Day One

Royal Bequeathing

 

It was another peaceful morning. The beautiful weather, the warm rays of sunshine illuminates the café as the melodic chirping of birds can be heard. A relaxing tune played from the piano exudes elegance as the warm breeze of the spring wind carries along some flowery petals with it as it envelops a modern designed, 5-story brick building that houses a famous café with its good-looking waiters and its Music Store which brings a contrasting nostalgic feel from its modern façade.

That was just how the morning was when a shrieking scream broke all its peace as Hades had just unleashed its Cerberus to let hell loose.

“JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING HERE YOU POUTY GAY FREAK!!” A loud scream and some crashing sounds can be heard from the once peaceful café making all the birds freak out and flew away in fear.

“Oho ho! Good morning, my lady. Did you have a pleasant sleep?” A smile can be seen at this, surprisingly, a relaxed guy even though the lady he is greeting is throwing whatever is at reach to him while he simply evades each item as if in a waltz of death.

“Don’t you dare greet me with that irritating face and OHO!! You are not Santa Clause!!! Urgh! Just why do you have to ruin my waking life INOO KEI” She got a hold of a book and threw it at him. It appears that the Amazona, the harbinger of hell whenever her morning is wrecked, is non-other than Rein herself and the object of her passion, I mean, anger, is no other than the person whose mere existence irritates her, Inoo Kei.

Rein was about to carry and throw away the Piano Set (Yes, she surprisingly is capable of it despite her petite figure) and it was the scenario Keito saw when the boys responded.

“AHHHHHHHH!!! NOT MY GRAND PIANO!!!! GET AWAY FROM IT!!!” God knows how all the color in the spectrum was drained at Keito’s face when he saw his precious piano at the edge of death. This was the first time everyone inside saw him scream and panic and lose his control as he quickly approached Rein and stopped her from going amok.

Keito then took Rein away and made her sit at the nearby sofa as he checked every nook and cranny of the piano. This scene made Rein behaved like an innocent rabbit as she noticed how worried Keito was. What surprised her is that she thought Keito was doing it to protect Kei but it seems that all he is worried about is the piano which she threatened.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?! Why are you hurting the innocent piano!” Keito then turned to Rein who seemed to calm down as her cute and innocent face looked back at him blankly.

“And who are you to scream at her? She is not deaf. And if there is something, she doesn’t plan on hurting your piano. She just wants to erase someone’s existence.” Chiaki then came out to defend Rein as she then checks on her.

“You ok?” Chiaki asked as Rein just nodded cutely at her.

“I’m hungry.” Rein then pouted and it was just too cute that it made the other guys dumbfounded.

“How did she transitioned from being a scary little devil into someone soooo adorable!” Hikaru whispered into Chanyeol who just scratched his hair in frustration.

“If only I can answer that myself. But isn’t it amusing how Keito almost lost all his sanity?” Chanyeol laughed as he then approached Rein and Kei while Yabu and Hikaru are now all busy trying to fix things.

“What happened?” Chanyeol then approached Kei who was busy brushing off and fixing his clothes and eyes on a set of baggage at the corner. Chanyeol traced his line of sight and was wide-eyed.

“You mean, now???” Chanyeol seemed to understand what Kei meant and that guy simply gave a cheeky smile and nodded gracefully.

“You might need help on these troublemakers. I will be a volunteer then. So, where is my room?” Kei then asked like no major crisis and like the world was not going to end just a while ago.

Chanyeol was about to reply when the demon inside—I mean, when Rein got a hold of the situation and was about to go berserk but was all stopped when Chiaki found a croissant and stuffed it in which calmed her down and made her get back to her seat and glared daggers at Inoo. This surprised Keito again and almost lost his balance as he was already busy helping Yabu and Hikaru in cleaning out all the mess from Rein’s wrath.

“Sorry to ruin your awful day already Rein but yes. I will be staying here because you know, you will most likely need my assistance in coping up with this new environment. Also, you need a benevolent benefactor, right?” Kei gave off his charming smile and only made Rein snort while enjoying her croissant.

“If you have things you want to discuss, then tell it to neechan,” Chiaki said as she hands out a hot chocolate to Rein.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, where is she?” Kei tilted his head at the side and started looking around.

“Still asleep,” Chiaki said which surprised everyone.

“Wake her up.” Chiaki then looked at Rein as she stood up cutely and gave a salute to Chiaki while running back to their room to wake Sato.

“You mean, she is still asleep despite everything?! Just what kind of a sleeper can she be?” Hikaru was just so surprised at how someone can be oblivious to everything.

“Let’s go and have our breakfast, shall we? It's going to be a long day for all of us anyway.” Chanyeol leads them to the dining hall as they took their usual positions. They waited for a while and soon after, they saw Rein as she was followed by Sato soon after.

“Good morning!” Kei greeted with his ever-charming smile as Rein and Sato took their seats.

“Did you know that your sister almost destroyed a part of our house and almost killed this guy?” Kota made a surprising remark directed at Sato which surprised most of them since he usually doesn’t talk that way.

“Oh! That…” Sato then looked at Kei and Rein from head to toe and took a sip of her tea.

“They are ok. Nothing to worry about I guess.” She answered without even throwing Kota a glance.

“Excuse me, do you have more sugar cubes?” Sato asked Chanyeol instead as she completely just ignored Kota which made him more infuriated. Chiaki then passed on 5 cubes of sugar to Sato.

“They did not put any sugar on it,” Chiaki said while handing it out. All the other guys were looking wide-eyed as Sato drowned each sugar cube in her tea before taking a sip.

“hmm...” She then gave a satisfied hum while drinking her tea.

“Apologies. I forgot to advise that she fancies sugar in her tea.” Kei whispered at Chanyeol who was sitting beside him.

“You told me she likes it, but you forgot to explain that she likes it to this extent.” Chanyeol simply sighs as the others then started to eat.

“Since we are all here, and well, we are all now aware that aside from Satomi, Chiaki and Rein; Kei will also be here to stay as a tenant to give us all a helping hand. As agreed, I am aware that our ladies here are all from noble lineage and thus, they know nothing about serving and all the basics that are done by common folks like us. You have nothing to worry about since we are here to guide you. For now, we will need your help with serving as a waitress or on cooking or maybe in the music shop. It will depend upon the need so I do hope you guys will be patient enough on showing them the ropes.” Chanyeol then looked over the guys as he asked for their help and cooperation.

“You can certainly count on us!” Hikaru replied with a big smile as it reveals his little fangs.

“As long as they don’t destroy my instruments… I’m fine with it.” Keito then shrugged while eating.

“This is pointless.” Kota then sighs as he rests his face at his palm.

 

 

“Of all people, why am I stuck with you?!” Kota muttered to himself in frustration as he was busy checking on some fabrics that the ladies and Kei will need for tailoring their uniforms. He was looking at affordable and durable materials while taking into consideration that the uniforms must be comfortable to wear and will make it easy for the ladies to move around. He then took black and white fabrics which he thinks is suited and will match the uniforms they have. He also took extras which can be made into aprons as well.

He was almost finished on taking fabrics which will make up to 5 sets of uniform per person. Thinking that this will be enough and that the other sets can simply be on the laundry and can be used again.

Why was he here? He is supposed to buy additional stocks since the stocks he brought yesterday are almost consumed since they had a feast for dinner and during their breakfast since they just welcomed their “special” guests.

Kota is used on doing the errands alone since they are undermanned and he was about to pay for all the fabric but was surprised when he saw the lady he came in with (let’s name her Satomi), who was also busy looking around and was picking all the first-class fabrics!

“That one. I want that in all available colors.” She then gave orders as she simply looks at the hem of the fabric and gave instructions.

“My… Lady…. These are all…” The shop attendant was surprised at how her presence intimidates them despite wearing a simple dress and her signature black gloves.

“I know. These are all first-class and imported from Aster, right? This seems to be the best quality you have. I will make do with what is available. Have them all bagged then.” She said with confidence and an air of regality.

“What are you doing?!” Yabu then quickly came to stop the shopkeeper from taking in everything she picked.

“I am simply picking fabrics for our uniforms. What else are we here for?!” Satomi looked at Yabu with confusion.

“These are all lavish spendings! That’s unnecessary. We will go with these.” Yabu then pointed at the fabrics he chose.

“You want us to wear rags?” Satomi looked at Kota in disbelief.

“What?!” Kota was now even more furious.

“I am settling with wearing fabrics from Aster already. Isn’t that a bit too much? My sisters and I have always worn dresses made by the top…” She was about to say that all their clothes are made only by the royal couturier with fabrics made only from Azalea, the kingdom well known for producing first-class and top-quality dress materials. She stopped as it may expose their true identities since only the royals are enjoying the luxury of importing materials from Azalea. All the other nobles are using fabrics from Aster which is the second-best from Azalea’s materials. In short, only the top noble families of Azalea and the Royalties can wear Azalean clothing.

“Well look here. You are here at West Wisteria and you are no longer the noble you once were. Deal with it!” Yabu then said as Satomi took in a deep breath and glared at Yabu as she reluctantly looked at him taking all the fabrics with him.

Yabu looked at Sato as if waiting for her to assist him on carrying some of the fabrics since all those fabrics for 4 people are also quite heavy even for someone like him. But his efforts were in vain when Satomi simply walked beside him, ignoring his difficulties.

They are on their way to the tailor since Kei already have their measurements. Well, he can access some information from the royals himself.

Sato was looking around as they walk their way and Sato was curious about the hustle and bustle of the commoner’s market. Everyone in their transactions and how they all interact. She sees that nobles walking around is a rare sight. She sees bakers, farmers, fishermen, and other common folk people.

“Shige, tell me the status of this…” She was looking around and her hand looked like reaching out something behind as she is expecting the clipboard Shige, her butler, hands over to her whenever she needs something. She stopped as she remembered that she no longer has her trusted butler at her side and was a bit stoned in place. What surprised her, even more, is when she felt a heavy load of a basket with fabrics in and her composure almost ruined as she did not expect such weight on her.

“WHAT WAS THAT!?” She irritatingly said to Kota who was smirking at her.

“Time to take your part of the load. Now faster. We do not have all day!” Yabu then walked towards the tailor faster.

 

 

All the ladies in the café are at awe at the new eye candy they have in the café.

A regal-looking guy looks crisp in his suit- and tie as he simply greets every customer coming in and assists them to their respective tables. This good-looking guy has a regal aura yet a friendly and warm attitude. His face has that innocent look, and his features are soft and look very friendly. His short and shiny bob hair is flowing freely and looks fluffy to the touch. It looks like he is still new as he still stumbles now and then and all is well since he will just give out a cheeky smile and it immediately melts the customer’s hearts.

“I apologize, my lady. I am still quite new, so I am not that familiar. Please bear with my clumsiness.” He then smiles as he guides the customers who will just laugh and stare at him.

“It's ok!” One lady said

“What a gentleman!” The other commented

“As long as you stay here a bit more often, then I don’t mind.” The other lady said as they sigh in delight while watching him.

“Yo! You seem to be quite popular ne! You are doing great! Keep it up!” Hikaru smiles as he ruffles the hair of the recruit.

“Thanks to you! Your instructions are easier to follow. I can’t remember anything that bamboo told us before leaving.” The newbie complained and refers to Yabu as he then fixes his hair.

“You are natural at greeting people and making them feel warm. You don’t need much training Rein-chan! You are doing great. Well, when you are comfortable assisting, you can start getting orders and delivering. One step at a time I suppose.” Hikka smiled as he gave a big thumbs-up to Rein.

Yes.

The newbie waiter is no other than Rein himself while wearing a suit and a bowtie.

He was busy greeting customers when Sato and Yabu came back from the tailor and Sato was all wide-eyed as she came in and was staring at Rein from head to toe.

“Yo nee-chan! Welcome back! What you think?” Rein then poses coolly in front of Satomi and even turned around as if flashing out all his spectacular and cool points while her sister looks all dignified even in her simple dress while Yabu looks all flushed and tired while carrying a basket full of supplies.

“Take them to the supply room,” Sato ordered Yabu as she takes her black gloves off and looks all elegant while doing so.

“Never expect you to look good in this… outfit, I suppose.” Sato said seriously while nodding in approval as she looks at Rein from head to toe.

“You just look a bit like Head Butler Sebastian though.” Chiaki suddenly came out of nowhere and whispered to them both making Satomi cover gracefully as she tries to keep her laugh.

“Why you!? Oy!!! Why are you just appearing out of nowhere! And I am not like that old man! Aish!! Come back here Chiaki!!!” Rein then started running when Chiaki started running off and made everyone laugh at how funny they were.