It Was Always You (Falling For Me)

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 15:

Imagine your OTP's wedding reception/first dance


The wedding reception was in full swing with speeches given that veiled mild threats (Youngjae at Jongup), dinner, and dessert (cake smashed on the newlyweds’ faces). Now it was time to drink conspicuous amounts of alcohol, but first, the couple needed to do their first dance. Daehyun had a little surprise first because he was a hopeless romantic. He stood up tapping his glass getting the attention of the room and everyone quieted down looking at him.

“I planned a special surprise,” He made his way to the stage adjusting the mic when he got there. “I have a song I wanted to sing, it’s special, I was listening to it when I met Jongup and since then I always think of him when I listen to it. Start the music, Junhong.”

A soft instrumental started playing and Daehyun inhaled softly before singing the first word of Always by Panic! At the Disco and Jongup just stared dreamily while he sang each word with love. They met in high school, Daehyun was surprisingly quiet back then and an awkward theater kid and Jongup was on the soccer team, dance, and choir. Jongup could tell you exactly how they met in the band room he heard someone singing and found Daehyun singing this same song and told him he sounded beautiful. They became high school sweethearts, college lovers, and now married, Jongup knew he was the luckiest man alive.

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know

When Daehyun finished the song he caught Jongup’s eyes and smiled quickly making his way off stage to meet him on the dance floor. The soft strings of How Would You Feel started playing as the two held each other, swaying softly just soaking each other’s presence in for a while.

“I would have been surprised if you sang anything else,” Jongup leaned up and kissed him before pulling away and staring into his eyes. “I have never been so in love than I am right now.”

“Wedding’s make you cheesy, Mr. Moon,” Daehyun grinned his voice was so sweet sounding, happy, full of bliss. After all of their road bumps, fights, everything, here they were. “That’s okay I like it, I also feel the same, but I know every day I fall in love even more.”

“Who’s being cheesy now?”

Daehyun just grinned resting his forehead against Jongup’s even as the music changed to something faster paced and more people came to the dance floor. They had all of eternity to enjoy each other and this dance was the perfect start to it.