Chapter 32| Star-struck

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pucker you lips please, dearest," Taeyeon instructed, a wand of red lip-tint in her hand. Grudgingly, I complied. She'd been applying my makeup and doing my hair for at least an hour now. When she'd appeared at my house at exactly 5, she's immediately forced me to have a shower, shave, exfoliate, moisturise and 100 other things she thought were necessary and I thought were torture. She reminded me scarily of Sunny. 

My hair was currently in curlers and I was dressed in nothing but my underwear and a bathrobe. I raised an eyebrow at her, which she recently just plucked (she plucked out more hairs than I even thought I had). 

"Did you hear about the meteor shower that's happening tonight?" she suddenly asked. 

"Huh?" I blinked, drawn from my thoughts. "Oh yeah, I heard it on the news - the Perseid one, right? Maybe we can go watch it later."

"Maybe," she hummed, a strange smile on her face. I stared at her, noting her odd behaviour.

"Tae, why are you forcing me to go through this when you're not even dressed yourself?" I asked suspiciously. She blinked innocently at me as she grabbed some eyeliner. Thank god she wasn't applying any foundation. I was getting restless from sitting for so long.

"I'll be fine. I can do everything myself but you obviously don't know the first thing about makeup, so I'm going to help you first," she replied smoothly, applying the black kohl with almost the same amount of skill as Baekhyun. Leaning back to admire her work for a bit, she nodded in satisfaction before getting out her tube of mascara. "Look up." At my groan of annoyance, she patted my cheek. "I'm almost done. Be thankful I'm not applying foundation -  you look better natural."

Sighing, I compelled. Once she was finally done poking my face with various makeup tools, she nodded in satisfaction. "He's going to love it," she mumbled quietly to herself, so quietly I almost didn't catch it. 

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. She smiled and gently patted my back.

"Nothing," she sang. "Now go get dressed! Jin will be here soon."

"But you're not even ready!" I exclaimed, glancing at my watch. She just grinned slyly, as if she knew something I didn't. 

"I'll be fine. Now go and put on that very lovely dress your stylist dropped off for you today," she told me. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at her. Something didn't seem right. Tae seemed to be putting way too much effort into my appearance rather than her own, even going as far as to call Sunny to drop over a dress I'd never worn before. Not to mention, both the style of the dress and my make up didn't seem to fit the idea of 'clubbing' at all. My dress seemed way to...nice, refined, fancy for a mere club. When I'd asked, Taeyeon merely waved her hand and said that the place we were going to was quite high-class. 

Grumbling and still suspicious, I went to get dressed, careful not to ruin the makeup Taeyeon probably put her heart and soul into doing. The dress was actually incredibly beautiful, going down to my knees. It was black with bright floral print on the underlayer of the skirt and went down to my knees. I the sleeves went to my elbows, with a thin black ribbon around my waist and a sheer layer of black chiffon over the skirt. As I walked out, Taeyeon's smile widened. 

"You look awesome," she gushed, grabbing my hand and sitting me down in front of the mirror once again before taking out the rollers in my hair. My black tresses tumbled down my hair in curls, which my friend then brushed and twisted into a loose bun, leaving my bangs out to curl and frame my face. 

"Oh, by the way, it turns out I can't go anymore," she told me casually. I blinked. 

"You what?" I asked dumbly. "But Tae, you organised-"

"I know, but duty calls, you know?" Contrary to what she was saying, she didn't seem perturbed at all about the turn of events. In fact, she almost seemed like she was expecting it, which would explain why she wasn't getting ready herself. She looked almost excited.

"What are you planning?" I asked bluntly. She just smiled knowingly, finishing my hair with a burst of hairspray before patting my back. 

"It's not me who's planning this time, actually," she told me mysteriously, before leading me to the doorway and handing me a pair of black pumps. "Now go and don't disappoint me. Jin's waiting for you outside already. He texted me just then."

I glowered at her. "Tae, at least tell me wha-"

"Don't have time! It's time to go now!" she shoved my purse and my phone into my hand before quickly pushing me out and shutting the door - effectively locking me out of my own house. I stared dumbfoundedly at the wooden slab that blocked me out of my own apartment, still trying to comprehend what Tae was trying to pull. 

Suddenly my phone vibrated, pulling me out of my stupor. Looking down, it was a text from Jin. 

Jin: 'You coming?'

Areum: 'Yeah, I'll be there in a sec.'

Deciding to ignore Tae and her weirdness for now, I reached the lobby and stepped outside, looking around for the familiar Jaguar. A moment later, my vision turned black as what felt like a cloth was placed over my eyes and something restrained my arms. Jumping in alarm, I tried to struggle before a familiar voice stopped me. 

"Sorry Areum, but I'm going to have to blindfold you," Jin's voice didn't sound the least bit apologetic. I frowned, trying to glare at him through the black cloth covering my vision. 

"What are you doing?" I demanded. 'Don't tell me Jin is part of it too,' I groaned mentally. I felt him secure the cloth around my head as I struggled weakly. 

"Now now, please don't struggle too harshly. You'll mess up your hair and then Taeyeon will kill me," Jin's voice appeared to my left and I immediately struck out, managing to catch him in the ribs with my elbow. With a huff of satisfaction, I heard him grunt in pain as he clutched his side. 

"You guys are ing weirdos. Now tell me what you guys are planning or else I will beat the out of you," I said, crossing my arms, trying to appear intimidating despite the fact I had a blindfold on and was unable to see anything. I heard Jin grumble before carefully guiding me to what I assumed was his car. After resisting for a bit, I sighed and relented. As weird as all this was, I still trusted him and Tae. I was sure whatever they were planning wasn't too dangerous - the fact that Tae had spent hours dressing me up proved it wasn't going to involve any physical activity that might ruin my appearance.

"You'll see when we get there," Jin reassured. "I promise you'll like it - hopefully."

"That's not very reassuring."

"Just trust me," his voice now sounded amused. I heard a car door open and he slowly guided me in. "Careful, watch your head."

Ducking my head down carefully, I managed to not hit myself on the car. "You know it would have been a lot easier if you just blindfolded me after I got into the car. Or better yet, just not blindfold me."

The not-so-subtle hint in my words was obviously ignored by my best friend, much to my annoyance.

"Oh, hush. You're doing fine as you are," he said airily as he started up the engine. Silence passed as he began driving. I fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter