BOYFRIEND: YOON DOWOON

EVERYDAY6: ONE-SHOTS COLLECTION

 

You are reading a novel  at a park near your house when a group of boys approaches you. You look up.
"Not now. I'll tell her next time." A deep voice could be heard. The boys keep pushing this one boy with milky white skin.
"AANI! NOT NOW!" The boy says with strong busan accent. You're getting scared since you are alone so you walk away from them. 
"What are you doing? Go and chase her!"
"Next ti-"
"GO."
You can hear footsteps.
"I LIKE YOU." 
You stop on your track. And turn. You can not help but laugh when you see his face. His face is as red as tomato. And he keep turning  his head to look at his friends, to ask for help.
"Are you breathing?" You asks.
"Ye..yes?" He looks at you but shifts his eyes right away to avoid eye contact. He closes his eyes, exhaling and inhaling loudly. "I am."
You laugh again. He is so adorable.
"I've a boyfriend." You state. 
"Ye..yee..yes?" His eyes grow bigger out of shock.
"You."

 



First date.


He said since he wants to know you better, he will spend time with you at the park instead of going to the cinema or amusement park like other couples did. You gladly agreed to that.
"I'm here." You wave your hand at him from the bench you are sitting on. He shyly smiles at you and wipe his forehead with the back of his hand.
"Why did you bring such a big bagpack?" You touch his bag and he almost flinches. He put his palm on his chest and exhales loudly.
"Are you afraid of me?" You unconciously pout.
"AANI!"
"You are avoiding my eyes." He looks into your eyes right away. Poker face on but his ears are both red. He is so cute. The eye-contact continues until he suddenly chuckles and covers his face with both hands. That's freaking adorable!
"Are you okay? Your face is so flushed, i think its going to explode soon." You tease.
"AANI. Hehehe." 
What can you do? You're falling for his charms already.



100 days.


"When are you going to tell me?" You asks. You are walking with him at a beach. The wind is blowing and it feels nice.
"Tell you what?"
"What do you like about me? Why do you like me?" Your face feels warm. You suddenly feel shy.
"Do.. Do you have to know that?" He is panicking.
"Of course. It's been 100 days. I need to know." You look up, scanning his side profile.
"Can I tell you later?" He scratches his neck. You smile and shake your head. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again. He faces you, looking straight into your eyes. Then, he spins his body to the different direction. He fans his face with his hand.
"It's okay. I don't want to know anymore." You fake a sad expression and walk ahead of him.
"W-wait!" He runs to you, almost stumbles due to sudden stop in front of you. He suddenly reaches out to your face, placing his palms on both of your eyes. Now, you can't see anything.
"Because you're beautiful. When I first saw you, you were reading at the park. I was passing by with my bicycle. You looked so pretty. My heart went dugeundugeunbadungbadung and that time I knew. You are the one for me."
"Were you the boy who crash into the big pot near the park after I caught you looking at me?"
"That was me. I'd been stalking you since the day I fell for you."
"You usually wore a mask. No wonder I didn't recognize you the day you confessed to me."
"Yeah.."
"Can I see you now?"
"But I'm shy."
"It's okay. I won't say anything funny." You say. He takes his hands away from your face. He is looking at you with so much love, you feel like you're drowning.
"Your eyes are shooting love at me." 
"Why did you have to say that??!" He turns around and fans his face. You laught at his reaction. He is so pure. So innocent. So loveable. 

 



200 days.


"For you." He hands you an ice-cream. You mutters a thank. Dowoon and you are on your way home, both still have school uniforms on. He cheerfully his ice-cream while walking by your side. You look at his free hand on his side and your free hand.
"Dowoona," You stop walking.
"Hmm?" He also stops and looks at you.
"Do you want to hold hand?" You show him your free hand. He suddenly chokes on his ice-cream, letting go the ice-cream by mistake. It falls on the ground. And the poor boy is still coughing. 
"Dowoona! Are you okay?" You pat his back to ease his cough.
"I am," he coughs. "Okay." More cough.
"My ice-cream... I'll go and buy a new one. Can you wait for me here?" He is panicking. No, he actually does not need the ice-cream. He needs time to calm himself.
"You can take mine." You offer. 
"No no no. It's okay." He wipes his sweating forehead. He starts walking so you stop him by grabbing his hand. And it's wet and cold. He stops walking He turns to face you. He looks like he is about to cry. But what he is going to say suprise you.
"I love you. I love you so much. My heart is going to burst. What should I do?"

 



"What are you going to do after graduation?" You simply ask as you pack your books. He helps you pack your stationery.
"Me? I'm going to marry you." He suddenly smacks his forehead. You smile. "AANI! I mean, I'm going to further my studies."
"Where?" 
"The college that you'll going to." He mutters under his breath. You pretend like you didn't hear that but your hearts swells with so much love for him. "I don't know. I haven't decided yet." He says out loud.
"Do you have any major in your mind?"
"Nope. But I think I will choose anything that can make it easy for me to get a job. I want to make a lot of money before I turn 25. My dream is to get married at 25."
"Oh, really?" You asks with playful tone.
"Yeah.." Then he sees your expression. "AANI! I mean...I mean.. I don't know. I haven't think of it yet." He puts his head on the table. He is shy.
"So you will further studies and plan to make a lot of money. I see. My dream is to get married after graduation."
He raises his head, "Really?"
"Yeah."
"But I don't have any money yet." He frowns.
"Then I'm going to marry anyone who has the money." You joke.
He is silent. He is thinking hard.
"Are you okay? Why are so you so quiet?"
"I'm thinking of something."
"Thinking of what?" 
"How to steal my piggy bank from my mom."

 



Another date at the park. You are waiting for him while strolling around the lake nearby.
"Hi!" He greets you from behind. You turn and smile at him.
"You're late." You state. He smiles sheepishly. 
"My mom forced me to bring Hosuni."
"Who?"
"My cat." He points at your legs. Cat?! You jump in shock when the cat rubs itself against your legs.
"Dowoonaaa!!!" You scream and rush to hide behind him.
"Why why why?" He is bewildered. Hosuni thinks you're playing with it so it chases you.
""YOOON DOWOOON SAVE MEEE!" You hold his shoulders from behind and move him around to protect yourself. You almost cry. You're scared of cat.
"Hosuna, stop!" Dowoon warns. But Hosun is so active it keep chasing you. Hosun catches your leg and you brutally flailing around.
"DOWOOOONAAAAA!" You cry. Dowoon tries to calm you by holding your shoulders. You trip on Hosun and fall into the lake with Dowoon. Splash!
"Are you okay?" Dowoon push back the strands of hair that stuck on your face. You nod and hug him. Your bury your face on the crook of his neck.
"I'm scared of cat. Don't bring it with you, next time." You say.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Let's get out of here." He puts his arm around your waist. You nod again. He helps you get out from the lake first before jumps out of it.
"Are you really okay?" He touches your cheek with a hand. You nod. Right now, he looks so masculine. His wet shirt cling on his body, showcasing his abs and biceps. You shake any funny thoughts on your mind and glance at his face. There's water dripping from his wet hair, falls on his face. You shift your sight from his hair to his eyes. He is staring back at you. Or specifically, at your lips. The tension between you and him is so strong that no one can utter a single word. Your heart flips when he inches closer. Closer. More closer. He stops and shifts his eyes from your lips to your eyes. He is silently asking for your permisson. Blood rushes to your face. You slowly nod.
"I love you." He whispers. You can feel his warm breath on your face. He cups your face tenderly, as if you're the most fragile thing in the world. He sighs before titling his face. You want to close your eyes but it's such a waste to close your eyes when this beautiful face of him is right in front of your face. Literally.
You feels something warm, something soft, rubbing against your arm.
"MEOWW~"
"KEEEP THIS THING AWAYYY FROM MEEEE!!"