Back In Danger

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seora pouted as she stared at the servants working out in the garden. A sigh escaped her lips, as she was extremely bored by staying inside the mansion all day long, doing almost nothing. What worried her the most was that Chanyeol had been staying in the palace for three days straight. After the day had washed his clothes, she woke up in her room the next day, not knowing when or how she got there. And since then, he was not home, and Yuha had been told that he was busy with some new mission, and will not be returning for a few days. But the actual reason was that Chanyeol wanted to stay away from her. He his mind was confused and he felt uneasy whenever Seora was around, and instead of sorting out his thoughts, he chose to stay away from her. He thought it was the best option, and went to the palace giving his work as an excuse.

Seora was fed up of being alone, since even her sister and Nuri had gone the same day Chanyeol had left. She was now thinking of all kinds of things she did when she was bored before marriage, and sighed when she recalled her sisters and mom’s words saying how she must behave better once she was married.

Resting her chin on the window sill, she watched the gardener digging the ground to plant some new fruit plants, and Jongin approaching him. He watched him for a while, and stepped forward, and grabbed the spade from the gardener.

“The ground is too hard. You can’t do it.” He said and started digging. The elderly gardener smiled and watched the guard digging ten times faster than he was doing it. “Thank you Jongin-ah, I’m old now, and it is really hard for me to do these kind of things alone.” He said.

“I know, and that’s why you should always call me when you need help!” Jongin said in a complaining tone. And he soon finished digging the hole and placed the plant in it himself. “What’s this plant?” he asked the gardener who was now filling the hole with soil.

“Mango.” The gardener replied. Jongin smiled in silence, but the gardener looked up and caught him smiling. “Why, do you like mango? But this will take a few years to give fruits.” He said standing up and brushing soil of his hands. Jongin shook his head.

“No, not specially.” He answered. He smiled because he recalled how Seora freaked out seeing mango trees on her way to the temple the other day. He was about to leave the place when he heard his name being called out.

“Jongin!!!”

He turned around and saw his mistress, gesturing him to come to her. He quickly strode to the window and bowed to her. “Yes my lady.” He uttered, waiting for her order.

“I want to go out Jongin...” she whined at him. Jongin looked up at her. “For what, may I ask my lady?”

Seora gave him a meek grin. “I’m just bored, and suddenly got an idea. Since you know the town very well, will you take me out?” she asked.

Jongin lowered his head at once, taking the order formally. “I’ll be waiting at the front gate for you my lady.” He said. Seora beamed at him. “I’ll get ready and come soon then.” She stepped back and closed the window, and Jongin walked back to the front gate.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Omo! Isn’t that a puppet show?” Haesol squealed as she was walking along a busy market street with her mistress. Jongin was closely following the two girl, aware of anyone who got closer to them.

Seora narrowed her eyes at the maid. “Did you forget why we’re here in the first place?” she asked. Haesol gave her a cheeky grin and scratched the back of her neck. “I do my lady.” She answered meekly.

Seora watched Haesol getting frustrated, and giggled. “Of course I know how much you like puppet shows, so don’t worry. Once we finish our major work, we’ll come back and watch it ok?” she said, patting Haesol’s hand. The maid’s face lit up with a smile, and she nodded frantically. “Of course my lady! Thank you so much!”

Jongin walked behind them, watching the bubbly behaviour of the two girls, and smiling to himself in silence. And once he arrived at the store they were heading to, he called Seora. “My lady, this is the store that you asked for.” He pointed a store with his hand.

 

 

The three of them walked in to the store, to be welcomed by an old lady. “Welcome!” she stood up with a smile and Seora walked up to her at once. “I’m looking for potted flower plants.” She said to the old woman she nodded, and started walking towards a door at the back of the small store. “This way my lady,” she called Seora to follow her.

The shop owner opened the door and it led them to a back yard, which was filled with potted plants. “What flowers do you need my lady?” she asked Seora.

Seora looked around the yard. “Roses.” She answered. “Roses are what I need the most, but you can recommend me some more flowers, I need about hundred plants.” She said.

Jongin, Haesol and the shop owner, all three of them stared at Seora, and the old woman quickly got into action, delighted with the huge order she suddenly got. “Definitely my lady, I will give you the best plants I have here!” she started running around the yard, showing Seora the plants and flower she has in store.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Jongin was still staring at Seora, even after they were back in the market, watching the puppet show Haesol wanted. After seeing what she did with all the plants she bought about two hours ago, he was still in awe. He silently watched her, as she laughed out loud w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter