Twenty Three

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV

"Guys! Turn on the TV! Hugs&Kisses will be on soon!" I shout while ending the conversation with SeolHyun. She actually called me, finally. I've been waiting for her call all week. It's not unusual for her to call me now, right before her special stage. I figured she would. She even wants to talk after she's done today. I want to tell her some things too. Like how she shouldn't be afraid of telling me what's going on. I'll be waiting for her to feel comfortable enough to tell me. 

"His girlfriend will be on TV", Changkyun teases me while I sit down beside him. It earns him a firm slap on the back. They just can't let it go, can they? I can't even figure out my own feelings. 

"I wonder what they will be doing", Kihyun joins in the conversation as he puts some snacks in front of us. Today is our last day of vacation, before recording again. Jooheon has been dragging us to the studio now and then to record some samples, but that's all we would do. We wanted some time off too, Jooheon never takes time off. 

"Shhhh, it's about to start", I shush them and Hyungwon sends me an annoyed look. Normally I would be the one talking a lot, together with Minhyuk, but not today. I want to see and hear how she does. 

The screen goes dark for a moment and a familiar beat starts playing. It's Girl's Day's 'Something'. They're going for a y concept. I'm not sure my heart can take it. She stands out, the second the lights come on she's all I see. And it feels like her eyes are looking at me, not the camera. It's ridiculous, but it feels that way. Every movement she does oozes and I can't stand it at all. She used to be so innocent, but ever since the school uniform debacle I've been looking at her differently. This doesn't make it any better at all. The split in her dress is way too high and I can see too much . Weirdly, it suits her. She looks as if she's been doing this all her life. The dance goes smoothly as well. I can hear the fanboys in that room going crazy already, as well as the fanboys next to me. All the boys are fawning over her group, just like that. Crazy, hormonal boys. But then again, what am I? I'm kind of losing my mind from just looking at her. Before I know it, the song is over and she's gone again. I want to see her. Correction: I need to see her. 

"Where are you going?" Shownu asks while I get up and grab my coat. 

"I need to be somewhere", is all I mumble before sliding out the door. 

I've never run as fast as this before. My feet feel like they're flying over the pavement as I run towards the broadcasting station. I need to see her, I need to tell her. To tell her about how I'm feeling right now, this feeling is so foreign, yet it feels as if its always been there. It could make things very difficult for us, but I feel as I might die if I don't get it off my chest. My heart keeps fluttering inside my chest as I run my hardest. I've never been much of a runner, but running towards someone you've fallen head over heels for is surprisingly easy. The easiest thing I've ever done even. The only thing going through my head is how she's going to react to this confession. What if I choke? What if she rejects me? I can't seem to shake the feeling she might not want me in the same way. I did after all abandon her when she needed me most. Has she really forgiven me for all of that? What if she can't get over that? 

I shake my head while running a bit faster than before. I push myself harder as I see the broadcasting station coming into view. They need to let me in, they know me. The only thing I want is to see SeolHyun, to hold her and tell her everything I'm thinking of. 

"Excuse me, you can't go in there", a guard stops me at the entrance. 

"I'm sorry. I'm Shin Wonho, from Monsta X. I forgot something inside last week and just realised it", I try, but I'm too out of breath to say anything else. 

"You are not currently promoting so you can't go inside", he tells me and I slump down a bit. Maybe I can call her to come outside? 

"For god's sake, let the boy in", someone else says behind me. It's Heechul from Super Junior, a group I respect a lot. "Can't you see he ran all the way here? Whatever he lost, it must be precious." 

I bow deeply for my elder and mutter words of thanks. He winks at me and takes me inside of the building. 

"I don't know what it is you're running so hard for, but when a man cares so much for something he must not be stopped by anyone", he says in a low voice.

"I can't thank you enough, sunbae-nim", I bow even deeper than before. He just laughs it off and waves at me. 

"Make sure you find it in time!" he says while walking away. My heart is still beating overtime. I make my way to the exterior of the building, where we first really admitted to the tension between us. Maybe she'll come here, she loves to see the stars after all. They comfort her in times she feels really stressed out. We used to look at them a lot while sitting on my roof, back home. I just hope she hasn't changed in that aspect. I stand there for a while until the door opens. I see a small feminine figure slipping out and sighing. She looks at the stars and I smile at that old habit. I was right about her loving the stars. This makes me feel a little more assured. 

"You looked amazing tonight", I say in a low voice. She tops looking at the stars and then turns around with a smile plastered on her face. 

"Did you like it?" she is shy when she asks this. I can't seem to hold on to my composure. Everything feels too serious to joke around. 

"I didn't like it", I'm not even lying. I didn't like on bit of it. 

"Oh, what was wrong with it?" her timid side returns as she looks down at the ground. My heart is beating even faster now. 

"Nothing. You were perfect", a sigh escapes my lips as I take her hand in mine and intertwine out fingers. She feels so natural to me. 

"Then why didn't you like it?" her eyes stay casted downwards. 

"Because I was not the only one who got to see you like that. I'm jealous of all the guys falling in love with you tonight because I want you for my own" the confession starts when I find her eyes. My hand instinctively reach up to the crook of her neck. I want to feel her in my hands. She leans into it, without thinking and I lean into her. She's pulling me towards her without even trying. "Because tonight, I really fell in love with you." Now it's really out there. 

I close the gap between us and feel her hot breath coming out raggedly. It pleases my to see she's as nervous as me. I my lips while keeping her gaze captive. I let go of all of my nerves while inching even closer to her. Our noses are barely touching. 

"Did you?" her voice trembles while my heart falters just for one small beat. Next thing I know my lips are touching hers. It's the most intense feeling I've ever felt. I have kissed girls before, but she's the only one who can make me weak in the knees. My hand finds her waist while the other one helps me in pulling her closer. I can't seem to get enough of her as I deepen our kiss. My tongue slides over her bottom lip and she opens up willingly. She's clinging on to me as if her life depends on it. Which encourages me even more. My world has never been more shocked, and at ease. It's a strange feeling to describe, but it's like everything is falling into place, just from one kiss. My heart belongs to her, hell, my whole being belongs to her. She can have all of me if she wants it. And even if she doesn't, I've always belonged to her in some kind of way. Just never more than this. This is all I need in life and so much more. I don't care what other people are saying or are going to say. This is my whole world now. She is my whole world now. And nothing can stop me now, not even death itself.