Chapter 1

Party Streamers and Broken Wings

"Holy , Yoongi, look at this text that Taehyung just sent me! He's throwing a Halloween party tomorrow! We should totally go!"

There was no answer for a minute and Jimin was curious as to whether Yoongi actually heard him or not. He walked towards the couch where Yoongi had been just a minute ago, only to find it empty.

"What'd you say?"

Jimin turned around at the sound of Yoongi's voice.

Either he could teleport, or Jimin was just really bad at noticing things like when someone apparently walked past him and into the storage room down the hall. There was a box in his arms that Jimin had never seen before (or maybe he had. He didn't know. He doesn't keep track of the boxes in his house), and Yoongi looked as if he was struggling to carry it.

He set it down on the table, looking at Jimin expectantly.

"Oh. Right. Tae said that he's throwing a party tomorrow for Halloween. We're all invited. Jungkook, Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin, everyone's going! There's also going to be some of Tae's friends from work, he said? We're allowed to bring whoever we want. We should totally go, Yoongi!"

There was no hesitation in his voice as Yoongi answered almost instantly, venom dripping in the one word he spoke,

"No."

Jimin's jaw dropped, his orange hair falling into his eyes as he watched Yoongi walk over to the television and turn it off.

"Why not?"

Yoongi clicked his tongue, throwing the remote onto the couch and brushing past the slightly shorter boy.

"Because. It's a pain in the and we don't even have costumes."

Jimin's eyes brightened as he pointed his finger at Yoongi, walking towards him slowly. He ran a hand through his hair, a smirk clear on his face as he all but backed Yoongi into a corner.

"That's not true! We have the costumes from last year! We never got to use them because I got sick, remember? And then we didn't go out for Halloween last year. So we actually do have costumes, Min Yoongi. We have perfectly fine costumes that are practically screaming to be worn for this exact occasion."

Yoongi paused and looked outside for a second, eyes growing wide before he suddenly remembered the situation he was in and shook his head, pushing Jimin to the side.

"No."

Jimin scoffed, throwing his hands up into the air.

"Oh come on, Yoongi! It's a Halloween party! What isn't there to love about it?"

Yoongi turned and stared Jimin dead in the eyes. He was not joking. This was a Serious ing Issue™ and Min Yoongi was not about to let it slide.

"There is so much not to love about it, Park Jimin. Why the hell would anyone ever want to go to a Halloween party when you could literally stay at home and sleep? Or eat. Or, I don't know, ing light it up for all I care," he paused, casually turning around and pointing a finger right at Jimin's face while saying, "don't, actually. Stay away from drugs."

Jimin rolled his eyes and looked around him as if there was some other person in the room with them.

"Who are you talking to? I don't 'light it up', Yoongi. Anyway, we should go to the party! It'll be fun!"

The older boy rolled his eyes, walking away from Jimin. He was heading towards their bedroom, hands stuffed deep into his pockets.

"I'm not ing going, Jimin. And you're not either. We're staying at home."

Jimin puffed out his cheeks, hands down by his sides and squeezed into fists. His eyebrows were screwed together while he watched Yoongi walk away from him at a leisurely pace. He was absolutely fuming. With a huff, Jimin turned around and ran into the kitchen.

The kitchen door slammed shut and Yoongi jumped with a start, turning around to look at where Jimin had been just a moment ago.

He shook his head and kept walking into their room.


Jimin paced back and forth in the kitchen, sock-clad feet making light shuffling sounds on their tiled floors. He had his arms crossed, eyes fixed to the floor as he mumbled to himself.

"Min Yoongi, bastard, doesn't want to go to a ing Halloween party. What's gonna happen? Is someone gonna jump out with a machete and chop my head off? Like what the  is wrong with going to a party? Held by Taehyung! What the hell can that kid do to us? The worst he could do to us is give us, like, a carrot or something instead of real candy. The kid literally can't hurt anyone. I don't understand Yoongi's problem. ing . I- ."

He took in a deep breath, closing his eyes and pursing his lips.

"I'm going to go anyway. Yeah, he can't stop me! It's my right! Of course I get to choose whether or not I go, right? Like, I'm my own person! He has no right to tell me where I can or can't go! Yeah, then I'm going to the party without Yoongi! I'll just tell him that right as soon as-"

"Hey, uh, sunshine, are you talking to yourself?"

The orange-haired boy whipped his head around to face the door, and sure enough, there was Yoongi, looking at him oddly. His head was tilted slightly to the side and he was a single step into the kitchen, hand still on the handle.

"Um. Yeah."

Yoongi nodded slowly, fully making his way into the small room. Jimin watched him as he slinked passed, heading right to the balcony outside.

Confused, Jimin looked above his head and realized just what it was that Yoongi was doing. His body slowly relaxed and his eyes glistened, gazing at the sky that was a mix of pinks and oranges from the sun setting into the horizon.

For a second, he forgot what he was doing and just stared. He let his arms drop to his sides, let the corners of his lips turn upwards, let his eyes flutter shut for just a moment.

Then a small click brought him back.

His eyes went wide for a second, then he raised an eyebrow at the boy standing across from him.

"Did you just take a picture of me?"

Yoongi slowly lowered the camera from in front of his face, lips pressed together.

"Maybe."

Jimin blushed a little and laughed a lot, giving Yoongi a bright-eyed smile.

"Stop it, you know that I don't like it when you do that out of nowhere."

The older man just shrugged his shoulders, moving the camera's strap around his neck to make it more comfortable. He blew up at a tuft of black hair that was sticking out, choosing to look at the floor.

"You just looked really... nice, and I wanted to take a picture of it."

Jimin smiled gently and went to speak, but before he had the chance to, Yoongi's eyes widened and he turned around, took a few pictures of the setting sun and then scurried right out of the kitchen like a small mouse. It all happened so quickly that Jimin had to blink a few times, just to make sure that he wasn't hallucinating. He ran to the kitchen door, looking out of it, and saw the black-haired man all but running down the hall towards their room.

"Yoongi! Wait, Yoongi, why are you running?"

Jimin ran after him, thanking every single person in his life that he was a faster runner than Yoongi.

Granted, he didn't need to run that far, and yes, Yoongi wasn't actually running that quickly, but hey, Jimin will take any victory that he can get.

He caught up to the older man just as they reached the bedroom door, and the two of them slipped in together, Jimin immediately tackling Yoongi to the bed. 

"Whoa- Jesus - sunshine- WATCH THE CAMERA-"

They came crashing down on top of the bed, the mattress bouncing up and down a few times to try to settle itself back down. Yoongi's camera laid on one side next to him, his arms spread out along the width of the bed. There was a very content Park Jimin on him, nuzzling his cheek against Yoongi's chest.

"Jimin."

There was a hum.

"Park Jimin, get off of me."

"No."

Yoongi groaned. He brought an arm up to cover his eyes, breathing out through his nose.

"Sunshine, please. I have to put the camera away. And go to the bathroom. That's why I was running back to the room, okay? I had to go to the bathroom. Now can you get off of me?"

The tips of his ears were red and Jimin bit his lip to stop his smile from growing any bigger. He rolled off of Yoongi and sat up on the bed, barely hearing the older stutter out a small thanks before scuttling into the bathroom.

Then he came back out, put the camera on the dresser and then scuttled right back in.

As soon as the door closed, Jimin burst out laughing, clutching his stomach as he rolled around on the bed.

"You prick! I can still hear you through this door, I hope you realize that!"

Jimin instantly covered his mouth, trying to stop his laughter, but tears were springing to his eyes and giggles were quickly escaping him. He had started shaking, trying to contain his excitement, but it was futile and he soon burst out into a fit again.

"I hope you fall on the floor. And die."

There was a loud crash.

And then nothing.

"...Sunshine? What just happened?"

There were a few more pauses, and then a small noise that Yoongi only just managed to make out.

"Ow."

Silence.

"Did you actually just fall on the floor?"

"Maybe."

"Oh my ing god, Jimin."

The boy slowly pushed himself up from the ground, cradling his elbow in his hand with a pout on his face. He sat down on the corner of the bed, making small kissy-faces at his injured elbow. Soon enough, he stopped doing that and laid back, staring up at the ceiling.

He started counting the cracks in the ceiling while letting his mind drift away, no particular thoughts coming in.

Then one got stuck in his head.

Jimin jumped off of the bed, heading straight to the closet. He pulled out a small box and rummaged through it for a minute, pulling out a very white outfit and a small headband.

He placed the headband on top of his head and walked over to the full-body mirror, looking at the little halo that now sat on top his orange hair. He shook his head a few times, watching as the small hoop shook back and forth but didn't fall off since it was connected to the headband that he was wearing.

Jimin took his hands and smoothed out his hair over the headband, making the small plastic loop disappear under the orange colour.

"Damn, I should dye my hair something else for this costume."

He scrunched his nose up, sitting down on the floor and placing his clothes down beside him. He had a loose white button-down and white slacks, a pair of white dress shoes in the closet.

Where the were the wings?

Jimin got up, halo still sitting on his head and walked over to the closet, looking into it curiously. He could have sworn that the wings were just in the back, but no matter how hard he pawed through the dozens and dozens of black shirts and jackets (courtesy of one Min Yoongi), he couldn't find them.

Jimin got up onto his tiptoes, grabbed onto the shelf at the top of the closet and pulled himself up, trying to peak at it.

There was nothing there.

He didn't know why he expected there to be anything there.

Neither he nor Yoongi were tall enough to reach up there.

That would be a good place to put stuff if he didn't want Yoongi to find it, now that he thought about it.

Letting go of the shelf, Jimin came back down and stared at the empty box that sat on his bed. His wings were gone and he did not have a complete angel costume. This was going to be a big problem. He couldn't show up to a Halloween party with a half-finished costume. Who did they think he was? He was not going to let this defeat him, though. He was going to figure this out. 

Suddenly filled with determination, Jimin walked to face the mirror again, hands on his hips and smile wide and bright.

He lightly hit the halo, watching it glisten in the light. He picked up his white shirt from the ground, shaking it out and checking to see if there were any creases in it.

Then, he heard the toilet flush and the tap turn on before the door to the bathroom creaked open, Yoongi slowly making his way out of the bathroom. He was yawning, arms raised above his head as he stretched, but when he opened his eyes, he stopped right in the middle of the room and stared at Jimin.

"You're wearing your costume."

Jimin nodded, making the halo bounce around.

"I am."

Yoongi stepped around to face him.

"Why?"

Jimin's smile slowly slipped off of his face as he turned to face Yoongi as well.

"Because I wanted to make sure it still fit for Tae's party tomorrow. Why?"

Yoongi covered his face with his hands, peeking out at Jimin from in between his fingers. His shoulders had fallen, eyes worn out and emotionless as he stared Jimin down.

"You're not going."

Jimin let out a sigh, turning his head to look up.

"Yoongi, I swear to god, if you don't give me a proper reason for why I 'can't' go tomorrow, I'm going to leave this apartment right now. Whether you like it or not, I'm going to Taehyung's party tomorrow and you can't stop me."

The black-haired man threw his hands down and he all but hissed at Jimin, taking large steps towards the boy.

"No. You're not ing going anywhere tomorrow. We're going to be at home and we're going to-"

"Going to what, Yoongi? 'Light it up'? Like you said earlier? No! What about proper human interaction? What about the fact that I want to go to Taehyung's party because he's my best friend? Because I barely ever see him now since he works insane hours? What about the fact that I want to go out and have fun for once? Goddamn it, Yoongi, I want to go see him! I want to still have fun while I'm able to! I want to see other people and have a good time with them. Why don't you understand that? Why don't you understand how important Taehyung is to me? This isn't just about Halloween, Yoongi. It's about me missing him."

Yoongi opened and closed his mouth over and over again, eyebrows furrowing together and coming apart again as if he were trying to understand something overtly complicated.

"What, do you have nothing to say? Because I'm right? Because you were being a stupid little- You know what? That's great. Just great. I'm going to the ing party tomorrow, alright? you."

Jimin turned and left the room, throwing his shirt onto the bed as he stormed out. A few seconds later, Yoongi heard the front door slam closed and he sighed.

This was exactly like earlier in the day, except this time, Jimin wouldn't be in the kitchen, and he wouldn't be as easy to console.


He felt angry, he felt cold, and overall, he felt stupid.

Jimin was standing outside of his shared apartment with Yoongi in nothing more than a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, hands rubbing up and down his arms in an attempt to warm himself up.

It was way too cold for October, in his opinion. He felt like it should have been at least 15­­°C outside today. It was only right. He didn't deserve to suffer like this. He should be able to go out in a t-shirt and jeans and be absolutely fine! He should be able to wear whatever he wanted to-

He was getting way too passionate about what clothes to wear in autumn weather.

Jimin kicked at a rock, taking a seat down on the curb. He sat there for a while, and he didn't know if it had been minutes or hours, but when he looked up, the sky was dark and the street lights were on.

As people passed him, a few gave him odd looks, some laughed, one person took a picture of him (and he couldn't get them to delete it), but most of them just ignored him.

He wondered what was so interesting about him.

Was it his dashing looks?

Was it his shining personality?

Or- , was there something wrong with his outfit?

Stressing out, Jimin stared down at what he was wearing and did his best to check every inch of his clothing without stripping down in the middle of the street.

Finding nothing wrong with his clothes, Jimin huffed, absolutely miffed.

He didn't have his phone with him (he left it in the room) and he didn't have any money either. He wasn't about to go back into the house now since he just told Yoongi that he would be leaving, and he wasn't going back until the party was done and over and he was able to shove it into Yoongi's face that, yeah, he had a really good ing time without him.

Okay, he sounds like an awful person right now, but he really wanted to prove something to the older boy.

Jimin shook his head again, pursing his lips. He stared down the street and his eyes landed on one specific building, brown and looking as if it could come crashing down at any minute.

He grinned and started walking.


There were three quick knocks on his door and Jungkook wiped his hands on a towel, putting his spatula down on the cutting board and walking over to answer the door.

In front of him stood Park Jimin, frame shaking, and nose very red.

Jungkook's eyes widened and, without asking any questions, he pulled Jimin into his small (decrepit) apartment and sat him down on the couch. He found a blanket from under the piles and piles of white shirts he owned and threw it on top of the small boy, then he disappeared into the kitchen to make some tea.

When he came back out, he found Jimin curled up in his blanket, knees brought up to his chin and blanket completely wrapped around him. There was a tuft of hair visible, and something else that Jungkook only recognized when he got closer.

"Nice halo, Jimin. Here, drink this tea."

Jimin popped his head out from the blanket, grabbing the warm mug before his hand delicately reached up and waved around, stopping once it brushed against something soft.

His fingers wrapped around the halo and Jimin slowly pulled the entire thing off of his head, eyes boring into the tea.

"."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Is something wrong? Are you not supposed to have that halo or something? I don't understand. Jiminnie, explain it to me. I am but a small child who does not understand anything in life. Please let me in on your secrets. I must know everything or else my life is meaningless. Jimin, please, I need to- mmph-"

Jimin placed his entire hand against Jungkook's mouth, shutting the kid up.

"Shhhhhhhh. Shut up. I don't want to hear you speak. Understand?"

Jungkook nodded once, and only then did Jimin take his hand off of the boy's mouth. With good timing, since as soon as he did, Jungkook's tongue darted out to try to it.

Jimin hit Jungkook on the forehead, making the brunet laugh.

"Anyway, the halo is part of my costume for tomorrow. For Taehyung's party, you know? Of course you know. Why wouldn't you know? You're his boyfriend. You live at his house more than he does. Anyway. The problem with me having the halo is that the rest of my costume is still at home. And I can't go get it. Because if I do, that is admitting defeat. I can't admit defeat. Yoongi will never get the better of me. I will go to this party against his will, and I will not let my goddamn boyfriend control me!"

"Wait, I don't understand what you getting your costume has to do with Yoongi hyung controlling you-"

"Yes, Yoongi will not win! I will be victorious! That is why I cannot go back now. No. I can't let him see me like this, in the times when I am most vulnerable. I must persevere. I must find a way to complete my costume without letting him know."

"Well, you could always buy another one-"

"HOW WILL I EVER COMPLETE MY COSTUME, JUNGKOOK? WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME, MY DEAREST CHILD? WHY HAVE YOU FAILED ME? WILL I EVER FIND A WAY TO BE COMPLETE AGAIN? I AM ONLY PART OF WHO I ONCE WAS NOW, THE REST OF ME-"

Jungkook dumped his tea on Jimin's crotch, making the boy yell out of pain and jump up off of the couch.

Okay, so maybe that wasn't the nicest way that Jungkook could have gotten him to stop talking, but it definitely worked and it took the least effort.

After yelling at Jimin to calm down and having to say 'no it won't burn your off' a few times, Jimin was left with unfortunately soggy pants and Jungkook was left with an empty tea cup and a few less paper towels than he had when Jimin first came over.

"Okay, so Jimin, what you're saying is-"

"I'm sorry, Jungkook, but could I please borrow some pants? I don't think I can keep going on like this. I mean, this is ridiculous. I am soaked through because you decided to pour hot tea on my crotch. Why? You can't possibly expect me to be okay after all that-"

"Jimin I swear to god if another word comes out of your mouth I am going to shove my fist down your throat. Your wet will be the least of your problems."

That got the orange-haired boy to be quiet, hands clasped together and right in between his legs, the boy himself afraid to make another noise.

Jungkook soon disappeared into a different room, random noises and bangs all that Jimin could hear.

When the younger boy came back, there was a pair of gray sweatpants in his hands, the drawstrings pulled way to one side and a hole in the left leg. And no, it was not the hole that Jimin's foot was supposed to come out from.

"Here. I couldn't find my good sweatpants. I'm still moving in, you know? Everything's kind of a mess and I've only unpacked the absolute necessities."

"Jungkook, you moved in four months ago."

"Yeah, I'm still moving in."

Jimin squinted his eyes at the smirking standing in front of him, snatching the sweatpants from his hand. He was about to thank Jungkook for them, but the kid's eyes suddenly widened and he ran into the kitchen right as the smell of smoke hit Jimin's nose. Jimin stretched his head out to the side to peek inside of the kitchen, but all he saw was... nothing.

There was absolutely nothing in there and he was seriously wondering how the hell Jungkook was still alive.

He shook his head, turning his attention down to the pants in his hands. They were thin and he could have done without the gaping hole right above his left knee, but they would work.

Jimin stood up and ed his jeans. He took a deep breath. 

This was going to be difficult.

Jeans aren't easy to take off in the first place, let alone wet jeans.

He let out a sigh and grabbed onto either side of his pants, struggling to wiggle them off. They were halfway down his calves when Jungkook walked back into the room, spatula in hand and random red stain on his cheek. They stared at each other for a second. Jungkook's eyes glanced down to where Jimin was still holding onto his pants tightly before they darted back up to look him in the eye. Neither of them said anything, the silence bearing over them. Then, Jungkook simply nodded once and walked right back into the kitchen.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

Jimin took his jeans off and threw them onto the couch. He stepped into the sweatpants carefully, clicking his tongue when he realized that the pant legs pooled at his ankles.

Damn.

Jungkook was a lot taller than him.

Jimin sat on the couch and folded his pants, making them into a nice small square before letting them sit on his lap. He spotted his halo out of the corner of his eye, it having been lying sadly on the ground after he took it off. He gently placed it back on his head, grinning when he had finished doing so. After a minute or two, something that smelled good started coming from the kitchen and his stomach growled. Embarrassed, he hugged his arms around himself, bending forward and looking down at the ground.

There were more unidentifiable noises coming from his right, and Jimin faintly registered the sound of clinking bowls being placed on the small table Jungkook had in his house.

"Jimin, wanna have some dinner? I made some spaghetti."

He was about to decline, but Jimin's stomach growled again and he closed his mouth stupidly, nodding. Jungkook just smiled and gestured for him to sit at the table while he went back into the kitchen to get more food.

The small orange-haired boy slowly shuffled over to the table and sat down. The spaghetti smelled amazing, even though it was just some packaged noodles that Jungkook probably picked up from a convenience store. He felt like he hadn't eaten in ages when in reality, he had lunch like six hours ago.

The younger boy soon came back and Jimin picked up his fork, diving into the pasta.


"Jungkook, this tastes awful."

"Shut up. I can't cook."

"Why did it smell so good then?"

"How should I know? My house always smells good."

"Idiot."

"Prick."


Jimin leaned back in his chair and ran his tongue over his teeth. He had his hands on his stomach, rubbing up and down on his bulging tummy slowly.

"That was good. I'm glad we decided to order pizza instead."

Jungkook glared at him, chewing down on his crust with vigour. After thinking for a few minutes, he pointed his half-eaten dough at Jimin, an eyebrow raised as he did his best to talk around his mouthful of bread.

"What were you talking about earlier? With the um, costume or whatever?"

That seemed to light something inside of Jimin, the boy throwing his hands into the air and then sitting forward, eyes widening before he then slammed them flat down onto the table.

"Right! I left my costume at home! And I can't go back to get it, because if I do, then I know Yoongi will still be awake and he'll see me come in. And I don't want that to happen. I need to let him know that I am an independent person who can make my own decision-"

"-to go to a Halloween party?"

"-to go to a Halloween party and have fun and show him that I don't need him to tell me what to do. He needs to understand that Taehyung is important to me and I want to spend what little time I can with him."

Jungkook didn't speak for a minute, and Jimin looked out of the corner of his eye to see what was happening. The boy had his face scrunched together, mouth pursed and hand on his chin. He was thinking very hard (or at least he looked like he was) and it was worrying Jimin.

"Kook?"

Jungkook looked up at him, face still screwed together.

"You know, you might have hurt Yoongi hyung's feelings a bit, don't you think?"

It was Jimin's turn to furrow his eyebrows together this time, the boy tilting his head to the side.

"How do you figure?"

Jungkook sat straight up, chewing on his bottom lip nervously.

"Well, did you say that stuff that you just said to me to him? Did you tell him that Tae was important to you and ?"

The orange-haired boy nodded and rested an elbow on the table, curious as to where Jungkook was taking this conversation.

"I mean, if you said that to me, I'd probably feel really ty. Because, if Tae said that to me, I'd think that he meant that I wasn't important to him and that it wasn't worth his time to be with me, do you understand what I mean? It's just, the way you worded it sounded like you just didn't want to spend time with Yoongi hyung. I hope that didn't sound too mean, but yeah. To me, it sounded like you completely brushed him off."

Jimin's jaw slowly dropped open, a look of awe on his face as he slowly played what he said earlier in his head.

"."

"Jimin?"

"You're right."

Jungkook scrunched his nose up, happy that he was right but sad that his hyung was feeling bad. He didn't want anyone to feel bad about the party. Taehyung had been really looking forward to holding it, and knowing that Jimin and Yoongi were kinda fighting about it would break his heart.

"Jiminnie, why don't you try to convince Yoongi hyung to come with you tomorrow?"

That made the older boy groan, the sound erupting from deep within him.

"Oh my god, you have no idea, Jungkookie. I tried. I tried very hard, but he was adamant about not going. But I have to, Kook! I'll apologize to him later! I really want to go to this party!"

"But you don't have a costume."

"But I don't have a costume."

Jungkook and Jimin stared at each other for a second, both of them thinking and coming up with absolutely nothing. Then, Jungkook sat straight up in his chair and almost screamed.

"Why don't you just sneak back into your house and grab the costume then? Go back at like, two in morning or something when you know he'll be sleeping and grab it and go? You have your key, right?"

Jimin was being all kinds of amazed by this kid tonight.

"Jungkook you are a ing genius. Then can I crash here until I go back? There's no way in hell I'm going back now. He'll know. And he'll win."

Jungkook picked up another piece of pizza and started eating the crust first, sending Jimin a glare when the older boy raised his eyebrow in question at him. He spoke around his food, purposely spitting some crumbs in Jimin's face.

"Yeah, we've gone over the whole 'he'll win' part. And sure you can stay over, just don't ruin my house. I don't trust ya yet, kid."

"Jungkook. I'm literally two years older than you. And I've known you for like, six years! What the hell? You can't call me kid. And why don't you trust me?"

Jungkook pointed to him.

"Contrary to popular belief, Jiminnie, that is exactly what I just did. I am afraid that you must just accept that fact. I call everyone kid." 

"Not Taehyung."

"Taehyung is my boyfriend-"

"So you trust him?"

"Yeah? Of course I do-"

"Then why don't you trust me?"

Jimin narrowed his eyes at Jungkook, and the boy just looked at him with disinterest in return.

"Jimin, you gotta understand that I do trust you. Just don't up my couch, that's all I'm saying. This place needs to last me at least two more years, alright?"

The shorter boy nodded slowly, eyes still wary of Jungkook. He stood up and grabbed his pants (they were much drier than before, but they were still a bit damp. Jimin also doesn't know why he brought them with him to eat dinner) and made his way over to the couch. He peeked his head over the ratty brown sofa and watched as Jungkook took out his phone, smiling almost instantly as he scrolled through the many messages that he had.

Ahh, it must be Taehyung.

Jimin smiled and looked away, placing his pants onto the ground. He took a blanket sitting on the side of the couch and pulled it over himself, turning in for the night.

It had been a wild ride and he was going to need some rest if he was going to be sneaking back into his house tonight.


There was either an earthquake going on or Jimin was dying because he woke up and his entire world was rocking. 

Not in a good way.

"What the  is going on? Am I dying? Oh god, I'm dying, aren't I? Holy hell, somebody save me from this world-"

"Jimin, no, shut the up. It's one-thirty in the morning, I'm just waking you up. Don't you want to sneak back into your house or something? I was just waking you up since it's pretty late, and I know that your house is close, but, yeah, you should maybe get going?"

There were a flurry of blinks as Jimin slowly sat up, running his hand through his hair while taking in his surroundings. A light was on in the corner and the curtains were open, the light from the city filtering into the small apartment room. Jungkook was standing above him, arms high in the air as a yawn escaped him. His brown hair was a mess and sticking up in every direction, the boy himself only just wearing a large black hoodie and... no pants?

"Jungkook, are you wearing any pants?"

The brunet put his hand against his forehead, a grimace making its way onto his face.

"What? No. I don't sleep with clothes on, Jiminnie. I put on this hoodie just for you. I usually just sleep in my boxers. Now, are you going home or what? You can come back here after you get the costume, alright?"

Jimin nodded while getting up, throwing the blanket to the side and running his hand through his hair one more time. He picked his pants up from off of the ground and started walking to the door before he stopped in his tracks, spinning around on his heels. He placed the pants on Jungkook's head, looking right into the younger's eyes.

"Will you keep these for me? I don't really want to throw them into the house when I get there and run. I'll take them back when I have time."

Jungkook just nodded, pushing Jimin away from him. He grabbed the pants with one hand, shoving Jimin towards the door with the other.

"Wait, Jungkookie, why do you want me to leave so quickly?"

He couldn't see him, but Jimin could basically hear Jungkook roll his eyes at him. His attitude was so loud and disrespectful.

This kid.

"No reason, Jimin. It's just literally 1:48 AM so if you could kindly LEAVE MY HOUSE THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED."

Jimin skillfully rolled away from Jungkook's pushing hand and the younger boy groaned, arms falling to his sides with the pants still hanging from his hand, no longer folded in a nice little square as they were before.

"Jungkookie, I feel like you're hiding something from me-"

The door clicked open and both Jungkook and Jimin's eyebrows raised in wonder, neither of them knowing who was at the door. Then, Taehyung slowly slipped in, bag hanging on his shoulder and tie loosened down to the third button, eyes tired and fixed to the ground.

The blond man didn't seem to notice either of the other two standing in the room, instead taking his sweet time slipping off his shoes and gently placing his keys on the counter by the door.

"...Tae?"

Taehyung looked up at the mention of his name, a smile making its way onto his face as he noticed Jungkook, and then it growing more as he saw Jimin standing beside him.

"Is this what you were hiding from me? Is that why you wanted me to leave so quickly? Because Taehyung was coming over?"

"What the hell? No! I didn't know he was coming. I just wanted you to get out of my house-"

"Sure, Jungkook, sure-"

"Chim!"

Jimin looked up to see Taehyung running towards him, a bright smile on his face as he engulfed the shorter man in a hug. His bag swung around and hit Jimin on the back of his legs, but he couldn't have cared less as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung as well.

"Ah! Chim, my Jiminnie, I've missed you! I haven't seen you in such a long time! Are you coming to my party tomorrow? You're already wearing a halo, you have to have a costume then!"

Jimin just laughed as Taehyung talked his ear off, patting the months-younger man on the back.

"I've missed you too, Tae, but can you let go of me for a second?"

Taehyung pouted, his shoulders drooping but his grasp on Jimin not loosening.

"Tae."

"No."

Jimin looked at Jungkook to help him and Jungkook couldn't help but let a small smile creep onto his face. He walked up behind Taehyung and pulled at the bottom of Taehyung's dress shirt, the older turning around and grinning when he saw Jungkook there.

"Jungkookie!"

Taehyung all but jumped on top of Jungkook, giving him a big, wet kiss right on the mouth. Jungkook's eyes went wide open before they turned into crescents, the younger boy smiling into the kiss as he held Taehyung close to him. When they broke apart, Taehyung rested his forehead against Jungkook's, looking into his eyes.

"I thought you would be asleep?"

Jungkook couldn't help but let a giggle escape him, giving Taehyung another peck on the lips.

"I was, but I had to wake up Jimin. I'm glad that I'm awake, though, because that means that I got to see you."

Taehyung smiled, lightly hitting Jungkook's arm. He wrapped his long arms around Jungkook's neck, the younger boy's hands naturally and delicately lying on his hips. Then, he turned to face Jimin, tilting his head to one side.

"Were you leaving, Chimchim?"

Jimin smiled at him, heart glowing from the small interaction between his two best friends. He nodded, waving goodbye, and quietly went to put on his shoes by the door.

"Are you coming back later, Jimin?"

With his hand on the doorknob, Jimin turned to look back at Jungkook. He shrugged, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. 

"Maybe. Maybe I'll go take a walk around town. We'll see."

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed together, but Jungkook placed a light kiss on his cheek, gently shaking his head. The blond man nodded, waving goodbye to his friend at the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

Jimin grinned.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, Tae."


Jimin didn't understand why he hadn't asked Jungkook for a sweater or a coat or even a scarf because it was even colder now than it was before. He let out a breath, watching as it condensed and floated into the air in a puff of white smoke.

The boy shuddered, picking up his pace as he walked the few minutes to his house. When he was in front of the building, he didn't even bother to look at anything around him and just walked straight in, basking in the fact that the landlord was kind enough to heat the entire building.

He couldn't be bothered to wait for the elevator, so Jimin just ran up the stairs two at a time, almost tripping at the last one but somehow managing to catch himself.

Before he walked in, Jimin made up a game plan.

The costume was in their room.

Yoongi would be asleep in their room.

Would he have moved the costume off of the bed?

Probably.

If it was on the ground, then it was just touch-and-go. Jimin would quietly walk in, leaving the door open and bolt straight for the room (thank god for linoleum tiling because Jimin would not have been able to avoid all the creaks in the floorboard otherwise). He would open the door and grab the costume, sticking a piece of paper towel between the door and the doorframe to cushion the sound when he closed it. Then, he would run back out and close the door (sound was irrelevant at this point. He's already out of the house. If Yoongi woke up then, whatever. That's a him problem) and run back to Jungkook's apartment.

If it wasn't on the floor, well, he would figure that out then.

Yes.

It was foolproof.

Jimin hopped up and down a few times while he stood in front of the door, hyping himself up. Then, he inserted his key into the keyhole and unlocked the door, turning the knob as quietly as he could.

He slipped in, facing the door, leaving it open just a crack for when he made his escape. Then, he stood straight up and almost knocked over everything when he noticed that the lights were on.

"What the hell?"

"-"

Jimin's eyes widened as he watched Yoongi almost fall from the top of a ladder, somehow managing to balance out and save himself from an almost-death.

The smaller boy closed the door all the way and walked into the room with caution, absolutely baffled as to why Yoongi was awake at two in the morning.

"Yoongi, what are you do-"

He stopped in the middle of his sentence when he noticed the box from earlier in the day sitting at the very top of the ladder, Halloween decorations pouring out from the side. There were black and orange party streamers hung all around the room, random cutouts of pumpkins and ghosts pasted around the room and on the windows. There was orange and black tissue paper on some of the lights, tinting the room and making it more seasonal.

Yoongi himself was wearing a knitted sweater with a jack-o-lantern on it. Jimin wasn't sure where he found it since he was pretty sure that it wasn't just sitting in the closet earlier that day.

Jimin turned around and looked up at Yoongi, wonder in his eyes and a smile on his face.

"What is this, Yoongi?"

The man, seemingly forgetting that he was on top of a ladder, put his hand on the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly before he, again, almost fell off and grabbed the ladder with both hands, chest heaving up and down as he slowly made his way back down to the ground.

As he collected himself, Jimin took the chance to look at his surroundings again. There were even Christmas lights hung up, all the colourful bulbs replaced with orange and black ones. 

"Well, do you like it?"

The orange-haired boy spun around, speechless.

"Do I like it? I love it, Yoongi. Why did you... what happened?"

Yoongi smacked his lips, sticking his hands in his pockets and rocking back and forth, refusing to look Jimin in the eye as he stared down at the floor.

"Well, umm, earlier, when you stormed out, I kind of realized that I was being an to you and I didn't want you to be angry with me. I wanted to decorate with you tomorrow, but you were out and I didn't know when you would come back so I started without you so that you could come back to our fully decorated house but you... you came back earlier than I thought you would and you caught me off guard... I was still going to carve some of the pumpkins and... yeah. I wanted to spend time with you tomorrow but I didn't really think about Taehyung, and I guess we could go to the par-"

Jimin jumped on Yoongi, burying his face in Yoongi's sweater.

"You are the sweetest person alive and I don't deserve you."

Yoongi was all sorts of confused, cautiously hugging Jimin back with a scared look on his face.

"Umm, what?"

Jimin just squeezed Yoongi tighter, letting go and looking him right in the eye.

"You are not an . An wouldn't do this. You are a sweet, wonderful man named Min Yoongi and I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to call you mine. I'm sorry for how I acted this morning, and you are by no means less important to me than Tae. I love you so much, hyung, and I could never live without you. Thank you so much for this."

A smile tried to make its way onto Yoongi's face, so the man just pushed Jimin's head back against his shoulder, hugging him tight so that the boy couldn't see him. A weak laugh left his mouth and Jimin felt Yoongi kiss the top of his head, but it was off center and leaning to the right.

"Look at you, sunshine, with your little halo. I guess you really are my personal little angel. I might have to change your nickname."

Jimin flushed red, trying to bury himself in the woolen sweater.

"Stop it!"

Yoongi fully laughed this time, letting Jimin peek at him from where he was pressed against the older's chest. His gums were showing and his eyes almost disappeared, and Jimin couldn't help but let a smile show on his face as well.

After they both calmed down, Yoongi couldn't help but notice that the younger was only wearing a t-shirt.

"Oh my god, sunshine, go sit on the couch with a blanket. I'll be right back. Warm yourself up, you're too small to be going out like this. You'll freeze to death and I don't need a little Jimin-sicle."

"Yoongi, you are so lame."

"Shut up. Go sit on the couch."

The orange-haired boy sat down and wrapped a blanket around himself, and soon Yoongi came back with two mugs, one an orange pumpkin and the other a black cat. Jimin stretched out his hands and gladly took a cup, the corners of his lips turning up when he realized that Yoongi had made some hot chocolate to warm him up.

The older took a seat beside him and Jimin opened the blanket to let Yoongi in with him. He let his head rest on the older's shoulder, a small smile on his face.

The steam from the hot chocolate wafted up into his face, the smell making his eyelids flutter shut and the warmth making him cuddle even further under the blanket than he already was.

A hand was soon under his chin, lifting his face up. Jimin opened his eyes to see Yoongi's face in front of his, staring down at him with a sort of kindness that made Jimin's heart swell.

Yoongi delicately kissed him, brushing some of his hair in the process. Jimin tasted chocolate on his lips and he giggled, Yoongi following him soon after.

They sat on the couch and sipped their hot chocolate, not caring that it was well into the middle of the night.


"So, are we going to the party tomorrow?"

"Shh, I want to enjoy this."

"Well, I'm just saying, if we are, then we'll need to check out our costumes."

"Wait, sunshine, no-"

Jimin was already off the couch, running to their room. He heard Yoongi following behind him quickly, almost as if he had something to hide.

Shaking his head, Jimin slid into their room and went straight to the closet. He threw it open and pulled out his costume, shirt, pants and shoes.

Still no wings.

"Yoongi, do you know where my wings are? For my costume?"

The man was leaning against the doorframe, eyes pointed up to look at the ceiling and lips pursed.

"Umm, I don't know what you're talking about."

All the emotion went slack from Jimin's face and he turned to look at Yoongi unamusedly.

"Yes, you do. Where are they?"

Yoongi bit his bottom lip, pretending to look at a watch that wasn't there.

"Would you look at that? It's almost three. We should go to sleep and totally not look in the storage room-"

Jimin pushed right passed him, running straight to the storage room. He was terrified to know what Yoongi had done with them, but maybe he just put them away? Maybe he spilt some paint on them or something, it couldn't be that bad, right?

"No, Jimin, wa-"

"WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY WINGS?"

Yoongi winced as he got to the doorway of the small room, Jimin standing in the middle of it surrounded by a bunch of boxes and a shelf. In his hands were one of his two wings, snapped in half and feathers almost completely ripped off.

"Hyung, what happened?"

"I don't actually know."

Jimin looked straight in front of him, his eyes dead. He opened his hands, letting the wings just fall to the ground.

"Okay. It's fine. Whatever."

The orange-haired boy walked into the main living area of their house and took a seat on the couch, eyes void of any emotion and staring off into space.

"Jimin? Sunshine? I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

Yoongi chewed on his bottom lip, delicately sitting down beside Jimin again. He looked at the small boy from the corner of his eyes, the orange light making his hair shine that much more. Kind of embarrassed, Yoongi took his phone out from his pocket and took another picture of Jimin, only grinning when he saw how well it came out.

"Did you take another picture of me?"

"Shut up. You looked cute. I had to."

Jimin smiled, tips of his ears just the slightest shade of pink.

"I can't be angry at you. I love you, Yoongi."

He rested his head on Yoongi's head and the older's hand automatically made its way into his hair, using his left hand to take the halo off and throw it on the ground behind him. His fingers quickly got tangled in the younger's orange locks and they smiled at each other.

"I love you too, sunshine. Happy Halloween."

"Happy Halloween, Yoongi."