Tiny Bladders and New Baristas

Do You Have a Bathroom?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbin was a simple guy, who liked simple things, and had simple habits. One of those habits was hydration. As someone who went to the gym frequently and kept himself in above-average condition he realized the importance of drinking water, at least sixteen cups a day to be precise. Plus it really helped his skin, but that was besides the point. The point was that he worked at a teeny-tiny local record shop. And that record shop didn’t have a restroom. Which ordinarily wasn’t a problem as most people who went shopping for actual physical records didn’t have the bladders of toddler or didn’t need to go pee at least once every two hours, but for Bin it was a huge problem. A problem that presented itself every single day that Bin went to work. Which, according to his expert calculations, meant everyday. It might have seemed like a small issue at first but it was quickly spiraling out of control. Completely, one hundred and fifty percent out of control.

But fortunately for Bin, using his above average intellect (according to him, his best friend Myungjun would beg to differ), he had come up with a solution. One that involved running to the coffee shop next door at least three times a day to use the restroom. Except that his plan had one hitch. He had been told that he could only use the bathroom if he bought something, and given his very limited college student budget, that was not an option, especially not when he had to go pee at least three times per shift. And according to his calculations, even ordering the least expensive object on the menu (a shot of espresso on ice), that came out to approximately six dollars per day, which might not seem like much but when you were making minimum wage and had to pay for your overly-priced education it was a lot. So he had done the most logical thing which he could think of- he bought one coffee per day and then would return multiple times brandishing the cup filled with some other coffee or brown liquid and use the bathroom. Surprisingly it worked flawlessly, something which he knew was only really due to the fact that the shop employees took pity on him, especially since he was literally in there every day without fail.

Over the course of the three months which he had been working at the record shop, he had gotten to know the employees of Astro Cafe quite well. Well enough so that they would laugh each time he rushed through the door casually flashing his cup which was, of course, marked with the tiny spaceship logo of the cafe. He even knew their names, Sanha and Minhyuk, and the fact that they were hardcore crushing on each other but were both too oblivious to do anything about it. As the time had passed, Moonbin had become comfortable with the arrangement, enough so that, dare he say it, he had actually come to enjoy it. So it was understandable to say the least that he was completely surprised when he sprinted in for the first time one Tuesday morning to find neither Sanha nor Minhyuk smiling brightly behind the register.

“Who the hell are you?” The words fell from his lips before he could stop them, before he could really even comprehend what he was saying. Startled, the man who was neither Minhyuk nor Sanha (he could tell by both the hair color and build), nearly dropped the coffee which he was clutching as he spun around. And this time it was Bin’s turn to be flustered, for standing before him was the most attractive man that he had ever seen and he had absolutely no idea what to do about it. They stared at each other for what must have been a solid minute before not-Sanha-or-Minhyuk broke the silence.

“Sorry, What?” The confusion was clear on his face, which Bin reasoned, made perfect sense to be there. It wasn’t every day that some kind of crazed college student burst into your place of employment and demanded to know who the hell you were.

“That came out harsher than expected,” He scratched the back of his neck ruefully, knowing full well that his face must be on fire. Frankly Moonbin found this whole situation to be rather embarrassing. Why couldn’t he just have ordered like normal and not addressed the stranger? Why couldn’t the stranger have been ugly or old or something? Why did his hair have to look so light and fluffy? Why did his eyes have to be so mesmerising a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter