Chapter 2

Love Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is dedicated to our dear and very impatient cousin Jejoon7 

 


★~¤~¤~★

Soohyun stepped out of the washroom after a hot bath, relaxed, after a long day. The room was dark, and she was not surprised. After all, her husband was never a big fan of getting busy at sleep hours.

She the lights, to hear a disgruntled groan from her husband.

"This will only take a minute, Sunggyu. Please be patient," She said in her most convincing tone of voice.

She went and sat in front of the dressing table, and started applying her daily dosage of skin care products.

"You know what, you had a lot of work to do today. You should sleep already," Sunggyu said, not the least bit worried about whatever exhausted his wife, but interested in having a good sleep.

"I know," She acknowledged. "Today has certainly been a tiring day. Oh, I didn't know RiAn's husband was your friend?"

"I didn't know either...I was shocked to know that they were getting married at the same day at the same venue...turns out they were marrying each other."

She chuckled at that, and sighed afterwards, mumbling, "Now, after MinYoung has a career and gets married to someone nice, I will be done with all the big sister duties. "

"Yes, true," He replied, rather curtly. Kim Soohyun, his capable wife, was a woman defining perfection. Successful, responsible, beautiful and merited. And rich, of course. He was the same. Handsome, talented, brilliant and, well, perfect. They were the male and female versions of perfection. To the world.

They had never admired each other in the absence of reporters and photographers. They had never given each other the space in their hearts they should have. They had accepted each other, yes, but that did not necessarily mean they were in love. Somehow, Soohyun never shone bright enough in Sunggyu's eyes to feel attracted to her. Somehow, Soohyun never felt she had rights on Sunggyu. Their marriage was nothing but an arranged "I do" and a single kiss.

He knew she was perfect. He knew everyone wanted her. He knew he should feel lucky. He knew he should cherish her. But he did not, and bothered not to. Sometimes, it is just better to not do the right thing.

After all, he has wrongly loved another girl who didn't belong to him. He was going to wrongly claim her heart and wrongly have it for himself only. He was going to make her his, and no one else had a say in that.

The lights turned off, breaking his midnight trance, as he felt another presence beside him on the bed, and a quiet 'Goodnight, Gyu'.


★~¤~¤~★


Sungyeol pushed open the door to the house, more surprised than his wife beside him. AiLee had done a great job at decorating their house, just like he wanted. Just like he knew RiAn wanted.

"Tada!" He exclaimed as he revealed the house to his newlywed wife. "How do you like it?"

RiAn walked around the sitting room with a poker face and turned back to Sungyeol, stating bluntly, "Not at all."

"What?"

"I don't like it."

"But you said you like these. Richly carpeted floor, imported furniture, gorgeous chandelier! It's all there! And in your latest interview you said, 'I'd want my husband to know it all', didn't you?" Sungyeol said in a go.

RiAn pretened to think and beamed, "Did I? Maybe. But I don't like it. Any of it. I don't like furnitures, bean bags are so much more comfortable. Chandelier? What? I want a house, not a hotel! You make me laugh, Sungyeol-sshi!"

His jaw dropped, as RiAn burst out laughing at Sungyeol's expression, helping herself to a tour around the house.

I studied abroad in the best university out there so why don't I still know how to read girls' thoughts? Sungyeol thought, standing there dumbfounded.


★~¤~¤~★


When he went to sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter