Chapter Four

I've missed you... too

I'm reeling on Minah's request of an Appa, I knew one day this would happen... that she'd be curious of whom... but I didn't think it would happen like this. I pull my hair around like a crazy person and then shake my head re-arranging my thoughts. What do I do about this?

“Omma, I'm ready to go to school now.”

Oh great, it's time for Minah to return to school, I haven't seen Jongsuk since he told me to take a risk on him... what do I do? “Okay, where's your winter boots its snowing today?” I ask noticing her cute pink pumps. “You cant wear those to school, we're walking.”

She pouts. “I don't like my snow boots, they're black and black is the colour of death.”

I stare at her for a moment and then she retreats into her room to change her shoes. “5 year olds...” I sigh to myself.

 

“Good morning Minah! The snow wasn't too bad to walk in this morning was it? Wow you're snow boots are so cool!” Jongsuk says as we walk into the preschool.

“No, the snow was great!” Minah replies putting her bag up and changing into her indoor pumps. “But do you really like this boots?” She asks holding them up to him.

He nods. “Of course! I bet your feet were nice and cosy in them on the way to school.”

She nods back. “Yes, I suppose they're not that bad. If you say they're not.” She smiles then kisses me goodbye. “Omma, I love you very much. Make lots of money at work today so you can buy yourself some snow boots... teacher-nim really likes them, so you'll be even prettier to him.”

My eyes widen at her, then I make eye contact with Jongsuk. “Kids...” I say slowly and kiss her on the cheek. “Have fun.”

As I leave the preschool Jongsuk runs after me and stops me grabbing my elbow. “Have you thought about what I said last week?”

I smile to him and say. “Yes. A lot.”

“So, how about it?” He shivers, he didn't have a coat or even jumper on.

I take his hand and then write my number down. “You probably already have it on the records but here since it's more official this way... call me.”

He smiles brightly.

“But go inside for now, it's cold.” I push his shoulder gently. “You'll catch a chill without a coat on.”

“Work hard!” He shouts as I walk away. I raise a hand up to signal I heard him and leave.

 

When I finish work I call Jongsuk and inform him I will be a little late picking up Minah, I use the excuse I've had to stay on to sort out some promotions coming up... but I'm heading to the SM building to give back Chanyeol his money.

I arrive at the building and look up to see the banner of EXO's Christmas Album and single... Chanyeol is smiling in the photo and that makes me angrier. I shouldn't be, I don't have a right to be, why? Because I never told him he was a father. I never gave him a chance to be Minah's father... I gave him everything, he broke my heart and then I found out about Minah. My mother and father divorced because she wouldn't support me and he couldn't accept her like that. Everything fell apart in my life because of him. I stop staring at the sign and walk into the building. I approach the desk and the receptionist smiles to me. “Hi there, can I help you with anything today?”

I smile back. “Hi, I have something for Park Chanyeol...”

She looks down at her desk. “Unfortunately we do not take fan gifts here at reception, you'll need to post it to this fan mail address. We promise everything goes straight to the boys.” She smiles looking back to me.

“It's not a fan gift...” I say with a sigh. “I'm an old friend of Chanyeol's and we met recently, he left this behind. I'm returning it.”

She nods. “I'm sure, EXO treat all of their fans like friends. But you'll have to post your gift to this address...”

I sigh again, this time you can feel my irritation. “Listen, you don't have to believe me.”

“If you really are an old friend. You could contact Park Chanyeol personally.” She butts in rather rudely.

I roll my eyes. “We didn't exchange our new numbers... I was hoping not to see him again or enquire about him for that matter, but here I am. Somehow Park Chanyeol wiggles his way in again.”

She smirks. “Wriggles his way in? Sounds like you're trying to start some sort of scandal about him? I could report you for slander. Now if you don't leave I will call security.” She picks up a staff walkie and points to the door.

I put the envelope on the side and say. “Just tell him it's from Kim Hyesung. He'll know.” As I go to leave I'm faced with the devil himself.

“Oh, Hyesung-ah, I thought you didn't want to see me again.” He says with a slight sarcastic tone.

“Trust me, I'm not here because I want to be.” I take the envelope I left on the counter and hand it towards him, he doesn't take it and just keeps eye contact with me. “Take it.” I say pushing it towards him.

A guy from behind him takes it and then says. “Hyesung-ssi? I've heard a lot about you.” He looks to Chanyeol and asks. “You finally found her?”

I look between the two of them, but Chanyeol's gaze is fixed on me. “Yeah, and here she is to see me. I'm surprised like you are.”

His friend looks in the envelope. “Woah, this is why you were looking for her? Did she owe you money?” He says with wide eyes and his mouth dropped.

“No, she doesn't owe me anything. I owe her, she's not accepting me kind gesture.” He states.

“I don't need it.”

He finally glances down and grabs my hand. “Where's your ring?”

I pull it from my pocket. “Here.” Then I put it back on. “Since I was coming here I didn't want people to start some rumour that you're seeing a married woman or something, I know what these scandals are like.” I sigh. “They're so easy to come about that G-Dragon has had 2 this year already.”

He scoffs. “Yeah, well I do well enough to not get into them.”

“Well done.” I say simply. “Anyway, now you've got your money back I'll be going.”

He stops me. “Take it, I want to give something back to you for all the hardships you had. I heard your parents got divorced... was it because of me?”

“Why would it be because of you? You were my high school boyfriend, you weren't that significant.” I say rolling my eyes at him.

He grabs my arm. “I was more than just a high school boyfriend. We were gonna get married.”

I make a disgusted face to him. “Oh, were we? Usually you ask someone for their hand, not assume.”

“I'm sorry...” He says taking his other hand and resting it on my shoulder. “Let's not talk here, let's talk upstairs in private.”

I shake my head and brush his hands off me. “I'm sorry I'm going to be late picking up Minah.”

“Minah?” He says slowly. “You always loved that name... even with someone else you still chose the name we spoke about.”

I nod. “Of course, we spoke about lots of names. When you finally find someone who will put up with you, you can choose another one that we liked.” I can tell that comment hurt him. But who cares... I didn't want to see him anyway. “Was nice to meet you.” I say to his friend who partially bows then looks to Chanyeol for reassurance. “Bye.” I say before walking away and out the building. I hold my chest as I feel it tightening. I hope this is over now.

 

I arrive at the preschool and am greeted by Jongsuk who's playing with Minah in the playground. They're alone, Jongsuk must have worked overtime to look after her. “Minah, Omma's here!” I call to her.

“Omma!” She shouts once seeing me. She runs towards me and I scoop her up into my arms. “Omma, teacher-nim said you were gonna be late so we played lots of games together. So don't worry about being late. I love you anyway.”

I smile to her and then Jongsuk has joined us. “Minah was very good today, but she didn't eat at lunch so make sure she eats a big meal tonight.”

I nod. “Minah, why didnt you eat at lunch time?”

“I didn't want to eat. I was busy planning your wedding.” I widen my eyes to her.

“My wedding?” I look towards Jongsuk who's smiling at her. “Who am I going to marry?”

She points to Jongsuk. He laughs with his hand over his mouth. “Now, now Minah. That's very early on yet. Your Omma has to take me on a date first.” He laughs a little louder now.

“Yes Minah. I'm not dating teacher-nim...”

She pouts. “But what about my birthday present.”

I laugh aloud and put her down on the floor. “Oh, Minah I told you...”

“Minah!” Jongsuk saves me. “I'll see you tomorrow?”

She smiles. “Yeah, teacher-nim said we're gonna paint tomorrow! I love painting!”

“Yes, please put her in some older clothes that you don't mind getting mucky.” He says poking his tongue out to Minah and making her laugh. Again I'm thinking how great a father he would be, suddenly my bad mood from before has completely gone.

I nod. “Okay, we'll see you tomorrow.”

He waves goodbye and as we leave the school grounds there's a loud slam of a car door. I look around to see where about it came from.

“How old is that child?” It's Chanyeol.

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 

 

Thank you for reading <3

128ve980'x