Hidden Truths

Seven Days

Sungjong’s head were as muddled as the sky ( as much as his heart XD) when he woke up the next morning. He gathered the blankets around him as if his body isn’t used to waking up in such freezing temperature. His hands reached for the usual person next to him but the narrow spaced beside him is empty. Sungjong’s eyes bolted wide open.

 

For a second he looked surprised finding himself back in their dormitory but as he recalled the previous events of last night he calms down. The young boy rubbed his palm to his face as his phone flashed the time of a few minutes after five o’clock in the morning.

 

“ I gotta go” he said as he went to wash his face, grab his things, put on his shoes and left but not before sending his hyung a message thanking the older guy from last night.

 

On his way home Sungjong decided to do a little shopping and stopped by a nearby grocer. He figured that Myungsoo might be tired and hungry when he comes back. When he arrived he took a long bath, got dressed, and started their usual morning routine with making coffee before he start cracking up the eggs.

 

From time to time he would glance at his phone if there’s a message. A few minutes passed by and he decided to send a message instead.

 

Sungjong:

Hey? When are you coming back?

How’s he feeling?

Sungjong:

I’m cooking breakfast right now

Let me know if you want something to eat.

Sent.

 

Sungjong paused and stared at the words he just wrote…

:

Can you come home?..  

 

What am I doing? The younger boy sighed to himself. I sound like a clingy girlfriend. This is not me.

 He put his phone on the countertop, gathered himself and continued with his work in the kitchen, the last message left llying unsent.

 

 Soon the house stood still as the aroma of cooking food slowly fades in the air. Sungjong busied himself preping the table but soon even the house had ran out of things for him to do.  

 

“Maybe another five minutes”  The younger boy talked to his third cup of coffee. Just another five minutes

 

Sungjong couldn’t count how many five minutes had gone by but by the time he looked at his phone it was half an hour after nine o’clock in the morning and still no reply. He bit his lower lip as if preventing himself not to cry, breathe out a long exhale, went to the sink and washed his coffee mug then took his coat and went out.

 

A few days into the end of fall and the weather isn’t forgiving. The sky had been dark since this morning and the wind remained cold and chill however from time to time the sun would shine through thin cracks of clouds.

 

The younger boy walked not really knowing where to go when he decided to explore their neighbourhood hoping it may help with his project.

 

Ever since he and Myungsoo had moved into to the flat Sungjong never really had the chance to explore their neighbourhood. Simply he had lost time for himself with all the chaos that came one after the other but somehow as his feet brings him further away from the house his chest began to lighten.

 

As he passes through narrow alleys and small streets lined with houses and shops tucked or hidden away in some corners Sungjong didn’t felt bad as much as he did before. He strolled down paths he didn’t know where it would lead him and took notice of houses that stood out for him. Time seemed to walked faster than the young architect he didn’t realized he’d wandered off too far.

 

Looking around Sungjong had walked into a main street lined up with tall towering office buildings and almost everyone wears a suit. He unconsciously laughed to himself thinking what would Myungsoo looked like in a business when he heard his stomach grumble. A sweet smell came wafting into the air his his stomach made an even louder growl.  

The smell was coming from a quaint doughnut shop sandwiched between two tall buildings. There are people lining up and to his surprise Sungjong saw a familiar face quietly waiting in line.

 

“Sung…gyu?”

 

 “Well this is quite a meeting.” Sunggyu smiled as he put down his coffee . After the surprised meeting he invited the younger boy to join him. They went into the shop and the older boy ordered a cup of coffee while Sungjong went in for a sandwich and a cold lemonade, “ How you’ve been?”

 

Sungjong nodded in response avoiding Sunggyu’s eyes, “ I’m good”

 

Just awhile ago Myungsoo’s brother was quietly standing by the side street when suddenly someone called out his name just as he was handed a box of fresh doughnuts. He turned around to see Sungjong pointing at him, jaws dropped.

 

“ Come on, let it out already. You’ve been dying to laugh at me since the moment you saw me standing in the line” Myungsoo’s brother surrendered in embarrassment. Sunggyu kept his calm but his embarrassed expression couldn’t get away from the younger boy.  

 

“ Oh, no. It’s just…” Sungjong could feel his eyes watering as he pursed his lips trying not to bust out, “ it’s just, you stand out too much and… I’ve never… I mean ever thought I will see you standing in a doughnut shop  and in a suit!?”

 

The younger boy covered his face trying to stifle his laughter but his efforts were futile, well at least he could hide the tears he had from too much laughing.

 

“ You just had to rub it on my face” Sunggyu shook his head but there were smile playing on his lips.  

“I’m so sorry. I really am” Sungjong let out few a deep breathe to calm himself, “ I didn’t expect you have a sweet tooth”

 

“ I used to but when we were kids Myungsoo would beg me to buy him some on the way home to school that I developed an inclination to them” Sunggyu explained.

 

“ Oh, I didn’t know he liked sweets” Sungjong commented.

 

“ He probably hate them now so no need think about it.” Sunggyu brushed him off, “ So, why are here in the business district?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“ oh, me? I was just walking around for my project and then found myself here.” Sungjong said his order came in and he began to unwrap the sandwich. From time to time he would glance at Myungsoo’s brother as if he had something to ask.

 

“ you want to say something to me?” Sunggyu said as they got quiet.

 

“ Uhm, does Myungsoo know you’re working here?” the younger boy asked. He can’t take the idea out of his head when he realized how close he and Myungsoo have been living in Sunggyu’s workplace. It might just be a coincidence but after meeting the two brothers “ coincidence” is a word hr can hardly believe to exist.

 

“ hmmm, well he knew we have one of out main branches here but believe me he would packed your bags and left the flat the moment he knew I’m close by” Sunggyu couldn’t help but admire the young boy’s quick thinking.

“ So even though you two aren’t in good terms you still stay close by to take care of him?” Sungjong asked the obvious but with a smile on his face.

 

“ look out, I’m more of just making sure he doesn’t stray away from his responsibilites. I don’t meddle in unless necessary, “ Has he talked to you about the other night?”

 

No, hes been acting normal and tries to avoid to talk about what happened. Sungjong replied.

 

Sunggyu pauses and takes out a small card from his chest pocket,  If his condition worsens this is the best place to bring him. Ive arranged everything and the doctors are all from abroad that deal with cases like him. Ive made sure no one knows the arrangement and if anything happens the hospital will acknowledge you as his guardian.

 

Sungjong took the card and carefully slid it into his coat while Myungsoos brother silently observes him.

 

Ill try to talk to him when I get home, hes been doing okay at school but his nightmares would come every night and I didnt want the situation to get worse that it already is. After knowing the what happened with Myungsoos past Sungjong have been secretly searching about his boyfriends condition.

 

 You know,  Sunggyu said not taking his eyes off the young boy,  because of what happened to Myungsoo in the past the first time he trusted someone to take care of him and he was left to alone to die, I had a hard time trusting people who are around him. But when I found out that hes dating a former classmate, I was intrigued. Myungsoo who doesnt seem to care about himself and the world had entered an Art school just to be with you. 

 

ah.ha-ha about that Sungjond made a nervous laugh but didnt say anything. Actually hes after someone else.

 I just thought, out of every one you must be special. Turns out hes right. Now, Im just left wondering. 

 

Wondering what? 

 

 Wondering how did my brother found someone like you, what did you see in him that youre willing to do all this just to help him? What made you love him” 

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo's older brother as if the question had hit something hard deep inside of him. 

"that, question..." 

 

..............................................................................................IDeviant.........................................................................

whohoo! I was so happy I could update the new chapter now. I've been stuck in a place with to internet connection for days  I thought I'll never make it LoL! 

And it's officially been said by a good friend of mine  (to which I 100% agree) that I at making chapter titles xaxaxa! I hope you enjoy the new chapter guys, my fingers are dying to finally make ending it's in rough draft form and I hope hearts won't break........ that much. 

 

STORY TRIVIA: How did they end up as roommates? 

When Myungsoo found out that he had to transfer to another dormitory he happen to saw Sungjong's name on one of the forms and it opted him to sign up for the room.