Middle

Wandered Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From her desk, she looked up from her paper works and looked at the calendar on her desk. April 18th. Her eyes narrowed. “Today is her birthday.” she thought to herself as she paused in the middle of signing a document. “She'd be, let's see… Twenty seven today.” A small smile graced the corner of her lips as she wondered what she was doing at that very moment.

Flashback

“Tiff, where the hell are you taking me?”

“Relax Jess. We’re almost there.” Tiffany answered. A sly smirk forming on her lips.

After her nine p.m. recording session, Jessica was surprised seeing Tiffany waiting for her outside the recording booth. As soon as Tiffany got a hold of Jessica, she dragged her to the parking lot and made Jessica got in the car.

They stopped at the entrance of the familiar high-rise condominium, confusion written all over Jessica’s face. Tiffany made Jessica wear the hood of her jacket to avoid making commotions before getting off the car.

“Fany, what are we doing here? Yoong’s in Australia for a business meeting. She’s not here.” Jessica stopped walking as soon as they enter the building. Tiffany on the other hand, still not answering Jessica’s question, dragged the girl again.

They went up where Yoona’s unit located and stop right in front of the door. Tiffany faced Jessica with a smile on her face. “We’re here. And I’m going to leave now.”

“Are you kidding me?” Jessica asked, annoyance obvious on her face.

“Just open the door. It’s unlock.” Tiffany said, winking at Jessica as the girl rolled her eyes.

“Happy Birthday, Jessica.” Tiffany gave Jessica a tight hug before walking away from the girl.

“What am I supposed to do here?” Jessica whispered to herself. Sighing before finally deciding on opening the door.

Opening the door, Jessica saw a bunch of different colored balloons floating up the ceiling. She entered the room and saw scattered confetti on the floor. At the end of the room, there’s a girl holding a bouquet of flowers, a gigantic bear plushie and a paper bag.

Jessica cannot contain her tears anymore as happiness enveloped her. She walked closely to the girl who has a big smile on her face.

“Hi baby.” The girl called her.

“Yoong.” Jessica cooed, speechless because of the current happenings.

As soon as Yoona saw the tears on Jessica’s face, she immediately put down the gifts that she was holding and put her arms around Jessica. “Hey. This was supposed to be a surprise to make you smile, why are you crying?” Yoona comforted her.

“You idiot. You didn’t tell me you’re back already!” Jessica pinched the side of Yoona.

“Well, I can’t miss my girlfriend’s birthday, right?” Yoona said as she planted a soft kiss on Jessica’s forehead.

Jessica hugged her girlfriend, planting kisses on the girl’s neck. “Thank you, Yoong. For this. For being here.”

A smile formed on Yoona’s lips as she breathe in the scent that she was missing. “I told you I’d do anything to keep you happy, remember?” Yoona said, breaking slightly away from the hug to wipe the tears falling from Jessica’s eyes. “Happy Birthday, baby.” She greeted Jessica before kissing her fully on the lips.

End of Flashback

There was a knock at the door. "Boss?" a voice said from outside. "Boss, you have a delivery. They won't let me sign for it."

The brunette let out a heavy sigh as she pushed herself away from her desk and stood up off her leather chair. Luna stood at the door holding a clip board and pen. Yoona took the pen and scribbled her name down. "What is it?"

"I don't know," Luna said as she handed the clip board back to the delivery man. He handed her a small brown box and Luna looked over at it before raising her eyebrow questioningly. "Boss, did you subscribe to one of those CD clubs?"

"What?" Yoona asked, frowning. She reached out and took the small cardboard box from Luna. It was from a record label and hand addressed to her. Her eyes went wide as she recognized the handwriting, even after all those years. The flowing, curved writing, slanted to one side with over sized capitol letters were like the owner's name had written their own name rather than hers. "Thanks, Luna. I'll take it."

"Okay, but don't forget to cancel your subscription or they'll charge you!" Luna called as Yoona closed the door behind her. Yoona headed to her chair and sat down.

A nervous hand ran down the side of the box. It was addressed to a CEO Im Yoona...how did she know that Yoona had become a CEO? Yuri and Tiffany? Yoona had heard a rumor that Tiffany was dating some manager of a famous singer. And Yoona knew that Jessica had hired Taeyeon to be her manager.

But when Jessica hired Taeyeon, they were no longer together and Yoona had no right to be jealous. Even though she was. Without hesitating a moment longer, she ripped it open and shook its contents out. It was a CD with a post it on it. She looked over the yellow piece of paper that had black ink writing on it.

"Sorry it's so late, but congratulations on being the CEO, Ms. Im! Listen to Golden Sky, I wrote it." she read quietly. “Late is an understatement. It's been almost a year.”

Yoona peeled the piece of paper off the CD and looked around her office. Her computer was on and she opened its CD drive, gently placing the metal disc into the computer. She purposely played the said song first and within a few seconds, a soft melody was playing from her computer. She leaned back against her chair as the sound of a young woman's voice floated through the air.

She looked at the cover of the CD to look at Jessica's side profile. The album's title – With Love, J. ”Still as beautiful as ever.” Yoona slowly put the album back on the table and closed her eyes. It's been so long since she heard her voice. All she received from Jessica were the occasional cards on her birthday and holidays.

“Did she dedicate this song for me?” Yoona thought to herself with a slight smile. As she thought about it, her smile faded. Jessica had been linked with other celebrities. Even Yoona had been in the spotlight as Jessica's infamous ex-girlfriend. Then again, so was Taeyeon. As the track died down, there was another knock on the door.

Her eyes flew open as she reached for the mouse. "Yoona, are you in there?" Yuri's voice called.

"Of course she's in there," Sooyoung replied, also outside. "Luna just told us she was!"

"Well, I know but what if she's busy or something?" Yuri replied as Yoona, in her fervor, closed the wrong program.

"Aww… Shi-" The brown haired executive struggled to suppress the swear words about to slip from as she closed the correct program and tried to re-open the one she closed.

"Yoong! We're coming in!" Hyoyeon's familiar voice asserted. There was a brief pause.

"Well, then open the door, Hyo!" Sooyoung snapped. "Don't just stand there!"

"I thought Yuri was going to open it. She's closer." Hyoyeon replied.

"Oh, forget it." Sooyoung sighed tiredly. She gently pushed Yuri to the side as she grabbed the door knob and opened the door. The trio stumbled in to find Yoona sitting at her desk, a pen in hand as she looked up from her paper work.

"What is it?" Yoona asked coolly.

"This," Yuri said as she handed in a letter. "Chairman had it sent to you."

"What is it?" Yoona asked as she looked over the white envelope.

"I don't know? A gift certificate to the record store?" Yuri said. "Aren't you missing just one of Jessica's albums?"

The letter slipped out of Yoona's hands as she looked up, trying hard to suppress her blush. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow in question. "A big fan of Sica?"

"If this is all you had to give me, you're free to go," Yoona stated as she picked up the letter once more. She turned her face away from her friends, who didn't move a muscle. As she tore open the top seal, she looked up at them. "Well?"

"Well?" Yuri asked. "Read it!"

Yoona narrowed her eyes and let out a grumble as she relented and pulled out a sheet of paper. Brown eyes scanned the black letters and went wide. She reached for her phone and grabbed the head set. "Luna!" she nearly shouted into the phone. "Get me Chairman Lee!"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter