Chapter 5

Classmate, Partner, or Soulmate

 

Jongup sighed as he eyed his reflection in the mirror for the umpteenth time. 

He never realised how he has unconsciously developed feelings for you, having able to spend time with you nearly everyday. Only when he found himself getting jealous, did he notice that it is not just friendship that he is feeling.

Daehyun Daehyun Daehyun. 

How am I supposed to beat him? It's not like I'm any better looking than hyung. Or smarter. Or taller. Or nicer.

And worse of all, they knew each other since ages ago. 

Jongup grumbled as he slammed his closet door shut, roughly raking his hand through his now disheveled hair, before grabbing his bag and heading out for practice. 

Stupid Daedae oppa. She calls EVERYONE BUT ME oppa. That annoying girl. 







You sighed yet another time before opening the door to the practice studio. Since day 1, the stress and pressure you've felt have not decreased for even the slightest. And the mere thought of the possibility that you could ruin both of their auditions made you even more jittery.

But you found a new problem charging at you at full speed when you saw that Jongup decided to don a tank top for practice that day. Great. How am I supposed to survive this.





Jongup could not help but to feel disappointed when he found that practice was no different from any other practices. You paid no attention to how his attire changed, did not mention anything about the extra effort he placed into fixing his hair, after ruining it, and continued to focus on practice. What was I even expecting? For her to make mistakes all the time? Or for her to say something? Pfft. Which person in her right mind will care about what her dance partner wears for every single practice. I must be the insane one. 

'Jongup, I need the washroom for a moment.' He quickly snapped back into reality when he felt your slight tap on his arm, and nodded while he reached to stop the music. Maybe she really doesn't see me as a guy.






You shivered slightly when you splashed the freezing cold water onto your face. And fortunately for you, it helped with clearing your mind a little. 

Breathe. You can't survive practice today if you're going to keep this up. 

Your heart was racing whenever Jongup came into contact with you, which was the entire time through practice, with you having to scream at yourself to get a grip whenever his muscled arms wrapped around you. And you were getting increasingly nervous as practice continued on, before you finally decided to escape into the washroom. 

Come on it's nothing. It's a natural instinct to be attracted to attractive males. Just, don't get too distracted.

'Okay. You can do this.' You said to yourself, tying up your hair back into a neat ponytail and wiping the drops of water off your face. 

Smile, look unaffected, and it'll end before you know it.






Thankfully, the drama happening back in the studio was more than enough to get your mind off whatever that was troubling you just minutes ago.

The moment you opened the door to the studio, a loud smash was heard and you immediately flinched, gearing yourself for the impact, before noticing that the bottled water had landed on the floor next to you. 

'Who's that? Is she why you dumped me?' A high pitched voice shrieked, and you saw Minah shooting daggers through her eyes at you.

Wait, so it's real? That they broke up? And Jongup broke it? Not the other way round?

'Classmate.' Jongup said indifferently as he grabbed onto the fuming female by her elbow.

Tsk. Classmate huh. What an introduction.

'And you asked her to be your dance partner but not me? Can she even dance? I've never heard of her. I’ve never even seen her before.’

You nodded slightly to yourself as you listened to her ramble on as though you were not there in the same room, taking note of her change in tone whenever she mentioned you. She has a valid point. See, that's why he shouldn't have forced me into-

But before you knew it, she was heading straight for you. 'Stop it-' With Jongup's efforts to hold her back going into the drain. 

‘Who are you? Do you really think you have what it takes to date him?’ She spat into your face, followed by a snicker. 'Do you even look into a mirror?'

And this is why I don't like to get involved with popular people. 'I'm not dating him.'

‘Don't even think that you have a chance to date him! Who are you to even be his dance partner. You sure have some guts don't you-'

'Get out.' Jongup's tone sent a chill down your spine, and you could tell that he was not the slightest bit pleased with the words coming out of . You yourself have never heard such a cold tone from him before, and could not help but to be slightly taken aback. 

'Why should I? This over here stole you-'

Just when Jongup was about to explode, the door opened to reveal an extremely confused Daehyun. 'Why are you standing by the- Oh, Minah, what are you doing here?' He asked, addressing you who stood rooted by the door, before turning to the other party.

With a quick glance at Daehyun, Minah noticed the look that he gave you once he stepped in and froze slightly, realizing that she might have gotten things wrong. 'Oh, it's nothing. Sorry for intruding.' And her stark change in tone caught you off guard as she gave you a bright smile, before quickly making her leave.

And being the only one who caught on the reason behind the change in Minah's attitude, Jongup could not be any more annoyed at the fact that Daehyun was the one who made her leave. 







Just when Jongup thought that the day could not possibly get any worse, he had totally forgotten that Daehyun was to join the both of you for practice that day. And he was soon regretting even agreeing to it in the first place as he watched the both of you seated closely to each other. Taking note that the both of you were drinking from the same bottle.

'So is there something between the two of you that I don't know but should know about?' Daehyun asked casually, to which got Jongup's full attention.

'It's just a business relationship.' Without a moment of hesitation, you answered, gesturing between the both of you.

For a second, Daehyun was about to accept that answer, until he realized that knowing you, it didn't make sense for you to agree to helping any of them out. Especially Jongup.

'Did Jongup blackmail you?' He asked worriedly, giving a glance to the said male.

'Why would I do that?' Jongup answered exasperatedly, the way you said 'business relationship' without a hint of emotion printed clearly in his head.

'Just wanted to check.'

'What for?' Jongup said without thinking, not realizing that he snapped. It's not like there's anything between the both of you either.

'I think that's a long enough break for now, should we continue?' Having caught on, unlike you, Daehyun quickly changed the topic, pulling you up on your feet. Not realizing that this change in topic wasn't for the best.







Having spent the first half of the practice with you, it was now Daehyun's turn. Jongup was given the choice to move to another empty studio to continue practicing, but he'd rather not if it meant that he had to leave the both of you together out of his line of sight.

So here he was, sitting quietly by the corner of the room as he tried to keep his emotions in control. However, despite all his urge to not look at you, he could not remove his eyes from you at all. 

And that was how he nearly sprang up from the ground when he saw your eyes lose focus and your legs nearly giving away. 

'You alright?' Daehyun asked as he grabbed onto you by your waist, while you tried to stabilise yourself with your hands gripping tightly onto his shoulder.

'I-I'm fine.' You stammered, having lost concentration for just a mere second. 

'Is it the injury? Did you injure yourself again?'

'It's not that- I probably didn't sleep well last night.'

'I'll bring you home first.'

'You don't need to-'

'Just listen to me-'

The both of you were startled when the door closed with a loud bang, and Jongup was nowhere to be seen.

'What's with him today?'

'I don't know- Maybe he woke up at the wrong side of his bed.'

'Are you sure you're okay though? Do you want to just stop here today?' Daehyun asked again, his grip finally loosening when he confirmed that you were able to stand on your own. 

'But we barely started-' You tried arguing your way through, but it was of no use. Seeing how Daehyun was already packing up your things for you. And you knew better than to go against him.
 

 



'Are you getting enough rest with all the practices?'

'Yes I am.' You answered, for the umpteenth time that evening. 

'Are you sure?' His face appeared right before yours again as you came to a stop. 

'Oppa, I'm fine. Really.'

'Then how would you explain that little black out you had back there?' 

And to think that you thought you got over that too easily. 'Daehyun oppa-'

'Fine. I'll stop harping on it. But make sure you get enough rest or else I'll be talking to Jongup.'

 

 





You were startled by the bell ringing late into the night, and quickly went to check through the peephole. Moon Jongup?

'What are you doing here?' You asked, the moment you opened the door to  find him standing at your doorstep. 'Did I accidentally take something from you earlier today?' You instinctively dug for your pockets, only to have your hands grabbed by him.

'What did you say we were?'

You tilted your head slightly as you eyed the male before you. 'What do you mean?' But he doesn't look like he's drunk or anything?

'When Daehyun hyung asked. Our relationship.' He said, slowly, word for word, his head leaning closer to yours so that you could hear him clearly.

'Business relationship?' You tried, the only thing that you could vaguely remember from earlier on. You didn't even know what he was exactly asking for, or if you were giving the answer that he wanted.

'Say that again.'

'What? Business re-' You could barely comprehend what was happening when you were suddenly cut off by his lips on yours. 'M-' Your mind blanked out as you froze in place, his hand on the back of your neck as he held you in place, the kiss deepening as the clock ticked. 


And you still didn't know if that was the answer he wanted.

 


 

[A/N] Update!! After what seemed like ages >< Really sorry for the long wait!

Hope that this chapter is fine, hope to receive comments from any of you! 

Thank you! <3