Chapter 21: Uncle's diary

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 21: Uncle’s diary

Yoona had never been so happy to have her parents back at home. She was scared to be home alone with her uncle after what happened the other day. Everytime she saw him, she tried to avoid him.

She woke up that morning and got ready to go to the university. During breakfast, her uncle didn’t say a word and it was strange because he always had something to say.

“Yonghwa, why are you so quiet?” Yoona’s father asked

“It’s nothing hyung” he said “It’s just that something is bugging me”

Yoona felt that those words were for her and she looked at her food avoiding eye contact with her uncle.

“I think I have to go or I’ll be late” she excused herself and stood up. She gave a goodbye kiss to her parents and just waved at her uncle without looking at him.

Yoona didn’t want to be home one more minute so she left as fast as she could. When she arrived at the university, she saw Jessica and Yuri talking and approached to them. Seeing her best friends made her feel better and for while she forgot about her issues.

“Hi girls” Yoona said

“Hi Yoong” they said at the same time

“Did you know what happen yesterday?” Yuri asked anxiously

“Well Sica told me about Krystal…” Yoona said but couldn’t finish

“Not that” Yuri interrupted Yoona’s statement “About Fishy and Sica”

“OMO are you already together?” Yoona asked excited

Before Jessica could answer that, Donghae came running towards them with the dorkiest smile he had ever had in his life and Yuri and Yoona giggled.

“Hi girls” he said with an excited voice and gave Sica a peck on the cheek. She blushed hardly.

“So you two are finally together?” Yuri asked

“Kind of” Jessica said which let them confused

“We decided to go slow to settle things down”Donghae said smiling “But at least she didn’t say no”

“Finally!” Yoonyul yelled excited and they blushed

Yoona was happy for her friends but she was still thinking about her uncle and that journal he had. They went to classes but it was as if her mind wasn’t on earth. She wasn’t paying attention in classes and Siwon noticed that.

“Yoona” he whispered but she didn’t hear “YOONA!”

“Mr. Choi and Ms. Im, any problem there?” the teacher asked staring at them

“Nothing madam” Siwon replied with a sweet smile. He was one of the teacher’s favorite students so she didn’t say anything and just continued her classes.

“What happens to you?” he whispered again

“Hmm what did you say?” she asked coming back to earth. She hadn’t heard Siwon talking to her all this time. He was starting to get worried.

“You were zoning out” he said “What happens?”

“Don’t worry, is just that I have a lot of things in my mind” she explained

Siwon wanted to ask about it but decided not to. First, because the teacher noticed them talking again and sent a death glare to Yoona and second, because he shouldn’t act like a boyfriend to her now that they weren’t together. He sighed.

After classes, he was still thinking about Yoona. He was worried that Yoona knew something and didn’t want to share it or maybe she had a problem and didn’t want to share it him. He sighed and was heading out when his phone started ringing.

“Private number…” he read on the phone and frowned “Yeoboseyo?”

“Choi Siwon?” he heard a male voice in the other line

“Neh” he said still confused because he didn’t know who was calling

“I’m Im Yonseong, are you still interested in joining our company?” the man asked and Siwon felt mixed feelings. He was excited because he was closer to get his revenge but he was also scared to know the answers.

“Yes sir” he answered immediately

“Ok, so come here tomorrow at 4.30 pm” he said

“I’ll be there” Siwon replied “Thanks”

………………………………………………….

Yoona arrived home hoping to see her mom there but she wasn’t. She asked Mrs. Kim about her and she said she had gone shopping. She thought her father and her uncle were still at work so she felt slightly relieved.

She was heading to her bedroom when she heard some footsteps coming down the stairs. She saw her uncle and her heart started racing faster because she was afraid of him. She had always had the image of his uncle being a nice a sweet man but after the other day, she couldn’t help feeling nervous everytime she saw him.

“Yoona” he called her with a tough voice, which gave her chills

“Uncle…” she mumbled nervously and bowed

“I’m going out for a while” he said with a big grin “Please BEHAVE”

Yoona felt like he was putting emphasis in his last word. She saw him walking out the house and she sighed relieved.

“I think he knows that I know something…” she said to herself

Yoona’s POV

“So what should I do now? Should I search for that journal? But if he comes home and catches me, I’ll be death. C’mon Yoona, don’t be a chicken. Do this for you and for Siwon.  Do this for your dad. I’m sure he isn’t guilty because my uncle is acting suspicious and I’m starting to be scared of him. Ok, I’ll do it”

I walked upstairs and head to his room slowly trying not to make any noises. I thought the door would be closed but it wasn’t locked.

“This is so strange…” she said to herself “Why wouldn’t he lock his door if he knows I’m searching for something? Maybe he doesn’t know…”

I wanted to believe that he didn’t know that I was searching for his diary. I looked around the room and didn’t know where to start. He had a lot of furniture inside his big room and he could have hidden it anywhere.

He had a desk there too, so why would he use my father’s office then? My uncle was starting to become more and more suspicious. I suspected that he hid a lot of secrets from us.

I approached to his desk and searched in the unlocked drawers. There I saw an old book. It was the diary, his diary. Wasn’t it way to obvious to put it there?

Why hadn’t he hidden it somewhere else? Maybe it wasn’t as important as I thought… Surprisingly, it wasn’t locked either. I opened a random page and read.

May 21st1995

I hate it! Choi is always winning. Hyung and I work so hard and Choi receives the prize and the praises. It’s unfair!

June 25th1995

The company was about to go bankrupt but luckily it was saved. I was hoping to get promoted but again it was Choi who won! Hyung says he’s starting to get tired of him…

July 17th1995

I can’t believe what happened today. Now it is all over the news but no one knows who the culprit is. The Chois are death, someone killed them and that someone is…

“This can’t be true” I immediately closed it and tears started falling...

.......................