhough he/she give you candies or even games. No running." Hyuk repeat what Hakyeon told him earlier.

They enter the shopping mall hand in hand. It's not really crowded because it's weekday. Once Hyuk saw one shop full with various toys, his eyes shining and he pull Hakyeon with him towards the shop.

Hakyeon just follow Hyuk and let him choose his own toys. He can get everything he want because he got a credit card from Inguk hyung earlier, and it unlimited.

In the end, they got out from the shop with hands full of shopping bags. And.. Hakyeon just decided to just doing shopping not grocery shopping. 
They went into a shoes shop and Hakyeon got a pair of limited edition shoes and some shoes for his brothers.

"Hello.. oh Taekwoon-ah, why?" Hakyeon let Hyuk's hand to answer his phone. Hyuk who just saw a ride forget about his promise and just went leaving his hyung behind. 

Taekwoon calls just to ask Hakyeon where are they and he said he will joining them in a while. Hakyeon hang up the calls and he panicked...
Where is Hyukkk!!!!
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hakyeon was blaming himself for being careless. If he didn't let Hyuk's hand, Hyuk won't be missing. Hakyeon try to search Hyuk around there but he didn't find him. What if he got kidnapped??? Please don't let anything  happen to Hyuk. 

Hyuk walk around the arcade watching some boys and girls and playing games. Of course there's some arcade game at his house but there's still a lot of new thing for him. He can't ride the game just because he doesn't have any token with him. And when he want to ask from hia hyung, he realise he just got lost. He got out from the arcade try to search his hyung but failed. His tears has rolling down his cheeks. His sobbing getting louder when he can't see Hakyeon anywhere. 

"Heyy.. good boy. Why are you crying. Don't cry. Where are you parents?" A girl come and approach Hyuk. She just can't turn a blind eyes when the boy literally sobbing and look so lost.

Hyuk can't utter any word except hyung. He want his hyung. Hakyeon hyung.

The girl doesn't know what to do when the boy just literally ignore her. So she just carry the boy to information center.

Hyuk struggling in her arm try to protest. He doesn't want to break another promise, follow a stranger. But his power isn't strong enough.

"Hey.. stop crying. Can you tell me your name? So we can call your hyung." The girl try to coax Hyuk. 

"Hyukkie want Hakyeon hyung. Hyukkie promise won't break promise again." Hyuk try to say between his sob. With Hyuk's information they got to make an announcement. 

Within 5 minutes, they can see Hakyeon running with his hands full of shopping bags try to reach Hyuk. Hyuk who see his hyung broke into tears again. Hakyeon just repeatly saying sorry to Hyuk and try to ease Hyuk's sobs. 

The girl want to just leave after the boy's brother come. But she cancel her intention when she saw who the boy's brother. It's Hakyeon. Her longtime crush.

"Hakyeon...." Hakyeon turn to the girl bowing and saying thanks. Curious how the girl know his name.

"Soobin.. right?" The girls just smile and nod. Glad that Hakyeon still remembers her. Apparently, Soobin was his friends back then. They went to the same middle school. Hakyeon remember her. Hakyeon keep saying thanks and how he feels so glad that Soobin found Hyuk. Their thanks session was cut short when Hyuk's stomach growl loudly. 

"Let's get some food. It's on me and I don't take no as answer." Hakyeon said.

They get in a restaurant and take a seat near the window. 

"So, how are you? It's been ages, right?"

"I'm doing fine. Yeah, it's 5 years since we last saw you. After the incident you and Taekwoon never back to school anymore. How can you cut the contact when we're so closed to each other." Hakyeon is a social butterfly. He closed with almost all his schoolmates. After the incident, he just to busy dealing with his brothers. They need him the most, so he can't think anything else.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm just had too much to deal with. Can I get your number, then? We can keep in contact after this."

"Aren't this too many for us?" Soobin asked when the waitress keep sending them food.

"Ohh.. Taekwoon would be joining us, he's on his way." Speak of that, Taekwoon appears.

"Hey.. why Hyukie being a baby today? Is something happens?" Taekwoon knows that Hyuk will be a bit clingy when he with Hakyeon but today is he a bit too much. He practically stuck with Hakyeon like when Hakyeon left him before.

"Errrrr.. actually, he got lost earlier..." Hakyeon can't even tell the whole story when Taekwoon cut him.

"He.. what??? How can it happen. You know it's dangerous." 

"I know it's my fault, I swear I just let him go just for a moment. But when I realized, he's nowhere to be seen. I'm sorry..." Again Hakyeon being cut, this time by Hyuk's cries.

"Don't mad at Hakyeon hyung. It's Hyukie's fault. Hyukie break the promise. I'm sorry." Hyuk tighten his hug, and he start crying again. He doesn't get it why Taekwoon hyung must scold Hakyeon hyung when he's at fault. 

"Hey, guys. I don't think you should argue here. There's many people plus.. you scared Hyuk." Soobin just can't look anymore. They got more noisy over the time.

Taekwoon just realized that there's another person except them at the table. 

"Soobin is the one who found Hyuk. So I want to treat her." Hakyeon knew what Taekwoon want to ask. He just look at Taekwoon and let him know to not ask it here. Unless not in front of Soobin. He really hopes Taekwoon catch it.

"Really didn't expect to meet you here. It' been a while and I'm sorry first thing you see is our bickering." Taekwoon take his seat next to Soobin.

"It's okay. Just surprise to see our class's cat become a lion. You barely speaking back then and today you even raised your voice. I'm lucky." Soobin's teasing successfully make Taekwoon red. He let his guard down earlier just because he didn't realise Soobin's presence.

*****************************************************After their lunch, they ride in the same car heading to their company to send Taekwoon back. He still have some works to do.

"That Soobin.. is it the Soobin I know?" The question that Taekwoon want to ask earlier.

"Yes, she is. I appreciate you didn't ask this in front of her." 

Soobin was Hakyeon's first crush. The girl was always smile brightly and spreading happy vibe around her and it made Hakyeon attract to her. The day he want to confess was the day their parents died. And Hakyeon confession didn't come true until today.

 

rain3396.. I'sorry if it's not like you want.